starting strength gym
Page 1071 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 71571971102110611069107010711072107310811121117115712071 ... LastLast
Results 10,701 to 10,710 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    they've convinced the online brokerages that most of these people are using to buy new shares to shut down all purchasing of gamestop stock arbitrarily.
    Private social media company cancels important bloke from its platform; they can do it, it's a private company, the bloke can tweet elsewhere.
    Private internet service company removes social media company from their servers, effectively taking them offline; they can do it, it's a private company, the social media company should go and build its own internet infrastructure if it wants to stay in business.
    Private company offering brokerage services decides to stop taking orders for GME; they can do it, it's a private company, if you want to trade GME use another broker.

You want deregulated free-markets, you can't complain* when the powerful entities they inevitably produce act arbitrarily.

IPB

not talking about you CommanderFun in particular, I am using your message as starting point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Could it be the Great Reset?
    Why are all you people so hung up on this reset bullshit? Do you really think the powers that be would actually tell you how they plan to fuck you over?

In addition to the helpful posts here by Yngvi, CommandFun and others...these two comments helped me understand the game you guys are playing:

They have no bullets

Exciting times: the Great Reset

Let's assume you succeed in bringing it all down. Who gets to roll out the "new system"? Are they good guys or bad guys? Might it involve carbon credits, social justice credits, etc?

Was this short squeeze truly an "organically" created scheme by regular dudes? Or were bigger players involved in convincing regular people to play this (their?) game...so that the crash could be blamed on the people?

Just asking questions. For sure, the one positive thing they've accomplished is showing the normies that our market is a fuckery fest.

So, to review, we've had a 4 year deep dive into Civics, and learned that our country no longer has rule of law....and thus, a constitutional crisis. Now, we are getting a crash course in how our markets are corrupt as well.

Meanwhile, our capital has become a fortress with no indication that will change. I think even the biggest Matrix dwellers should now see..."they" are fixin' to do something that is going to piss people off. Could it be the Great Reset? Are you sure you want that given who appears to be in control of our country now?

btw, did you know that Kelly Loeffler's husband, Jeffrey Sprecher, owns the NYSE? Again, it's a BIG club.
    You can't be so paranoid that you assume every movement to stand up to the big guys is actually an op being run by the big guys. They are scared by this. And it's looking like it's going to work, Gamestop is up past 300 again today despite the dirty tricks they pulled yesterday. I've seen projections that for every increment of 20 dollars past 12 that the stock is valued at when these contracts come due, that is another billion dollars owed by hedge funds in stock buys they will have to make. When I last looked at the number today and calculated based on that, that's about 16 billion dollars. If everyone with GME shares actually holds in the face of the contracts coming due today, that means those short sellers will be required to actually buy that much worth of new fucking shares that they won't be able to own, which will likely cause the price to skyrocket even further. This is not going to "destroy the system". It IS going to wreck a lot of rich assholes and allow an army of small investors to potentially make a profit on it.

"The Great Reset" initiative doesn't mean blowing everything up and starting over. It's an initiative spearheaded by people who already have power to restructure society in a top-down manner that preserves and solidifies the power they already have. Breaking everything first would mean potentially losing their power. The Gamestop thing is not something they like. Hedge funds are how these people rig the stock market to keep generating money for themselves without risk. This effort has suddenly introduced a gigantic new risk.

It's about time the Soviet Union was resurrected. Where exactly is this?

The narrator is a biased and a little wordy, but there's details regarding the Officer who arrested the mask violator in Waco:

OFFICER FABIAN KLECKA TYRANT WACO POLICE - THREATENS TO DROP A MAN FOR NO MASK - Part 1

OFFICER FABIAN KLECKA TYRANT WACO POLICE - THREATENS TO DROP A MAN FOR NO MASK - Part 2

Part 2 shows the incident from another camera (bodycam).
    Is that photo what the guy actually looks like? He's a dead ringer for Farva from Super Troopers.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    George if you want to see arrogance about mask wearing you should watch the video I posted, that action by the Melbourne cop was unwarranted, I still think your cop was fair and reasonable considering the suspect was carrying a weapon. I would not call him a pig. First responders often put themselves in dangerous situations for others all the time, such as Ambos, Police, Fire, Rescue with little or no thanks from the general public. That cop had his camera operating before he went into the store so he must have been warned there a gun carrying suspect in the shop. Anyway I still support the cop.
    I saw those from another source. Those Aussie cops were jackboot level. The US one was still a fucking pig though.

That pig created an unnecessary confrontation with an armed person. I feel no pity for a douchnozel enforcing BS city mandate who has to deal with legitimate open carry laws.

The thankless job part is utter BS. They literally have flags and bumper stickers for their fan club. They often deal with assholes, but they are often assholes themselves. I'd guess it's about equal asshole to asshole contact ratio going on. My dad was a corrections officer and we spent a lot of time around law enforcement. I've had a few dozen interactions myself. Nothing serious, and I am always "Yes, sir. No, sir.", but still about 25% were dicks. That's not to mention all the ones who completely disregard the laws they'll shoot you over.

