starting strength gym
Page 1065 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 65565965101510551063106410651066106710751115116515652065 ... LastLast
Results 10,641 to 10,650 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It's possible the store clerk called the cops. That would mean that the guy had been in the store quite a while, not typical for a convenience store stop. The guy could have been about to rob the clerk. The guy could have been waving his gun around. Anything could have happened. I was responding to what I see in the video. I've been wrong before. But probably not this time. Had the cops been called to a store where the clerk reported a man with a gun, what typically happens is NOT what you see in this video.

Here's the video: Andrew Torba ✝️ on Gab: '' - Gab Social
    Here is how we handle it here in Australia.

'He's choking me': Police officer grabs woman's neck - YouTube

Police in Melbourne display ‘disturbing and over the top’ enforcing of ‘dumb law’ - YouTube

I think your cop was quite reasonable with that belligerent suspect. If he complied he maybe would not have had his weapon confiscated.

The latest updates from Russia are that after the New Year's holiday (the Soviets succeeded beyond their wildest dreams at that one, turning a Christian holiday time period into one more valued for turning the pages of the calendar in a little over a generation, and the tax serfs here do it with WILD excitement), the PSA about muzzling up on the commuter train "or else" has added that YOU, tame little tax serf, are protecting yourself against "the flu and upper respiratory infections" in addition to CoVid.

And then today, I saw a PSA showing people sneezing and saying that the FLU cares not about your
    social status,
    Karate belt level,
    number of awards earned,
    number of followers,
    sex,
    nor age- it's coming for you, unless you get vaccinated, "free" of charge, of course (from the 27% the benevolent gov't takes from your paycheck monthly (5% for medicaid and 22% for Social Security)).

Wonder if a similar expansion is awaiting the Western Europeans and us Americans, that we are ALLOWED to interact socially only if we appropriately protect ourselves from the flu. Holy hell!

Now outside the metropolis, in the regions (well, this ONE region) most shop owners have relaxed back into complacency regarding muzzle enforcement. Yet in our great country, as evidenced by that cop shit video just shared, complacency from citizen store owners and government enforcers never comes about.

I think an unintended consequence of our great love for rule of law is that it enables, with the wrong leaders elected, authoritarianism to flourish unchecked. While, here in the former USSR, in addition to the many docile tax serfs (actual hereditary descendents of serfs, BTW), there are equally many cynical citizens who never trusted the gov't then (the common truism was that everyone spoke their mind in the safety of their kitchens), and so in their "freer" post-Communist Russia they feel no guilt about ignoring or weaseling around the laws that they know are absurd.

Now, you tell me who has more freedom! The Cynical Citizens who have at least protected borders and a strengthened culture, or...?

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post

Bingo!

For all the bitching about the Bad Actors' influence there is very little self reflection on the moral failings that give them so much to influence in the first place.

Idiocracy, hedonism and cowardice are the real reason they'll win...if they do.
    The civilizational collapse part is obvious. I think we just differ in our perspective about how the disintegration of our moral codes, which enabled the collapse to happen, came about in the first place.

The conservative right (not saying you belong in that category) says its all down to the expansion of the welfare state, which acts as a disincentive to people taking personal responsibility. While this may be accurate, is this the entire reason the West has rejected its traditions and replaced it with this idiocracy of materialism and bodily gratification?

First, I don't even see the real power, money power, as "bad actors" per se. They are just fulfilling their role by facilitating growth which is how capitalism functions. The system requires growth at the cost of everything else. If something can't be measured in terms of its economic productivity, and if it slows down efficiency, it is removed. There is nothing personal about it. The neoliberal system itself is harmful to our people and needs to be changed, and to do that our liberal foundational values require a re-examination.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    But I'm not Matt. Nobody turned us into this consumerist shit, people did that to themselves.
    We are all primarily social creatures who desire group acceptance, and because of that, we are malleable.

Feminism, for example, sought down to break down the Western traditional female role. It convinced women, by abandoning family life and motherhood and instead to increase their social status through careerism, like men, they were achieving equality and breaking free of an evil, white patriarchal system of dehumanisation and control. It set-up a victim/oppressor narrative and slowly encouraged women to participate in it, or else they were complicit in the oppression of their fellow sisters. It played directly to our desire for acceptance by the group. Women didn't suddenly rationally decide to do a 180 and these traditions aren't just irrelevant cultural left-overs from our primitive past, they're a suite of group evolutionary strategies and adaptations.

