starting strength gym
Page 996 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 49689694698699499599699799810061046109614961996 ... LastLast
Results 9,951 to 9,960 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    They do not. Does the woman constitute an armed threat? Or is it your contention that she just needed killing?
    The outcome is tragic, but it is not surprising. She climbed a barricade defended by officers with drawn guns. Anyone attempting to bypass that barrier should have known that the officers were prepared to use lethal force.

I don't think she should have been shot but I don't think she should have been allowed to climb over the barrier either. You let one person in the rest will follow. As the guard, you have to make a split second decision. Let the protestors in or keep them out. You let the protestors in you could be killed by them. Why put an armed man in that situation? It's a cowardly decision he made but it's not surprising. I personally think she should have been tackled by the guards behind her or tased.

These have been the most stunning 48 hours of my life as a political observer... I doubt I'll be able to assimilate it in the near future. For now the only thing to be said is that if you're STILL singing the "Believe All Cops" song at this point in time then you're the WORST part of the problem... PERIOD

Quote Originally Posted by Rodaki View Post
    "He'''s got a gun!" Synced videos showing woman not heeding warning before being shot in Capitol [NSFL] : PublicFreakout

Do these videos change your mind about the shooting?

A group of people including the unarmed woman were smashing the glass and kicking the doors while they shouted "smash it down" and "bust it down"
    After watching these videos and reading some of her comments on social media, is it to early to rule out “suicide by cop” or she wanted to die a political martyr?

What will business owners do when rioters break in next summer? Will her death change the minds of some... I’m sure it will. At least it will to her family and friends.

General Flynn
    @GenFlynn
    “We must stand up for truth and call for a full investigation”

Another piece of the foreign interference puzzle. The viability of our constitution & our country are at risk.

Italy did it - Arturo D'Elia Admits to stealing election on

youtu.be/u4HJusPPWnc via @YouTube
    YouTube

https://twitter.com/GenFlynn/status/...570897923?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    The buffalo guy is the best evidence of leftists infiltrating the march.
    For yet another time, buffalo guy is not a leftist. He's a Trump backer. He's a Q guy. There are photos of him out of costume shaking hands with Giuliani. HE IS NOT A LEFTIST. The ANTIFA narrative is to try and get the people who DIDN'T go to this protest to turn on the people who DID. I WILL say the people who pushed into the capitol were NOT at Trump's speech. They were not people he "led" there. They were there ahead of time. I don't doubt there were antifa clowns "infiltrating", but they wish they had the kind of numbers it takes to do something like this. Maybe the people who first breached were antifa, I can't speak on that. But the people they are putting front and center they are after, are politically right leaning people who are largely just guilty of things like "unlawful entry". Children get raped and traded like commodities in this country, and the FBI is hunting down a guy in a goofy costume for "unlawful entry".

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Rich View Post
    What actually happened yesterday and what’s going to happen? Worth 10 mins of your time (until it’s taken down). This ain’t over yet:

Robert David Steele, Simon Parkes and Charlie Ward. - YouTube
    Interesting take on the day's events. Being an InfoSec person myself, as I watched the events at the capital building unfold I could help but think; "I would love to be there with my digital forensics kit grabbing forensic images of the drives of the computers in the offices that were hastily abandoned. It might also have been helpful to drop some "monitoring" tolls on the computers as well. Now it makes me wonder is Security was aware enough to grab the computers before they were used again to ensure nothing like this took place.

For whatever it's worth, I've seen some quotes from people who claim to have been there who are PISSED that people are denigrating their cause by blaming it on antifa.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    I don't think armed matters, but threat does and at the very least, any security/police threatening her with a gun needed to verbally warn her that doing "x" results in her getting shot. Maaaybeee that happened and is somehow lost in the dynamics of everyone shouting and such, but it seems highly unlikely that the cops behind her would not have arrested her or shot themselves before the coward on the other side did.
    Sorry but, the actions of the cop who shot her certainly looked like the actions of a coward. Seems to be a fine example of a cop who wanted to be a cop for all the wrong reasons. Yesterday was his day and shooting Ashli was his moment to shoot someone and he wasn't going to miss his opportunity. The dude hid behind concealment, popped out to fire the round that killed her, and then ducked back behind his position. I can't accept that as the actions of someone who felt threatened by the actions of the so-called mob.

If the mob was there to visit violence upon the occupants of the building the shooting would have moved them to violence. The Federal officers defending the courthouse in Portland faced far graver threats than at the Capitol. Yet they conducted themselves like professionals and restrained themselves from shooting people when it was not only justified but also warranted. Clearly, "professional" is not a term anyone should use to describe the Capitol Police.

Of course, we know that no officer would be charged in these circumstances let alone convicted. Since there will be no opportunity to prove the officer's actions were criminal, the dude clearly has shit judgment and his actions were reckless at best. I know I would not want to serve along side him.

starting strength coach development program
    Short interview with the guy next to the woman that was shot: