starting strength gym
Page 1044 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 4454494499410341042104310441045104610541094114415442044 ... LastLast
Results 10,431 to 10,440 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    WHO Information Notice for IVD Users 2020/05

The WHO conveniently updated their news bulletin board yesterday drawing attention to false positives.
    Well, there you go.

I spoke to an ER doc that works at my local hospital 2 days ago. He said within the previous week he had admitted 3 patients for various issues. None of the 3 had any COVID symptoms, however these 3 souls all tested positive upon admission. None of the 3 were there for COVID symptoms at all. I followed up with the question, "So those are now 3 COVID hospitalizations, right?" He said he didn't know.

Interesting.

You guys pounded on GHOSTy well enough so I'll just post Dr. Birx explaining COVID death coding, again:

Dr. Deborah Birx | Recording Covid-19 as Cause of Death No Matter What - YouTube

Imagine someone saying, I'm going to pull a fast one on you. I'm going to lie and fuck you over. You ready? Here it comes? You leftys reading this... That's what your overlords did.

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTWOLF View Post
    Good job, coach! You exposed what I got wrong. I wasn't being exact enough, and said something that was similar to what I intended, but meant something else entirely. Spot on analysis refuting my central claim at the beginning. I said "There are hundreds of thousands more people who have died in the US this past year than recent years. This is due to COVID." The data you provided conclusively proves that is false. The primary driver of an increase in number of dead people each year is an increase in the growing population, as you have indicated irrefutably. What I should have been more careful to say, instead, was that the number of deaths predicted using statistics, calculus and epidemiological science including data from previous years, and calculated by people who have made it their life's work to study this kind of thing, funded by the most powerful country on Earth, is greater than that expected.

The causative factor in this divergence from what was expected can be conclusively said to be from COVID-19. Excess Deaths Associated with COVID-19 Here's data from a 3-letter organization better than CBS, the CDC. The figure near the middle of the page shows tens of thousands more people than expected, that is, than that calculated through established specialized demographic techniques, died in the year 2020. As can be seen, every year, more people die on an average summer week than an average winter week. Cold weather is inherently deadly. Vitamin D production goes down, people freeze, but mostly, immune systems get suppressed when temperatures are colder. That's why flu season is usually in the winter. There are 330 million Americans. The estimate most epidemiologists researching COVID-19 deaths in the US would give for total deaths due to this virus is 400,000. It's not that exact number, but it is in the neighborhood of that number. Obviously, with 330,000 people being one tenth of one percent of Americans, this is small in comparison to the year-to-year death rate you posted. However, that death rate can still be, and is, estimated with a 95% prediction interval, and it's undeniable, if even counting just death certificates filed alone, that in 2020 the death rate is higher than expected by hundreds of thousands. The reason for that is that there's a pandemic, a public health crisis affecting the US.

We can discount CBS News, but I am not a leftist. I am an American who tries my damnedest to have an evidence-based understanding of the world I live in. This principle is what drove me to Starting Strength, so that I'm not wasting my time on periodization. Your program most clearly had theory backing up why it worked, as well as ample evidence that it works, and works more-efficiently than alternatives. I can certainly err in the execution of that principle, as you have seen and corrected for. Thanks for that, by the way. I don't wanna spout bullshit, and welcome all efforts to help me in the goal of avoiding doing such a thing.
    Bruno?

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    Wtf... I didn't (nicely) ask for a dissertation. I asked for specific numbers. Please give those to me. That's all I'd like you to provide.
    Sorry, he doesn't have those. He just has a keyboard. Upon which, like all leftists, he merely runs his mouth and lies. Dr. Deborah Birx | Recording Covid-19 as Cause of Death No Matter What - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Bruno?
    No, that's Richard Green.

Try to imagine the level of irrational hatred this takes: Reddit User Brags About Cremating His Father Against His Wishes, Trashing His Ashes Because He Supported Trump – Summit News

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTWOLF View Post
    Listen here you little hunchbacked, fat assed, bald headed, red faced, two faced, limp dicked, long balled, hard nipped, closed minded, science denying, yes-man collecting, milk drinking, squash burning, mispronouncing, has been, sexagenarian greaseball bitch!
    He's not bald headed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shea Frazier View Post
    Alright, George, I'll bite.

In the future, if you're going to play, you should probably check and make sure you're not showing up to a major league game with a Triple-A team.
    I simply pointed out the utter stupidity of your attempt at a refutation of vaccine deaths with this retardation:

Quote Originally Posted by Shea Frazier View Post
    55 people died in the U.S. after drinking water. That dihydrogen monoxide is some dangerous shit. I bet it's even in the Covid vaccines!

Time to switch to Coke..."
    Oh stop with your pussy move of trying to change the argument to whether Gilead was right or if his post was to save face. Your reply wasn't and that is what I addressed.

