starting strength gym
Page 1072 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 72572972102210621070107110721073107410821122117215722072 ... LastLast
Results 10,711 to 10,720 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    The People started to win so they changed the rules again.

If they can stop stock trading because they don't like the results, they probably can stop vote counting because they don't like the results.

I know you guys don't like it, but violence is the only answer. Asking nicely didn't work with King George either. He didn't let you vote either.

There are no rules. Laws are ignored. Constitution means nothing. There is no valid government. Making a third party means nothing when your vote means nothing. It will never be allowed to do anything.

They let people die by lying to them about an effective drug to hurt a guy who did the wrong thing: trying to help you, the little guy. And big tech helped them spread the lie. They killed people.
    Is there a list of political revolutions that happened nonviolently?

I've heard of the Velvet Revolution, but it is a serious thing worth looking at for folks who like to weigh serious options.

Not that any of us will do anything other than what our benevolent officials tell us, but it might be a worthy study as an intellectual exercise.

I love all the "Well if you're doing nothing wrong, morons."

These same fucks want their neighbors to be strangers and the state to have a fucking tracking device up their asses. They are the reason that the obsession with "optic" is just a waste of time. These retarded monkeys will always see any free man or woman as a criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Why are all you people so hung up on this reset bullshit? Do you really think the powers that be would actually tell you how they plan to fuck you over?
    Do you somehow live outside of history?

They have in the past. They always do. It's like they cannot help it.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    "The Great Reset" initiative doesn't mean blowing everything up and starting over. It's an initiative spearheaded by people who already have power to restructure society in a top-down manner that preserves and solidifies the power they already have. Breaking everything first would mean potentially losing their power. The Gamestop thing is not something they like. Hedge funds are how these people rig the stock market to keep generating money for themselves without risk. This effort has suddenly introduced a gigantic new risk.
    Yes. They need the systems and corporations on their side for things to work.

While their pseudo-egalitarianism and social tactics are textbook Leftist stuff their economic tactics are fascist. Instead of a popular uprising taking industry over and handing it to the government, the government is in bed with industry by wooing them with laws (and pandemics) that kill their competition. So we get this Twilight Zone situation where I can be an oppressed black lesbian woman with a dick in a world where every major corporation funds my pet advocacy groups and where you can't even make it through a single commercial without seeing mixed race and gay couples presented as the norm...clearly showing how incredibly oppressed these groups are. All while shows like 'Cops' get cancelled and questioning the elections of Kung-flu gets you kicked of the sites of unbiased publishers.

And you're just a paranoid, homophobic raciss who wants grandma to die if you notice.

It's all rather genius and demented at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by wiigelec View Post
    You do realize that a fair percentage of those billions of dollars actually belong to other small investors, in many round about ways (pensions, mortgages, individual retirement funds), and that you will in turn actually be fucking the very people you claim to be championing?
    Yes. For the sake of the children! Please make it stop!

Maybe we can just divert the bailout money these whores and pimps exchanged during the last Covid bailout bill to the little guys who wind up suffering collateral damage from this.

Or maybe they just need to learn to be smarter, work harder, and invest better, huh?

I mean what kind of lazy fuck bitches about being gamed, right?

You do realize that a fair percentage of those billions of dollars actually belong to other small investors, in many round about ways (pensions, mortgages, individual retirement funds), and that you will in turn actually be fucking the very people you claim to be championing?
    Small investors don't use hedge funds. They are not tall enough to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    The civilizational collapse ... Like Jenni, they'll advocate for individual responsibility and bootstrapism as the antidote to a totalitarian system run by bankers and institutions which views us not as human beings,
    That's a lot of words for "but dammit, it's hard!".
    Also, you misunderstand if you think I'm advocating "bootstrapism". I'm advocating that we freedom loving individuals look past the small differences in our worldviews long enough to unite on terms we can agree on and create parallel systems to the government and various corporations. People do chose to believe the victim/oppressor narrative. Just as some of us chose to set it aside. You do realize that if your assertions were correct the question becomes how do you explain people like me? Like Rip? Like so many others on this site? How did we escape those supposedly inescapable social messages and pressures?

Quote Originally Posted by bobman View Post
    His point was human nature is a bell curve with the left on one end and the right on the other and he felt a third party under Trump could capture what I’ll refer to as the “big middle”.
    I tend to agree. I think this is why you had so many who were vacillating between Bernie and Trump (which is true no matter how much it pisses people on the left off.)

It’s also quite hypocritical (there’s that word again) to make a stand against perceived market manipulation by committing mass market manipulation, not to mention unethical and more than likely illegal.
    Wait, so you feel that the vulture hedge funds who sell stocks they don't really own for purposes of making money off of destruction and driving struggling businesses towards their end is fine but a bunch of gamers who've done business with Gamestop for years rallying to try and sabotage that effort and keep the place running is "manipulation" and should be illegal? That snake oil is only gonna work with people who don't understand what short selling and hedge funds are about. I'm sure Elizabeth Warren appreciates your support of her vast new regulations she'll be out with shortly, though. It's all manipulated they're just mad it's being manipulated in a way that they don't make money off this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Spicka View Post
    You sir, deserve a 6 pack of beer for this post. Well done.
    Seconded. And he should get this week's T-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    I saw those from another source. Those Aussie cops were jackboot level. The US one was still a fucking pig though.