He did already had the camera on, but I have no idea whether it is always on or whether it is only put on when answering calls and making stops.

I'd have to know the policy of that PD to agree he turned it on because he had a call to be there.

And it is terribly odd to not mention the complaint at all in the interaction if he was called there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Might as well have said 440 million Americans are dead.
    I seriously wonder what average American's ability to process this crap is.?

Most people have too much on their plate or no interest to even follow it. And then you have general amnesia and apathy. And then you have just plain too dumb to process it.

Saw a guy raking his lawn with a mask yesterday. I think I am going to start telling these people that Fussy says they should wear two.

The level of dumb among people is just overwhelming.

America would literally invade America over lesser things that these Covid and election scams. Hell, we even have oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    You are the only one who claims to know what happened. Everyone else here is clearly speculating.

So you tell us what happened factually. Also tell us what we don’t know about camera policies.
    What the hell are you blathering about?

Where am I speculating and calling it fact?

I said that I do not know the policy on body cams because that would be the only piece of evidence in the actual video that would tell you that he was probably called vs just stopping there incidentally. That's the null hypothesis.

Giving a null hypothesis is literally the opposite of the BS you just typed.

As to the rest of what I said: I literally described the happenings in the video. None of which you have contradicted...because you can't because it's on the fucking video.

I get it. it must be a rough month or so finding out that your discernment skills suck because your Q Secret Decoder ring is broke and your alien fucker dude is an obvious fraud, but grow the fuck up and stop projecting already and maybe you might learn how to evaluate something rationally rather than blathering a bunch of nonsense to try and cover your pride.

Quote Originally Posted by wiigelec View Post
    It’s also quite hypocritical (there’s that word again) to make a stand against perceived market manipulation by committing mass market manipulation, not to mention unethical and more than likely illegal.
    Nonsense.

I hate violence, but me putting someone in the hospital or morgue because they threaten my life doesn't suddenly mean I am some violence loving hypocrite.

It is idiotic to play by the agreed to rules when your opponent refuses to.

It is. to use violence as an example again, the same as being a pacifist when dealing with violent men: It's completely immoral and enabling.

And legality is irrelevant when the laws are unjust. It is a duty to break them as often and as much as possible.

I'm sure the hedge fund short selling vultures will appreciate the tears your shed over their graves.
    One of my best friends when I lived in CO worked in some Hedge Fund group. Found out they were cheating. Turned them in.

Because he was so honest he had job offers up the wazoo from other companies that never cheat.

Just kidding. He can't get a job in that field anymore.

Rather telling.

Probably just because he's a one of those lazy idiots Wiig knows so well though. Might just call him today and let him know he should smart up and try harder.

He is human filth. A caloused, evil prick soaking up the limelight and cashing is on his Phizer shares.

What kind of evil fuck states that we should do what he says after pointing out it makes no difference what you do.

And obviously we can shut shit down because we did. Unfortunately his job wasn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    Michael Yeadon https://twitter.com/MichaelYeadon3/s...269396996?s=19

Council of Europe resolution has been voted that prohibits states from making vaccination against the coronavirus mandatory or that it can be used to discriminate against workers or anyone who doesn't get vaccinated. Frightening that a resolution needed.
    -----------------------
    Some important points I noticed doing a quick skim

https://pace.coe.int/en/files/29004/html
    Kind of amazed really. Who makes up the "states" in this case? EU members?

So, to review[/b], we've had a 4 year deep dive into Civics, and learned that our country no longer has rule of law....and thus, a constitutional crisis. Now, we are getting a crash course in how our markets are corrupt as well.

Meanwhile, our capital has become a fortress with no indication that will change. I think even the biggest Matrix dwellers should now see..."they" are fixin' to do something that is going to piss people off. Could it be the Great Reset? Are you sure you want that given who appears to be in control of our country now?
    Brings to mind the line from 'Ride with the Devil' along the lines of "You tried to teach him mercy, but he didn't learn the lesson." right before they hunt down a traitor and do what they probably should have done long before.

Sure sign that we're totally overreacting to alleged vaccine fatalities, right?

I hope the people's stock drops like a Reddit short sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Rich View Post
    Graham (who has close to 3 million subscribers) explains this as good as anybody:

The GameStop Infinite Money Glitch Explained - YouTube
    Thank you. The turkey analogy was really helpful and funny

Don't put any money into it unless you're willing to lose it. It's basically a spite investment. But it amuses the hell out of me and I can't wait to see these assholes in debt billions of dollars.
    Nah, I won't invest.

starting strength coach development program
    that is another billion dollars owed by hedge funds in stock buys they will have to make. When I last looked at the number today and calculated based on that, that's about 16 billion dollars.
    You do realize that a fair percentage of those billions of dollars actually belong to other small investors, in many round about ways (pensions, mortgages, individual retirement funds), and that you will in turn actually be fucking the very people you claim to be championing?