starting strength gym
Page 978 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 4788789289689769779789799809881028107814781978 ... LastLast
Results 9,771 to 9,780 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    This is fucking off the charts. We are literally at a precipice. I pray to God that goodness for the sake of the People will prosper!

https://twitter.com/SelaReport/statu...708819973?s=09

Leaked Remarks: Donald Trump Phones Georgia Secretary of State - January 2, 2021 - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    Remind me again what generation brought us the hipsters?

Funny how people are quick to use Luddite as a slur, but have no idea how right or wrong they were.
    I'm at the point at which I can't really describe myself as young (38 today, mothafuckas), but I'm not old either. I am however, old enough to have some fondness for these youngsters who scornfully engage people who quite obviously vastly outdo them in knowledge, experience and expertise. You know, I wish I had that kind of baseless self-assurance still, I think some of my greatest successes in life came from blindly getting into shit I obviously was in no way prepared to handle. But now, I got burned so many times, I mostly just shitpost.

John Adams

You hear it from the horses mouth. These machines are connected to the internet.

This is completely opposite the assurances which the Dominion CEO gave since the 3 Nov 2020 election.

They have been lying for 2 months!
    https://twitter.com/JovanHPulitzer/s...234651653?s=09

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    We have sold 750K books, probably more. Are you suggesting that we should have had to shake hands and take money from 750K individuals? George, you're making me look reasonable.
    I said nothing of the sort. A more careful reading would make that obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Miro View Post
    Most of us know this was never about the virus, but this is just to drive it home even further: British Woman Arrested After Filming Empty Hospital Wards While Health Officials Push COVID Panic - The Last RefugeThe Last Refuge

She got arrested on Christmas night, in front of her family while dressed in a nightgown, supposedly because of a public order offence. She's barred from entering any hospital except in emergency cases and by appointment.
    This is what I've been looking for. I expect this is how most hospitals are. Problem is I was talking the other day to my brother about covid and I didn't have a good answer about full hospitals. But this is good stuff, I'd like to know how deep this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    Ceaselessly. But these https://files.epi.org/2012/ib339-figureD.png are just numbers. The forces that have indisputably come to define 'leftism' in this country can and do exploit the tragedies underlying them for profit. But they are tragedies, nonetheless.
    This is a very cool graph, even if we don't know what the data is. Or where it came from. Or who collected it. Whatever this is, you cannot seriously pretend that you don't know that statistics lie, just like Leftists and you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    As a seller on Amazon, you are aware of Amazon’s inventory commingling practices, which have allowed knockoff items to be fraudulently sold under original brand names. Of course, Amazon has rebuffed all legal complaints, because they didn’t commit the fraud - they merely enabled, encouraged, and profited from it. YouTube rose to dominance via similar exploitation of copyrighted material uploaded by third parties. In the modern world, evil operates between interfaces.
    Thought the entirety of history, those with power and money, have used the position m&p gave them to get more money and power, Amazon is nothing new.

I get it. You just want to buy and sell stuff without dealing with actual humans. Lots of people feel this way. This is not a good thing.

I personally cannot see how someone can fail to see how this is a social problem, but then again, I repeatedly find myself expecting people to be better than many of them are.

I didn't say that this started with Amazons and Walmarts, but their reach is vastly beyond any of the catalog stuff's. And most things, even purely negative ones, can be fairly benign in small and irregular doses.
    No, you don't get it. I'm going to go out on a limb here and speculate you do not make your living selling your product directly to the public. Personally, I like going to craft shows and interacting with people, but craft shows are a hard, hard road to travel. There are too many shows that compete for the crowds and the organizers of the shows are taking an ever-bigger slice of the profits. The first year I was selling on Etsy, I made 10 times what I had made the year before at shows. I paid more in taxes that year, than I had ever made doing shows. Between Etsy and Amazon, I've become financially secure and it's a good feeling. So for whatever the evils of Amazon, my experience as a seller has been nothing but positive.

No, when you take in account the effect the catalog sales had on the small craftsman, the adverse effect of catalog sales was far greater. From blacksmiths to cobblers, the catalogs put them out of business and with the loss of those businesses, so to did the small towns begin to die. Let me list a few: The cobbler went from making shoes to repairing the ones you bought from Sears. Instead of making you a suit, the tailor fitted the suit you bought from Wards. The cabinet maker has mostly vanished, not able to compete with the prices of Sears.

