starting strength gym
Page 1040 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 4054094099010301038103910401041104210501090114015402040 ... LastLast
Results 10,391 to 10,400 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    Re: multiculturalism and neoliberal, global capitalism.

There been a steadily coordinated drive (a conspiracy in the literal definition of the word) by the establishment to enforce and normalize multiculturalism in the last seven or so decades throughout Western societies. This happened in tandem with a new, anti-white narrative which suppressed any interruption to the multicultural project.
    I agree and disagree. Yes, the enforcement and normalization of multiculturalism is new, although multiculturalism itself is much older than seventy years in this country. The anti-white narrative is not new (would you say that Ghandi and Frederick Douglass’ were ‘pro-white’ narratives? Lol), although it’s codification/amplification by elements of the ruling class is.

To understand multiculturalism and its true function, we need to talk about multiculturalism in relation to neoliberalism and global capital - which is something you like to conspicuously make critical-sounding noises about on a regular basis.

You matter-of-factly say black culture is more "united". If white people feel more atomized in our homelands, maybe it's because of the non-stop propagation of the this single idea by the establishment: every other race can think of themselves as, and behave as being part of, their own racial group, except white people. When white people do this, it's not called being racially or culturally united - it's called "racism" or "white supremacy". This anti-white narrative, along with the establishment's push for societal acceptance of multiculturalism, has created a white people who are terrified to talk about their own race in a positive way.
    You are 100% correct that the ruling class would need to suppress the development of proud, unabashed white identity that bolsters social ties that are not premised on commercial relationships. You are 100% incorrect that they have ever had to.

White people NEVER talked about their own race in a positive way, in the United States or practically any other country. Ever.

Irishmen talked up Irishmen. Scotsmen talked up Scotsmen. Catholics talked up Catholics. Protestants talked up Protestants, who feuded with poles, Spaniards, et cetera. Nationalism has always given the ruling class ample divisions to exploit, even since the time when black people and native americans were recognized as ‘people’ by the state.

Have you ever considered that if the folks you read really cared about preserving white identity/cultural values, they would be agitating for a pan-European ethno-state spanning the British Isles through Russia, completely capable of sustaining itself economically and militarily, and in fact powerful enough to jostle with China and the U.S. for global power? Have you considered that Bezos and Zuck might actually LIKE the fact that Europe is so feeble, disunited, and embroiled in petty internecine squabbles that it has to hit its knees for China and the IMF as 25 different states every time a real estate bubble pops in the U.S. rather than being able to dictate terms itself as a trans-continental juggernaut?

Have you considered that the Right-Wing Populism, Inc. and the Small-state Nationalism, Inc. grifters might be paid by different factions of the same anti-western-culture globo-capitalists you despise?

However, the establishment doesn't just want multiculturalism for multiculturalism's sake.

Neoliberalism and global capitalism identifies barriers, and breaks down those barriers in order to more efficiently access bigger markets and grow, and grow. Races, religions, cultures - all types of differences - all create borders. Borders are antithetical to what capitalism cares about. That's why it doesn't care about our history, and why it endorses all the kinds of phenomena we're seeing from the left leaning establishment right now.
    This is just a primitive understanding of the state of affairs, in my view. The ruling classis not so monolithic, Matt! If you think National Identity always works against the interests of capitalism, then by golly, you’ll be shocked to see financial reporting from all of the weapons contractors who funded W’s campaign. The Koch brothers fight BLM viciously—they’re some type of populist freedom fighters in your eyes, now?

It disrupts and destroys everything, whether its culture or the values which brought us together as a nation of people. It doesn't care about you any more than what you represent to the system itself. Are you some kind of economic unit, or a human being?
    Yes, yes, yes! This is why capitalism is antithetical to White/Western values. We need a strong state, a strong community, i.e. we must cultivate the spirit of individualism/egalitarianism that is the essence of our heritage politics and culture. I’m with you here, Matt.

