starting strength gym
Page 970 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 4708709209609689699709719729801020107014701970 ... LastLast
Results 9,691 to 9,700 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    I guess you haven’t been paying attention. A confession is not evidence of committing voter fraud because there is no evidence of voter fraud. Ever. Never evidence. Signed witness affidavit? Not evidence. Therefore a confession could not be evidence either.

Also even if it were. Nobody could punish me because they wouldn’t have standing.
    Oh, I thought the point of your hypothetical was to be taken seriously, not to discredit your own case by making statements that paint yourself either as a liar or a criminal. My mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Actually, "logging in" generally does mean you have some kind of access. Logins are the hurdle to get past to get actual access. I don't know the specifics of what pulitzer was talking about with connecting to those machines, or if he "logged in" at all, but the rest of his presentation was what was important. He can scan over mail-in ballots quickly and determine if there are certain types of evidence of fraud. And if you don't think externally accessing and messing with a device that keeps track of who's already voted can be easily used to introduce fraud, you're just not that creative a thinker.
    No, that's not the way it works. These are modified iPads sold by a company called KnowInk. The only way you "log in" to them via wifi is if they are configured as a hotspot or if some dumbass downloads an application for remote access onto them. The company literally sells a verizon wifi hotspot attachment as an addon for the poll pads and frankly I'd be surprised if you can even access the apple store or sideload apps onto such a device. Moreover, if you actually had remote access, you'd be burying the lede by only characterizing what you've done in the way this has been. Or maybe they utilized this wifi exploit, but that's not logging into to anything and again, really burying the lede because you would have access to any iOS device with wifi enabled.

You could also just look at the explanation provided by the GA SoS, which basically explains things the same as I posited them. I expect that every morning the devices are connected to the internet to retrieve updated voter rolls via a hotspot and during this timeframe someone connected to the hotspot and thought they had the keys to the kingdom when really they just had a 4G connection through a network the voting machines aren't even on. Half of it reads like a hit piece, but I'd probably be tempted to do the same if some bum with no background in information security started trying to say he "hacked" my system when he'd done no such thing.

Reality isn't a creative writing class. Just because you can imagine something doesn't mean it's actually happened or is even possible.

Also, color me skeptical when someone claims they can spot fraud merely by looking at ballots. More so when they have no background in any field that would lend itself to that. It reeks of not understanding the decades old phenomena of undervoting.

I'm pretty sure I ended up with COVID-19. I PR'd my squat and press on Wednesday night and the second I put the press back in the rack, I felt a tickle in the back of my throat. That's not actually unusual if I had a really heavy lift and properly performed the valsalva. I started dry coughing a short while later and 24 hours later I had a fever, lost about 90% of my taste and some of my smell. I think I slept about 20 of the last 24 hours. Waking up just now, it looks like my fever is gone, and my chief complaint is the soreness. I'm so fucking sore my t-shirt resting on my skin is painful. The strangest thing of all is that I feel like I've had this before. It all feels extremely familiar to me, like something I had as a kid.

I feel like I'm getting better, but if I go to Tractor Supply or Co-op can I just buy the ivermectin off the shelf there?

If there's any left, you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Leify View Post
    Oh, I thought the point of your hypothetical was to be taken seriously, not to discredit your own case by making statements that paint yourself either as a liar or a criminal. My mistake.

No, that's not the way it works. These are modified iPads sold by a company called KnowInk. The only way you "log in" to them via wifi is if they are configured as a hotspot or if some dumbass downloads an application for remote access onto them. The company literally sells a verizon wifi hotspot attachment as an addon for the poll pads and frankly I'd be surprised if you can even access the apple store or sideload apps onto such a device. Moreover, if you actually had remote access, you'd be burying the lede by only characterizing what you've done in the way this has been. Or maybe they utilized this wifi exploit, but that's not logging into to anything and again, really burying the lede because you would have access to any iOS device with wifi enabled.

You could also just look at the explanation provided by the GA SoS, which basically explains things the same as I posited them. I expect that every morning the devices are connected to the internet to retrieve updated voter rolls via a hotspot and during this timeframe someone connected to the hotspot and thought they had the keys to the kingdom when really they just had a 4G connection through a network the voting machines aren't even on. Half of it reads like a hit piece, but I'd probably be tempted to do the same if some bum with no background in information security started trying to say he "hacked" my system when he'd done no such thing.

Reality isn't a creative writing class. Just because you can imagine something doesn't mean it's actually happened or is even possible.

Also, color me skeptical when someone claims they can spot fraud merely by looking at ballots. More so when they have no background in any field that would lend itself to that. It reeks of not understanding the decades old phenomena of undervoting.
    There's so much wrong with your concept of what can and can't be done with these technologies it's hard to start. Now, I'm not alleging that ANYTHING happened, but I have good ideas of what a determined individual or state-sponsored actor can accomplish. If it emits a field and processes a signal it can be accessed. This has been accomplished via electrical circuits through conditioned lines, 3.5mm audio ports, and grounding cables to name a few. There are physical security companies respected in their field whose door access readers could be broken into with a screwdriver, a console cable and 15 seconds of spare time. Whole industries have ignored the work of the entire body of RFCs with regard to developing and designing industrial, commercial and IoT systems, buses, protocols and devices.

It's not just that these voting systems were insecure. Any system in the world can be compromised via insider threat if it's not encased in concrete and lead at the bottom of the ocean. It's that they're so damn exposed it's ridiculous -- exactly as obvious and shitty as everything else that's happened lately. Your speculation encompasses exactly jack and shit more than the others', and you're alleging "undervoting" when one candidate broke records while winning every important metric, and the other did NOT win any of those and somehow got 6 MILLION MORE votes from a record breaking TINY number of counties with withered support politically, no ground game, no ability to speak publicly and while receiving no criticism from any media or social media entity.

