starting strength gym
Page 1019 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 1951991996910091017101810191020102110291069111915192019 ... LastLast
Results 10,181 to 10,190 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    There's a critical difference between Benghazi and the DC debacle. The former was indeed the result of non-decision making on the part of executives. The latter was a clustered up kluge made by a joint committee of the Capitol PD, the Sergeants at Arms of the House and Senate, and it appears the FBI deeming the march a non threat. No one in the Executive Branch was involved. Of course the FBI is now trying to cover it's ass by citing a memo about the threat that they didn't bother to account for last week. One might add that with the possible exception of the Sergeant at Arms of the Senate, the rest seem to be controlled by dems. The chief of the Capitol police and the Sergeants at Arms have all been fired or resigned. Looks like they got their marching orders to let a brittle perimeter happen for the march that was intended to fail for the purpose of further inflaming media and hence the public along with discrediting Trump and any of his supporters. It worked like a charm.
    For the most part the R's and the D's are the same party. They will continue the lie for as long as they need to. They wont ever stop cheating, they'll throw some Rino's into office once and a while.

I may never vote again, which I know is what they want. Not that it matters much in my state.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    You know as well as I do Mark we can vote them out next election, however it does not matter who gets in these days GOP or Demoncrats or in our case here Liberal/National Party or Labor, state governments here of both persuasions have reacted the same way.

"And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever." Daniel 2v44.

I think we are in these "days". Well that is my opinion.

But before this, this has to happen.

"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world for a testimony unto all the nations; and then shall the end come."

So why the delay?

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is long suffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." 2 Pet 3v9.

You should already know this. There were folk in your family that told you this a long time ago.
    All eyes on the middle east. The third temple has not been built yet... but it can happen at any moment and very quickly. They have everything ready.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardGreen View Post
    You are correct on the origins of BLM. It was started after a 17 year old kid who was walking home, was stalked, chased (yes he ran away), and then was confronted by an armed man who suspected he was up to no good, likely for the crime of being black.
    Every piece of this sentence is a lie. The left lies. That's all they do.

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTWOLF View Post
    Here's how that's a problem: The less stability in the US government, the more opportunities there are for the Russians and Chinese to exploit that instability. The government of the USA, owning the second-largest stockpile of nuclear weapons, is a stabilizing force for the continued existence of the human race. Congratulations on your survival capabilities. If we get overrun by our adversaries, you'll be able to put them to good use.
    What is the use of all those deterrents if you have a "Nancy" who wants to remove the first strike capability from a standing duly elected President, that is the person who needs to impeached or better put before a court for treason. If Biden has any guts he should move to have her promptly arrested. She not only compromised her own country, but ours as well as it is under that shield as well.

oooh im off the plant tonight, boys… lets get to it

first I must ask… how old are you, Matt? I’m guessing gen X. You do have some perspective… but you speak in the manner of a verbose and obscene older gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post

You want to deny the significance of race, like a typical materialistic liberal, but these non-whites will have undoubtedly noticed, even among own communities, that in-group preference and positive and negative ethno-centrism simply exists, but that doesn't then necessarily mean half the nation is morally bankrupt just because people tend to prefer to be with their own kind. They understand race as something real and meaningful, but they don't subscribe to the progressive view that, because ethno-centrism exists, therefore every value underpinning the nation should be forensically examined and diagnosed, then subverted. They don't want America to be steadily transformed into an anti-white, progressive laboratory of bad ideas - they like America just how it is.
    …yeah, of course they don’t. Uncontroversial. But this does nothing to substantiate your words about how the riot is unnerving to the neoliberal order because it shivering in fear over the prospect of race war. There is no such war on the horizon. Voting patterns are shifting to reflect homogenization of political identity. Interracial marriage, interracial families, and attitudes towards same are all way up. Despite the Sean Hannity’s and Rachael Maddows and all their shrill provocations, the legacy of slavery and Jim crow is steadily fading away. The progress has been slow—there are still authentic white racists and there are still blacks who are taught as children to hate whites because of the racial disparities that dominated the lives of generation’s past—but it has been unstoppable.

The media cannot show any of this. They cannot allow the idea of a politically charged, positive white identity to grow legs. Instead, they have to paint the whole thing as "white supremacist domestic terrorism" (oMg NaZis! LiKe iN ThE MoVieS!!1!) and double-down with their Kristallnacht rhetoric. What they needed to portray was how white the populist action at the Capitol was, and therefore how immoral it was. Remember, white populism = bad.
    This is what I meant when I said the mold didn’t fit. Read yourself from a few pages back. You say:

It's an extra headache because in America this majority white crowd also had numerous "red-pilled" minorities among their ranks at the protest, which is pure cancer for the establishment media's optics.
    Why is it a headache? In your narrative they’re desperate to avoid a galvanizing symbol of white solidarity, so how does it hurt them that the capitol hill crowd was multiracial? It doesn’t. The multiracial (and, yes, multi-ethnic) nature of Trump’s support doesn’t fit your narrative—and neither does the rest of the evidence that racial wounds are healing rather than festering.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    That happened? I'm sorry, I don't read his posts.
    What do you guys think he means by this? He’s trying to convey that “reads” is inapt a word to describe the way he experiences them, that in fact there is no word so sublime, right? … right?

