starting strength gym
Page 1066 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 66566966101610561064106510661067106810761116116615662066 ... LastLast
Results 10,651 to 10,660 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

Default Third party rationale question

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I heard a Democrat call in to Rush’’s show and he had an interesting idea

His point was human nature is a bell curve with the left on one end and the right on the other and he felt a third party under Trump could capture what I’ll refer to as the “big middle”.

His reasoning was that many dems hate the Republicans will therefore never vote Republican. He said same thing that many Republicans hate the Dems and will never vote Democrat.

I know he’s right so far.

He said that residual hatred would not exist with a new party that is fed up with both the “big two” parties. So a party like a Maga party or Patriot party is a possibility at this point in time.

I’m interested in what you all think about this idea

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Do you consider the "national guard" a military force? Are they permitted to fire upon their own citizens? I thought they were more for state level natural disasters and under state control and not to be deployed for political purposes especially federal.

Biden now having given an ex-military man the position of defense secretary (normally a civilian position) is this not breaking down civilian control over your military? Is this not setting a dangerous precedent? I mean your congress overlooked the 7 year lockout for retired defense folk to take up high level civilian positions.
    As an answer to your first question: Kent State shootings - Wikipedia

For your second question all I can say is 99% of politicians in the U.S. left their ethical standards behind them by the time they became good enough at their trade to make it to the federal level.

I'm not the most knowledgeable person on the stock market. Can someone explain why this Gamestop thing is a good thing? I've heard that Wall Street is corrupt, but how does this affect that?

I did my part. I threw my stimulus check into $GME stock and plan on holding or increasing my long position until it looks like the short sellers have taken maximum losses.
    I just now caught up to this GameStop foolishness, and it’s probably one of the stupidest things I’ve seen lately. Well, financially speaking, that is.

It seems to me the ones screeching the loudest about “Wall Street inequality” are the ones who have never set aside any portion of their income for savings, instead opting for the “I want it now” approach and racking up thousands of dollars in credit card debt, then blaming it on the greedy banks.

This is the fault of hedge fund managers how again? Personal responsibility is tough yo, guess that’s why so few are doing it...

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    What I get from the video is the cop arrived as a response. Why was he responding?
    And how did you get that from a video that shows nothing of the sort?

The only possible evidence that it is a response is if they only turn their cameras on when they are responding vs having them on all the time.

What actually happens, you know, in the actual video is the cop walks in, asks the guy about his mask, tells him he has to leave, the guy argues without any sign of aggression whatsoever, and the cop gets pissed and then decides to flex.

No evidence whatsoever that the cop was there for any other reason than to get a coffee or something.

You put that into the video.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    I think your cop was quite reasonable with that belligerent suspect. If he complied he maybe would not have had his weapon confiscated.
    He did comply at first. Cop told him he had to leave. He questioned the cop's own failure to comply with the mandate (obviously we can't see if he was right or not) and then left when the cop got belligerent over anyone daring to question him.

The entire incident was unjustified on the part of that pig.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    The conservative right (not saying you belong in that category) says its all down to the expansion of the welfare state, which acts as a disincentive to people taking personal responsibility. While this may be accurate, is this the entire reason the West has rejected its traditions and replaced it with this idiocracy of materialism and bodily gratification?
    Of course it's not just the welfare state. That encourages degeneracy because it dulls the consequences of bad choices, but prosperity does that as well. Most people are enjoying the fruits of others' labor and luck to a degree that it gives them a distorted view of how things actually work. The feedback loop is so large that it seems like there are no consequences, when in reality they just take longer to settle in.

But overall it is simply that character is like strength: it requires work to obtain and decays when that work is neglected. Charater isn't particularly valued right now. Sure, people will argue otherwise, but they are like fat people bitching about being fat while stuffing their faces. They want to magically less fat, but they have no interest in working for it.

We can simply have so much without any need for charater right now and in many cases charater is frowned upon and punished, so why bother.