That pig created an unnecessary confrontation with an armed person. I feel no pity for a douchnozel enforcing BS city mandate who has to deal with legitimate open carry laws.

The thankless job part is utter BS. They literally have flags and bumper stickers for their fan club. They often deal with assholes, but they are often assholes themselves. I'd guess it's about equal asshole to asshole contact ratio going on. My dad was a corrections officer and we spent a lot of time around law enforcement. I've had a few dozen interactions myself. Nothing serious, and I am always "Yes, sir. No, sir.", but still about 25% were dicks. That's not to mention all the ones who completely disregard the laws they'll shoot you over.

He did already had the camera on, but I have no idea whether it is always on or whether it is only put on when answering calls and making stops.

I'd have to know the policy of that PD to agree he turned it on because he had a call to be there.

And it is terribly odd to not mention the complaint at all in the interaction if he was called there.
    Yes George some are assholes, there are assholes in all types of work, I have worked with a few, but there are good ones among them, but you still need them. In Australia there is a high turnover of Police personnel due to the stress. You go to a few car crashes and see broken bodies of people splattered around or go to a few domestics where children have been killed it gets to you eventually and it hardens you up, so you need to give your coppers a bit of a break. Your father as a correctional officer would have seen the worst that humans turn into so you should give him a break also.

Governor Cuomo blames God for COVID deaths.

If you are an Atheist, he is a coward. To everyone else he is a coward. Any other way to see this?

...driving struggling businesses towards their end...
    The only thing that’s driving GameStop towards it’s end is the free market—streaming, as it were. Remember Blockbuster Video? But I suppose it was evil hedge fund managers who put them out of business too, right?

This is nothing more than a classic pump-and-dump with the buying hysteria driven by a bunch of redditers duped into thinking they are fighting some kind of electronic revolution against the Wall Street demons.

It would be interesting to find out who actually started the frenzy (I posted a potential clue earlier, for anyone paying attention) and is poised to make, or has already made, a fancy profit off the top, but like the election crooks, they’ve probably plied their craft to the point of avoiding detection and evading detention (nice alliteration eh?).

Serious question:

How many people here who actually invest—and by that I mean dollar cost averaging, buy and hold, asset allocation; or if you’re into individual stocks, pouring over balance sheets, income and cash flow statements—how many actual investors think the system is totally corrupt and stacked completely against the individual?

Personally, I don’t. Yes there are shenanigans, cheaters who don’t get caught, manipulators who bend the rules to their advantage. But by and large the system is accessible and generally beneficial to anyone who takes a bit of time to educate themselves and build a disciplined approach to long-term savings.

Serious question:

How many people here who actually invest—and by that I mean dollar cost averaging, buy and hold, asset allocation; or if you’re into individual stocks, pouring over balance sheets, income and cash flow statements—how many actual investors think the system is totally corrupt and stacked completely against the individual?

Personally, I don’t. Yes there are shenanigans, cheaters who don’t get caught, manipulators who bend the rules to their advantage. But by and large the system is accessible and generally beneficial to anyone who takes a bit of time to educate themselves and build a disciplined approach to long-term savings.
    Mostly buy and hold here. And agreed.

Further, the WSB’ers are simply an invisible-hand type self-correction to the market. Let it ride. Hedgers will pause a bit more now. It’s good.

Sorry, Elon, you made the mistake that the US isn't corrupt garbage

https://i.imgur.com/DAtvrmom.jpg

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post

Wait, so you feel that the vulture hedge funds who sell stocks they don't really own for purposes of making money off of destruction and driving struggling businesses towards their end is fine but a bunch of gamers who've done business with Gamestop for years rallying to try and sabotage that effort and keep the place running is "manipulation" and should be illegal? That snake oil is only gonna work with people who don't understand what short selling and hedge funds are about. I'm sure Elizabeth Warren appreciates your support of her vast new regulations she'll be out with shortly, though. It's all manipulated they're just mad it's being manipulated in a way that they don't make money off this time.
    ^This.

The hedge fund vultures were not only hoping GameStop would go out of business, but salivating at the idea of them doing so. 15,000 employees at GameStop were being bet on by the hedge funds. Sure, many of them are teenagers working after school, or college kids, but they are jobs nonetheless. These fuckers have reveled in the destruction of struggling businesses for years, and now they got beat at their own game.

I contributed to the cause to the tune of $1000. I got in a little late, so I'm basically even on the deal. I read Warren's tweet and her letter to the SEC today. She sounds like somebody concerned about the weapon David used to kill Goliath, and not the fact that Goliath was a fucking asshole who deserved it.

I will say that if there's one positive thing in the current administration it's this:

The money required to bail out some of these hedge funds will require approval from the Senate Budget Committee, of which, Bernie Sanders is chairman. He'll make them eat his ass before he gives them anything.