God knows we deserve what's coming, but I imagine it will be Trump who flinches at the last. Despite the tough act and the TV persona, he's too nice and too trusting for a president. I don't believe he'll be willing to make the call to plunge the country into the already inevitable conflict we're barrelling towards. Although, I suppose that makes him a good man, and to hell with everyone who blames him for failing while near-single-handedly dismantling the corruption. Ben Franklin had it right, and we did NOT keep the Republic.

The guy has an extensive background in scanning and scrutinizing things printed on pieces of paper. He introduces himself as such. His presentation goes over exactly WHAT can be detected on ballots that are scanned and HOW they are detected. And again, "logging in" is an action designed to give a user access to a device or system. What you are looking to describe is merely a connection. In my opinion, even being able to connect to these devices externally is a critical security vulnerability. This is a pretty basic security principle. The most secure computer is one with no internet connection.

...reads like a hit piece, but I'd probably be tempted to do the same if some bum with no background in information security started trying to say he "hacked" my system when he'd done no such thing.
    In my view, this is the main thing that's missing from the perspective of those who've authored this board's preferred interpretation of the election results. That interpretation actually does have some strengths and is the product of a good deal of critical thinking, but it's there's a lack of willingness to empathize with the experts who have signed off, tacitly or otherwise, on the election results.

When some 19 y/o community college student (or 40 y/o investment banker for that matter) wanders into these forums and starts typing at Rip about how his life's work is wrong because "the studies show you have to do more volume" or something like that, Rip is sometimes inclined to grow indignant and dismissive. Certainly, he does not conduct himself as if he owes this guy a debate about exercise physiology just because he "disagrees" with PPfST. When people with technical knowledge of what would be required to carry out the vast conspiracy and/or stunning, paradigm-shifting feat of hacking needed to steal this election undetected analyze the evidence and say "no way", they shouldn't be blamed for having been dismissive towards clowns/media whores/grifters like Sydney Powell, who we know for sure now was lying about having "evidence" of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    Your personal happiness is not really a good metric for evaluating the effects of something with such a large effect on society.

The simple fact that dealing with actual humans on any meaningful level is almost entirely absent from the process is reason enough. Obviously, this isn't limited to Amazon, but online shopping has been good for many people financially so far, but the long term social cost has been horrible. It is one of the primary reasons nobody can imagine, let alone give a fuck, about actual brick and mortar businesses dying from Covid shutdowns.

Ultimately, the inevitable monopoly will make most customers and sellers unhappy with them as they drive down your profit margins (or just drive you out of business altogether) and leave everyone with shitty purchase choices, like Walmart has.

Centralized wealth is at least as bad, if not the same exact thing as centralized government.

Maybe you'll luck out and be the company they use for whatever you're selling now,. Or maybe you'll be reduced to sweeping the floor for minimum wage for the company that does.
    My personal happiness as a result of my dealings with Amazon, is the only metric that I have which I can trust. I also don't see how my not interacting with a clerk at the checkout, is going to have long term social costs. Since the retail person, out of the long chain from raw materiel to finished produce in the store, is the only person I might have any interaction with, I don't see how removing them from the chain is a problem. And frankly, interaction with a store clerk is not something I'll miss. As for the loss of Brick and Mortar stores, fine, they seldom have what I want, which is what has sent me to on-line shopping in the first place. But I really don't think B&M stores are going anywhere, too many people thrive on the energy of in-person shopping.

But I think you're giving Amazon a great deal more credit then they warrant. Look back at Montgomery Wards, and Sears and Roebuck with their catalogs. I would think they had far greater adverse effect on the social interactions of a community, then anything Walmart has or Amazon might do. If you step back and look at it, the catalog sales are responsible, in part, to the destruction of all the crafts of rural America and small town economies.

making statements that paint yourself either as a liar or a criminal.
    Yes, I would be either a criminal or a liar in this scenario. Which one? Criminal? Or liar?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    When people with technical knowledge of what would be required to carry out the vast conspiracy and/or stunning, paradigm-shifting feat of hacking needed to steal this election undetected analyze the evidence and say "no way"
    It's very hard to take seriously any person so willing to ignore facts and evidence he cannot find on CNN.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    My personal happiness as a result of my dealings with Amazon, is the only metric that I have which I can trust. I also don't see how my not interacting with a clerk at the checkout, is going to have long term social costs. Since the retail person, out of the long chain from raw materiel to finished produce in the store, is the only person I might have any interaction with, I don't see how removing them from the chain is a problem. And frankly, interaction with a store clerk is not something I'll miss. As for the loss of Brick and Mortar stores, fine, they seldom have what I want, which is what has sent me to on-line shopping in the first place. But I really don't think B&M stores are going anywhere, too many people thrive on the energy of in-person shopping.

But I think you're giving Amazon a great deal more credit then they warrant. Look back at Montgomery Wards, and Sears and Roebuck with their catalogs. I would think they had far greater adverse effect on the social interactions of a community, then anything Walmart has or Amazon might do. If you step back and look at it, the catalog sales are responsible, in part, to the destruction of all the crafts of rural America and small town economies.
    Amazon is a problem, granted. But Amazon gives billions of people access to the work of hundreds of thousands of small companies they would otherwise not even know existed. Like ours. So the calculation is not as simple as Big = Bad.