What did feminism achieve for Big Business? It created a whole new workforce of cheap and informal labour. It opened up an untapped market of new consumers comprising half the total population, whose identity was no longer limited by the constraints of their traditional role. Fast forward to our Western egalitarian dildo societies, and the decreasing birth rates and aging populations are used to justify mass immigration in order to import even cheaper labour still. All in the name of growth. Do you think the West's socially conservative capitalists are troubled by this subversion of our traditions and norms, and the creep of "Neo-Marxist" ideology? The rub their hands together with glee.

This brief look at how Edward Bernays (nephew of Sigmund Freud, and father of public relations) shows just how malleable we are. Working on behalf of tobacco companies, he was able to use the growing suffragette movement and first-wave feminism to successfully break the taboo of females smoking in public (unthinkable at the time), and not only cynically convinced them it was their own choice, but also by consuming cigarettes they were making a defiant political statement. Did women really rationally choose this?

They didn't rationally "choose" to believe this victim/oppressor narrative. It is the predictable end result of a sustained ideological attack on Western traditions and our moral code. It hasn't just come in via the backdoor from maladjusted psychopaths working in leftist academia, either - it been fully supported by Big Business from day one. They are incestuously linked.

Watch this 5 min part about feminism and cigarette sales from the documentary "Century of The Self" by Adam Curtis. I highly recommend the whole series - and it isn't just some leftoid propaganda like the BBC usually puts out.

Going forward, yes, you can think of yourself and behave as an individual all you want - but the individualistic conservative will be simply be outcompeted by those who are willing to collectivize. Especially now they've firmly established the rule of law to be flexible within the bigger picture of the pursuit of equality.

The conservative right mutters these things to ourselves in our little echo-chambers, and endlessly describes the hypocrisy of our enemies. Despite all of our sensible arguments about how things should be, we are the only ones in this fight who think and behave in this way, as individuals first and foremost, while the other side is busy collectivizing, manipulating, cheating, creating dominant narratives, TAKING power and winning.

You're never gonna meet a conservative who disagrees with Harriet Tubman being on the $20 bill. Conservatives will tell you "racists aren't welcome here". They have a million examples of the left's hypocrisy. None of this matters anymore. Like Jenni, they'll advocate for individual responsibility and bootstrapism as the antidote to a totalitarian system run by bankers and institutions which views us not as human beings, but economic units whose sole purpose it is to drive growth. This strategy doesn't allow the right to gain any power, and it doesn't offer people an alternative vision. Meanwhile, the 1% get richer and the political voice of the right is killed off forever by way of demographic replacement.

We had better agree on identifying who really controls our political system (hint: see Big Tech's treatment of Trump), and make a plan that doesn't just involve more individualism, and more hope, and blaming the Chicoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    I did my part. I threw my stimulus check into $GME stock and plan on holding or increasing my long position until it looks like the short sellers have taken maximum losses.

There are potentially millions of us who are not primarily motivated by money in this case.
    This is a once in a lifetime financial event that I believe should get more and more outlandish at least through options expiration on Friday.
    There will likely be other plays after this, but this is the big one.
    $SLV. Is this even possible?!

https://twitter.com/SeloSlav/status/1354571455137079300

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    No.
    The hedge funds are currently down about $5 billion+ on $GME, so they are putting out a ton of misinformation to try to slow the inflows into $GME.
    Don't believe their misinformation. They lose the most money if everyone stays focused on GameStonk.
    If it goes right, this one could break the system and force change.

We only get the good boy tendies if we stay focused, grasping with diamond hands.

Huge step in targeting political dissidents:
    Florida Man Arrested Over 2016 Election Memes Designed To "Trick" Hillary Voters | ZeroHedge

He may be the first American ever to be arrested for "spreading disinformation"

This woman who did the same thing for the Biden regime's party is not facing any punishment:https://media.patriots.win/post/NtT9GIJ9.png

And look what these fucking Democrats did to this guy: https://twitter.com/i/status/1354625234935164929

Hard to watch this.

starting strength coach development program
    And now for a history lesson.
    Why we will never win the war on Aids
    Bryan Ellison Lecture 1995 Unabridged - YouTube