Which is not to overstae how bad people are, but how they are bad is very important. And I think apathy is at the top of the list. So we might be fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    First, I don't even see the real power, money power, as "bad actors" per se. They are just fulfilling their role by facilitating growth which is how capitalism functions. The system requires growth at the cost of everything else. If something can't be measured in terms of its economic productivity, and if it slows down efficiency, it is removed. There is nothing personal about it. The neoliberal system itself is harmful to our people and needs to be changed, and to do that our liberal foundational values require a re-examination.
    Nah. A lot of them are just evil fucks flexing their muscles. Look at all the revenue lost for supporting nonsense causes and yet they do it. Look at how rated G movies repeatedly outgross garbage and yet they make garbage anyway. They don't care about the losses, at least for quite a while, because once you get past a certain level of wealth, it stops being about the money. Even the money wind up being a proxy for something else. For the multinationals it's power; power to make the world how they wish.

Not sure if I saw it in this thread or elsewhere, but someone recently pointed out that democracy is a bus you use to get what you want and then you get off. And then I'd add that you burn the bus. The same is true with these bad actors. They love free markets and free speech when it suits them. There are other rules for their competition and enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Huge step in targeting political dissidents:
    Florida Man Arrested Over 2016 Election Memes Designed To "Trick" Hillary Voters | ZeroHedge

He may be the first American ever to be arrested for "spreading disinformation"

This woman who did the same thing for the Biden regime's party is not facing any punishment:https://media.patriots.win/post/NtT9GIJ9.png
    Insanity.

I must have had a few dozen friends posting memes reminding their political opponants to vote the day after election day.

I honestly see nothing wrong with keeping people stupid enough to take it seriously away from the polls, but regardless, this is insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And look what these fucking Democrats did to this guy: https://twitter.com/i/status/1354625234935164929

Hard to watch this.
    But thankfully the mean tweets from trump have stopped!

This country needs a divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by bobman View Post

His point was human nature is a bell curve with the left on one end and the right on the other and he felt a third party under Trump could capture what I’ll refer to as the “big middle”.

His reasoning was that many dems hate the Republicans will therefore never vote Republican. He said same thing that many Republicans hate the Dems and will never vote Democrat.

He said that residual hatred would not exist with a new party that is fed up with both the “big two” parties. So a party like a Maga party or Patriot party is a possibility at this point in time.

Only matters in a country where elections are fair.

You know any?

I'm not the most knowledgeable person on the stock market. Can someone explain why this Gamestop thing is a good thing?
    It’s not a good thing. Stay far, far away. The biggest losers will be the individual investors who thought they were somehow engaging in some righteous “David v. Goliath” battle. Then guess who they’ll blame for their losses?

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/game...ght-2021-01-28

Quote Originally Posted by bobman View Post

Unfortunately, not so good. A natural distribution (bell curve) always has a middle section, 68% of a population are “normal” by mathematics, not by philosophy.

He is right that you need the middle, not the extremes, but you only need a little bit more in the middle “to win” or “get change”. Politicians know this very, very well. That’s why they all sound like assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Medina View Post
    I'm not the most knowledgeable person on the stock market. Can someone explain why this Gamestop thing is a good thing? I've heard that Wall Street is corrupt, but how does this affect that?
    A bunch of hyper-wealthy hedge funds decided to short sell gamestop stock predicting it was about to take a dive. I'm guessing you don't know what short selling is, neither did I until I looked it up. Basically it involved "borrowing" shares of stock that you believe are going to take a dive in value, and immediately selling them. Now you "owe" those shares and the debt comes due at a later time. If the stock value drops in that period, you can buy off the shares you owe at a much lower price than you sold the ones you borrowed, making a profit that is directly dependent on how badly a business is failing. In this instance, these hedge funds actually borrowed so much somehow that it was more shares than the company had actually put out. This stood to make them ridiculous amounts of money just off gamestop dying off.

However, in this case, some amateur investors who communiate on the internet got wind of this. They know hedge funds are insane market manipulators, and in fact them advertising how much they were shorting gamestop was probably a tactic to get holders to clear out and drop the stock price. But these people on the internet got together and decided to buy a bunch of shares instead, and then more people on the internet got wind of it, and they bought shares too. The idea is that if they buy and hold the shares until the return on the borrowed stocks comes due, the hedge funds will instead have to buy all those shares (again, more than the company has even put out) at the new, massively inflated price, instead of the much lower one they anticipated. This has been snowballing, as more and more people have heard about it and want to get revenge on sneaky wall street types. So now these hedge funds are looking at going bankrupt once their shares come due. For some insane reason, as the internet influence has snowballed, so too have the hedge funds been doubling down on their positions, setting themselves up for ever greater ruin.