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    But, what about Bernie and his supporters? Isn't he angry that he got cheated in the primary?
    Bernie’s coalition was a dead end by 2020—he had boxed himself into a ‘niche woke candidate’ corner by then. The future party won’t resemble Bernie much apart from single-payer. The legacy of Trumpism will have to be a 3rd party loosely organized around what one could call anti-clintonian principles. The more I meditate on it, the more I think Trump’s support is most essentially a rejection of the Bill and Hillary vision for life, work, and community in the 21st century. The core of the platform must be:

~ Opposition to globalization in the form of a significantly higher tax rate for corps that do more than ten percent of business in foreign markets OR have more than ten percent foreign employees, used to fund medicare-for-all... heh no okay fine then a big expansion of the EITC to help out wage-earners.

~ guarantee free speech rights for citizens on social media platforms through the same mechanism through which those rights are guaranteed on telephone servers (don’t focus on repealing 230, that’s a retarded distraction)

~ legal weed

It isn’t much, but it’s a stance that has the potential to be popular enough to override the uniparty media consortium’s finely tuned propaganda machine and actually win an election that hurts the globalist elite. It’s a hill to fight on.

Quasi random.... Anyone subscribe to Blaze TV?

Lie or tell the truth, they will do anything provided it serves the same purpose: destruction of opposition to the ideology. They will use reason, emotional arguments or nihilism interchangeably -- sometimes in the same sentence.

As much as I hate preventable violence, and as much as violence is inevitable when discussion ends, there is absolutely no point in talking to Postmodern neo-Marxists. Unless you want to be angry, and then you're allowing them to provoke you. We're eventually going to have to turn our minds to a greater task and set our eyes just above the horizon.

I screw up with this constantly, but I'm working on it.

Perhaps we can let BLM speak for themselves.

BLM co-founder describes herself as 'trained Marxist'

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Spicka View Post
    All eyes on the middle east. The third temple has not been built yet... but it can happen at any moment and very quickly. They have everything ready.
    That is why the Israelis love Donald Trump as he moved the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem in recognition of the Jewish capital, that is why they minted a temple coin with his image superimposed on the image of Persian King Cyrus who gave permission to the Jews to rebuild the 2nd temple. Problem is though there are (or were)a bunch of so called "Christians" mixed up in the NAR who put forward the theory of "Dominionism" or "Kingdom Now" where a new so called "Christian" world wide caliphate was going to take control of the world and gain control of the 7 mountains of influence. Education, Religion, Family, Business, Gov/Military, Arts/Entertainment and Media. Mostly Pentecostals that is why you had folk like Kenneth Copeland pressing Christians to vote for Trump. The Copeland's were members of Trumps faith advisory counsel. So when Trump came on the scene back in 2016 they thought he was their man.

Trump surrounded himself with some of these NAR folk who predicted he would continue as President for a 2nd term and bring in the new conservative age, but it came unstuck. Just as most of Trump's political allies dumped him in the last few weeks so did most of these so called "Christians" jump ship as well. Their plan failed. Making the USA great again for these folk was more to do with setting the US up as new "Christian kingdom". I know it sounds crazy. But these charlatans were dead serious. I would them trust about as far as I could chuck a 25kg plate.

Rick Perry got caught up in it back in 2011.

Rick Perry: The Evangelicals Behind The Response - Business Insider

Now these folk have to deal with what appears to be a Biden left leaning government, not what they had planned.

"Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.” John 18v36

starting strength coach development program
    The right has a real problem now. Trump has repeatedly condemned those who participated in the capitol riot, though many big conservative players already excused it. Check out this tweet by Nick Fuentes, one of the loudest voices in the America First movement who rallied at the riot: https://twitter.com/NickJFuentes/sta...97332384100354.

Trump's basically ostracized a large portion of his followers, and there is some major fallout. You can see the disintegration in real time on twitter, as members with pepe profile pictures and trump memes are forced to turn against the president to avoid turning on their own. Some who are more moderate still hold onto conspiracy, claiming that Antifa is at the center of the attack, or the whole event was staged, though essentially every rioter identified is traced to Trump and multiple big name Trump supporters are at the event. What happens next?