… I don’t know, man. I think the observation you made that Amazon now gets a percentage of hundreds of thousands of small enterprise’s action around the country is discomfiting rather than reassuring to most folks…

I don’t know what you mean by “there will always be people willing to sell for less” either. Colossal firms like Amazon and Wal Mart are best equipped to drive prices down for pretty much any product that isn’t patent-protected… where have all of the people willing to undercut walmart been over the past half-century while it grew notorious for shuttering smaller competitors?
    Everyone takes a slice of your profits. The amount Amazon takes for their service is less than any show or store. Amazon takes 15% from me, if I sold through stores, the percentage is 50% and as high as 70%. Plus the time and effort to sell in person is huge. When you factor in time, effort, and return, Amazon and Etsy are the best venue for the maker.

As for selling for less, the competition can be brutal. Here's an example: When I first started selling on Etsy, I was selling railroad spikes made into hooks for $12 and I was selling them quite well. In time there was more competition, but then one guy started selling for $3. How do you deal with someone that will undercut you by that much? You don't, you live with the loss of sales and find something else to sell. In my case, I still get sales, just not as many. I did drop my price $10, but that was because my main competition dropped his to $10.

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    John Adams

You hear it from the horses mouth. These machines are connected to the internet.

This is completely opposite the assurances which the Dominion CEO gave since the 3 Nov 2020 election.

They have been lying for 2 months!
    https://twitter.com/JovanHPulitzer/s...234651653?s=09
    Hard to argue about it now. But they will anyway.

I said nothing of the sort. A more careful reading would make that obvious.
    Read this carefully:

I get it. You just want to buy and sell stuff without dealing with actual humans. Lots of people feel this way. This is not a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    His method for evaluating the ballots, however, has a potential to basically put this thing to bed if the Georgia SoS will actually cooperate with the subcommittee order, which it looks like he isn't. This of course, continues to make it look like something is being covered up here.
    Every step of the way it looks like this.

"42,000 people voted twice in Nevada. The judge asked for more proof to this claim - but the ballots and envelopes with signatures are controlled by Clark County officials (Harry Reid allies) and they refuse to allow an inspection. The judge didn’t care."

"A Nevada judge ruled the Trump team should be able to inspect the voting machines. But when we showed up to inspect the machines, Clark County officials gave our team a tour of the facility. There was no inspection done. The judge didn’t care."

"Clark County officials threw out a County Commissioners’ race (158k votes) because they didn’t trust the process. Then when the Trump campaign filed suit to throw out the whole ballot (not just one race) they flipped their decision and certified the race"

Maricopa county, AZ is ignoring a subpoena too.

These are not the acts of trustworthy people who love the Republic and want everyone to have faith in its systems.

It doesn't even matter if there's fraud. I'm fine with war just on the fact alone that this is obviously not an open election and multiple federal laws, state laws, state constitutions, and US constitution were violated by the government itself. Republicans, democrats, courts, legislatures - they're all guilty.

And I'm sick of this shit: "FULTON COUNTY: A Superior Court has set a remote hearing for tomorrow at 11:00am, to determine if county mail-in ballots from Nov 3rd should be visually forensically inspected, which a Senate subcommittee vote approved"

Why does EVERYTHING need to be approved by a court? The courts seem to rule us. Why are the legislatures we voted for not allowed to decide these things? What possible fucking argument is there to not allow the ballots to be looked at in an open election? These things belong to the People. What law is being violated by the GA senate ordering this? Some bullshit the courts will just make up I bet. They probably aren't even fraudulent, but they're gonna expect the entire country and the world to just spend the rest of their lives wondering if we have a valid government for no good damn reason. Apparently judiciary committees have oversight by the judiciary instead of the committee having oversight on the judiciary. Clown world.

But what do I know about any of this anyway? I'm just an elderly "luddite" who studied IT and various aspects of computer networks for years, and literally grew up using PCs of some type in my home since I was a small child.
    I was a US Navy software developer for 15 years. I have seen first hand how the government fails computer security and the type of employees they have that they cannot fire. I have the luddite poster blocked, but unfortunately the block system still shows you what they say when others quote them. I'm uninterested in what his kind has to say since the time for discussion has passed and the violations too egregious.

starting strength coach development program
    Ceaselessly. But these https://files.epi.org/2012/ib339-figureD.png are just numbers. The forces that have indisputably come to define 'leftism' in this country can and do exploit the tragedies underlying them for profit. But they are tragedies, nonetheless.
    I’m very surprised Luxembourg is listed as 12.3%. I could accept 12.1% ,maybe.