They are already pulling every dirty trick in the book and exerting their influence wherever they can to try and drive that stock price back down. For example, they've convinced the online brokerages that most of these people are using to buy new shares to shut down all purchasing of gamestop stock arbitrarily. They have also sent forth an army of talking head stocksters to try and spin this as a terribly wrong and evil thing. In the process, they are exposing the entire swindle of the stock market in that it is a game that certain players get to rig for their never-ending benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    And how did you get that from a video that shows nothing of the sort?

The only possible evidence that it is a response is if they only turn their cameras on when they are responding vs having them on all the time.

What actually happens, you know, in the actual video is the cop walks in, asks the guy about his mask, tells him he has to leave, the guy argues without any sign of aggression whatsoever, and the cop gets pissed and then decides to flex.

No evidence whatsoever that the cop was there for any other reason than to get a coffee or something.

You put that into the video.
    While you are usually right, in as much as we are almost always on the same side, this time you might be wrong. It looks, to me, like he shows up for a response.

We don’t know who or why he was responding, but he almost certainly was there responding. That’s how I interpret the video. I’m easily wrong.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Medina View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wiigelec View Post
    I just now caught up to this GameStop foolishness, and it’s probably one of the stupidest things I’ve seen lately. Well, financially speaking, that is.
    It seems to me the ones screeching the loudest about “Wall Street inequality” are the ones who have never set aside any portion of their income for savings, instead opting for the “I want it now” approach and racking up thousands of dollars in credit card debt, then blaming it on the greedy banks.
    This is the fault of hedge fund managers how again? Personal responsibility is tough yo, guess that’s why so few are doing it...
    Quote Originally Posted by wiigelec View Post
    It’s not a good thing. Stay far, far away. The biggest losers will be the individual investors who thought they were somehow engaging in some righteous “David v. Goliath” battle. Then guess who they’ll blame for their losses?
    https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/game...ght-2021-01-28
    Are you really this far out of touch with reality?

You do understand it is considered irresponsible to short a stock that has greater than 20% short float, right? (currently 140%)
    You do understand the hedge fund managers accepted the rules of the contract, right? (They are required to repay their debts)
    You do understand there are many retail investors that have literally lost their houses getting caught in a short position, just like the hedge fund managers are now, right? (Why would individuals have to pay their debts, but not hedge funds or politicians?)

You obviously do not understand what naked short selling is or how it has been used to manipulate stock prices. (This has illegally fucked many individuals out of a ton of money, while pouring billions into hedge funds)
    You obviously do not understand price spoofing or any of the other common manipulation methods. (If this price is manipulated, it is illegitimate, just like the election. But, they will tell you to believe it is the cleanest system in the world.)
    You obviously either have a financial interest at stake or the naive mind of a toddler.

You have millions upon millions of young people who know they will never be able to attain the living standards of their grandparents or parents, no matter how hard they work or how smart they are.
    They have watched as the immigration system has fucked them over.
    They have watched as the higher education system has fucked them over.
    They are watching the financial system try to fuck them over.
    They are constantly told to choke down SJW propaganda.
    They are told to accept fraudulent elections.
    They are told "we are in this together" as they have their jobs and business seized.
    They are told they are not allowed to live years of their lives, because "lockdowns" could possibly extend a 90 year old's life by a year or two.
    They have watched as the political system has repeatedly fucked them over.

Then, to top it all off, you assholes living in an ivory tower fantasy land with your comfortable "essential" jobs, government paychecks and welfare entitlement programs (Social Security, Medicare etc.)tell them to take their $600 stimulus check, submit and eat dick.

Finally, they find a way to make some money playing within the rules of the system, only to have the central bankers and politicians tell them they are not actually allowed to win.

This is a severe blow to a corrupt and illegitimate system.

This is the best thing that could happen right now and it is beautiful to watch.