Whether or not the link or numbers presented in it were legit is a moot point. Your reply was stupid and ignorant. A retarded way to examine evidence and if accurate all the more reason to examine the issue.

Not even major league pocket pool, you arrogant fuck.

And in the future you might want to address what I actually said or fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is such a load of absolutely bullshit. United States of America Death rate, 1950-2020 - knoema.com

The mortality rate in the US in 1950 was 9.7 deaths per 1000, in 2010 it was 8.1/1000, and this year it is 8.9/1000, having risen steadily since 2010. There are more total deaths now because there are more total people. The death rate in 2016 was up from the previous year by 1.31%, in 2017 by 1.37%, in 2018 by 1.35%, in 2019 by 1.29%, and in 2020 by 1.19%. Note the trend. .
    Add to that ^ (or this is what we are seeing now):

The swell of the Boomer-population is getting closer to their end.
    Sure that generation isn't super-eldery yet, but you are a whole lot more prone to dying at say 60 y.o. than say a person at 40 y.o.

And the increasing death rate is not surprising with all of America's obesity and diet problems.
    That will come to fruition hard and heavy in the coming years.

I can't wait to watch the excuses over the next few years when Covid19 subsides to nothing, and the death rate continues to increase over what 2020 was.

No, that's Richard Green
    You wanna tell him what Soylent is made of or do we wait?

Such bullshit. I don't need my cock sucked tonight. 400,000 is not even in the neighborhood of the number, and if you don't know why it's because you'd rather believe the lies. And if you people think you can mitigate all the damage you've done to the economy, and the damage you've done to society and the general public now that you've gotten Trump out of office, then I sincerely hope there is a Hell for you to enjoy.
    ehhh .... the excess deaths GHOSTWOLF et al are speaking of aren't spread out over the whole entire year.
    And you are kind of dismissing those deaths as 'noise' by lumping them in with total yearly deaths.

The deaths are confined to a few months where the epidemic started (here is the US) and did its damage.
    You can surely look at a weekly death chart and point to "here ... here is where 400,000 people died from Covid 19".

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    Not a Qtard myself, but the idea that there was no plan is simply the least reasonable possibility. It pretty much means trump was trolling us all. possible, but quite unlikely IMO...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    You asked: Amazing Polly: Responds to those who are celebrating the failure of "The Plan"
    I suspect the massive crowdsourcing and resulting light on fuckery will continue. There's no better research tool than millions of people working together in search of truth. And there's no better weapon against tyranny than light.
    Enjoy the victory laps.
    What victory laps?
    Most of us would have much preferred to have been wrong on this one.
    We are on the same team and we all lost.
    I am hoping the gradual realization motivates QAnons to actively push hard for real change.

My first issue is that we do not know who is/was controlling Q; We do not know what agendas they had or if they changed over time.
    If I were to take a wild guess, I would speculate that is/was controlled largely by Trump campaign advisors.
    Their main goals likely were:
    1. Keep people engaged with the Trump's MAGA movement, crowdsource large amounts of campaign material and place a real-time gauge on supporter sentiment.
    2. Keep everybody calm and stop them from doing anything stupid, because they believed Trump had the votes to win the election in a landslide.
    3. Increase awareness of the propaganda and blatant lies coming from our mainstream (state-run or sponsored) media outlets; get people used to questioning the bullshit.

When the plans failed, they just kept going, hoping they would figure something out.

In hindsight, we can look at Trump one of two ways:
    1. Trump is the founder of the MAGA movement, but he was simply in over his head from the beginning; He was surrounded by adversaries and forced to make deals that would ultimately restrict his abilities as president.
    2. Throughout his presidency, Trump declined to take easy steps to bolster his movement. Why didn't he take these steps? Why did he encourage his supporters to fight like hell, then not appear to do so himself when/where it counted?
    -He did not pardon Assange, Snowden or the capitol patriots.
    -He kept advisors/bureaucrats who clearly did not support him or his movement
    -He was silent or dragged his feet on many huge issues that would have grown his support base and could have been marketed in ways that would make sense to almost everyone (federal student loan nullification, legalization of marijuana, preemptive election integrity reform, pursuing anti-trust cases, abolishment of the Patriot Act, Central Banker reform etc)

The movement has just begun.

starting strength coach development program
    Does anyone know how many people short changed their life expectancy because of COVID? Life insurance companies write policies based on life expectancy. They price it based on risk which includes medical condition and lifestyle (the bigger the policy the bigger the screening). I don’t think they care if you die with or from covid, or from quarantine boredom, just if they can underwrite accurately.

In other words, has life insurance premiums gone up because of Covid? If they haven’t , well then we know what’s going on to a very high degree of accuracy.