[/QUOTE] If you believe in yourself, your people, your culture, and everything that matters - you are a nationalist. Even though you can describe neoliberalism, Hag, I don't think you're spiritually or even philosophically against neoliberalism. I think you're a true progressive, and you share the very values which support the neoliberal superstructure - which means you ultimately condone it and are complicit. [/QUOTE]

No, No! What? Are you saying that men like St. Augustine, Shakespeare, Leonardo Da Vinci, many more of the most heralded contributors to our shared intellectual/cultural legacy as Europeans were nationalists despite having no concept of the term whatsoever and participating in no political activity consistent therewith? What binds us together runs deeper than loyalty to a country, Matt… countries are just political organizations. They can be expanded, collapsed, and reshaped as serves the needs of our people; what we have between us is not so fragile as to mind.

Hopefully I didn’t ramble too much. Tl;dr: Anybody who tells you that you are scoring a victory against global capitalism by decentralizing democratic institutions sees you as a mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post

The courts do not care about following the law.
    DOJ will not charge Sen. Richard Burr for Covid stock trades
    Rich people or politicians facing consequences for their actions, in this country? No, prison is for serious crimes, like smoking weed.

Meanwhile, this patriot from Texas offered in the earlier days of the pandemic to help the nation address its n95 mask shortage and was turned away in yet another example of this administration bungling pandemic response. https://www.washingtonpost.com/gdpr-...691_story.html

Is that what Hag has actually been up to this whole time?

I just meant that you can come to wildly inaccurate conclusions if you superficially stereotype based on a small set of indirect data.
    I don't know dude, your constant suspicion over China's espionage seems extremely ancap to me, as do your views on immigration!

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    With these types of things you need to take them with a grain of salt as much as we want them to be true.

For example, the rumor going around now is that Nassan Hassrala has been killed.
    When you hear something like this, you need to check mainstream Israel and Arabic media. Turns out, that so far this rumor is not true. If it was, it would be headline news.
    Plus, if it was true, I would would be hearing sirens and having missiles falling near my house, literally. That would be considered a declaration of war between Israel and Hizballa.

Gilead, thank you for not pooping on me (although I did deserve it for jumping to conclusions). The lesson here, is for us to look at something, and think, "Is this ACTUALLY true? Really?" Then we do some objective research, engage in critical thinking, and sift through the crap to find the gold nugget.

The simple believe anything, but the prudent give thought to their steps. Proverbs 14:15

The vast majority of soldiers and police officers are still on our side (outside of a few select cities, like Portland).
    They should not be harassed.

The enforcers of illegal lockdowns that violate the constitution and their oath to it can burn.

1- Without a threat, either of withholding something needed or of violence, a protest is just bitching. Maybe kind or moral people would care, but that is not who is being dealt with. They don't need anything they cannot take, including your vote, your money, and eventually the ability to defend yourself with any hope of success. Look at all the 2A folks that protested in Virginia and then had gun laws passed before the saloon door stopped swinging.

Warning or whining are the choices.

2- A viable threat + ability to act upon it is justification for self defense. Screw optics. Most of the current "middle class" are sheep and will believe whatever optics are presented to them. Truth be damned. Just look at all the mask wearers....or the Proud Boys incident in NYC...or any other number of cases where the media aka Leftist propaganda machinery has decided what you need to believe.

I avoid violence as much a possible, but hit first and hit hard is the way to go when you have to go at all.

And, of course, I am not saying any of this applies to any current events and it is certainly not a call to violence. Just a thought experiment on a typical Wednesday afternoon explaining the idea that playing by the "rules" that the other team sets, but does not themselves heed is utter BS. No idea who "them" could be or if there are a "them".

YouTube didn't like it. Must have been Right-Wing Lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Shea Frazier View Post
    Imagine, if you would, a world where people understood that correlation does not equal causation.
    And how does one deal with novel correlations?

Hint: you investigate and, if possible, falsify them. AKA "might point to something worth investigating"

Because without correlation there is no evidence of causation.

Thanks for playing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    YouTube didn't like it. Must have been Right-Wing Lies.
    You tube FB and vimeo took them down this afternoon. Interesting how it happened simultaneously over all these platforms. Must of been the Chinese owned fact checker group.

Found it here however DR. SIMONE GOLD - The Horrible Truth About COVID-19 Vaccines (2021)

starting strength coach development program
    Happy to post it here.