starting strength gym
Page 999 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 4998999499899979989991000100110091049109914991999 ... LastLast
Results 9,981 to 9,990 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    It was announced this morning that the DC chief of police has resigned. I wondered if it was because of the suspiciously sparse preparation as compared to the row upon row of riot equipped cops on the steps of the Capitol for the BLM/Antifa march. About an hour later it was revealed that his preparations and action plan was being questioned as inadequate.

Curious, no? Of course there will be accusations he was in Trump's pocket. Except that he doesn't report to Trump, rather the local powers that be of DC, not POTUS.

Seems like this could have been an intentional brittle perimeter, intended to fail.
    It was the chief of the US Capitol Police, not the DC Metropolitan Police. USCP reports to Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by Miro View Post
    Ashli Babbit might have been a psyop: Brighteon
    So much of this is bullshit that it worries me you might believe it. It's just not helpful.

Has anybody IDed the cop who shot her?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt James View Post
    It was the chief of the US Capitol Police, not the DC Metropolitan Police. USCP reports to Congress.
    My bad. I repeated what I heard on the radio and failed to follow up to verify. Although it only seems to support my point about not being accountable to Trump or the Executive Branch.

Quote Originally Posted by DanaWhicker View Post
    Hurling, thank you for your input on these matters. It's greatly appreciated during these interesting times. If you watched the video posted earlier of the officer shooting Ashli Babbitt and the immediate aftermath, what did you make of the special ops guy reaching the top of the stairs and the communication that took place between him and the shooter? To me it looked like he aimed his service rifle at the guy, indicated to the shooter that he should lower his weapon, then gave a thumbs up. I know that's a bit of conjecture. I'm just wondering if the situation looks more clear to you because of your experience in your former profession.
    I've been in riots before becoming a cop and afterward. But this situation is beyond my anecdotal experiences. I will say that unless there was something not in range of the video that could conceivably have justified it, the use of lethal force was way out of bounds. You use your body, your baton, your chemical sprays, but unless you or someone else's life is in certain risk, you don't even pull your gun in a crowd like that, let alone use it. I didn't see anything that supported what that cop did.

Quote Originally Posted by Miro View Post
    Ashli Babbit might have been a psyop: Brighteon
    This is horribly inaccurate.

Just off the top of my head without writing anything down.

1) claims it痴 a Glock 45
    覧 the video quality is nowhere near good enough to deduce this. How could did they come to this conclusion

2) a .45 knocks you down and back
    覧- FALSE

3) he pointed the gun down the hall.
    覧- that is not what the video seems to show. He steps forward and engages her. She appears to be directly opposite him within maybe a yard and a half.

4) she was shot in the neck where is the blood?
    覧- do we know she was shot in the neck? I have read neck and chest. What type of round was it? Was it JHP? Probably. If so, and in the chest it would expand, a lot of bleeding would be internal.

I recommend you give a listen to my Congresscritter Mike Bost in his interview on WJPF this morning. In it, he discusses why he and other members of Congress opposed voting to certify the results of the Electoral College. He laid out the Constitutional basis for the opposition in that state LEGISLATURES are responsible for enacting laws within the parameters of the Constitution for national elections, not governors, not secretaries of state, and not local election authorities. Bost asserted, and accurately, that five states ignored their existing legislation and resorted to executive fiat by their governors, secretaries of state, or local election authorities to proceed.

He also deplored the takeover of the Capitol. Altogether, one of the best lessons in civics I have heard.

Newsradio WJPF interview with Mike Bost | January 8, 2021 | Newsradio WJPF

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    I didn't see anything that supported what that cop did.
    So why would he do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    I need to put a preface on this post: this is NOT commentary on the moral legitimacy of the BLM riots vs this incident. All I am doing is pointing out that Tuesday and the Ahmaud Arbery shooting were caused by exactly the same thing:
    Ahmaud Arbery??

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    This is horribly inaccurate.

Just off the top of my head without writing anything down.

1) claims it痴 a Glock 45
    覧 the video quality is nowhere near good enough to deduce this. How could did they come to this conclusion

2) a .45 knocks you down and back
    覧- FALSE

3) he pointed the gun down the hall.
    覧- that is not what the video seems to show. He steps forward and engages her. She appears to be directly opposite him within maybe a yard and a half.

4) she was shot in the neck where is the blood?
    覧- do we know she was shot in the neck? I have read neck and chest. What type of round was it? Was it JHP? Probably. If so, and in the chest it would expand, a lot of bleeding would be internal.
    Thanks for the insight. I have never dealt with guns so I couldn't have known.

Over there at the CTH, an article highlights a wide-scale Big Social Media purge in the aftermath of the Capitol Storming: Big Tech Purge Continues, Facebook Bans Walk Away Movement, Reddit Bans Pro-Trump Group, Twitter Purge Ongoing, Biden Labels Trump Supporters "Domestic Terrorists" - The Last RefugeThe Last Refuge

It's not hard to see where this will lead, eventually. I really hope Trump has some aces up his sleeve. Surely he's not going to just let Biden/Harris have the presidency?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    So much of this is bullshit that it worries me you might believe it. It's just not helpful.

Has anybody IDed the cop who shot her?
    From that video you posted it looked like his head was hidden by a hood and his hand looked like he was wearing a white shirt with cuffs. Mostly hidden behind the door way, did not look like a uniformed officer.