starting strength gym
Page 1079 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 79579979102910691077107810791080108110891129117915792079 ... LastLast
Results 10,781 to 10,790 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    You are barking up the wrong tree. I have never said anything even close to there being no good cops or all of them being assholes.

But you are 100% wrong about cops needing a break. They are given a vast amount of power and therefore deserve more scrutiny than most other fields. You're not gonna get shot by an asshole in too many other jobs...at least not in the name of doing their job.

Cop should be under massive scrutiny and receive harsh punishments when the abuse their power. The ones who cannot accept the terms are not fit for the job.
    Ok George.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    For those of you still living in New York, this should warm your hearts: Rochester Police pepper spray 9 year-old girl — She was already in handcuffs… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

Apparently, when the cops tell you to get back in your house, you must meekly respond. Apparently when the cops tell you to be quiet, if you don't obey they mace you. Even if you're nine.
    I've been informed by folks on this board that their thankless job requires we give them a break.

What level of insanity leads a single person, let alone two to think that that was the proper course of action. Could officer Limp Dick not have reached over and pulled her into the car enough for officer Dumb Cunt to shut the door?

It is difficult to understand how several adults could not manage to get the door shut on a 9-year-old kid without the use of chemical weapons. Perhaps it's possible that The Gestapo was a self-created function of The Gestapo itself, and not the Third Reich, since the tendency for JBT-activity seems to arise so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It is difficult to understand how several adults could not manage to get the door shut on a 9-year-old kid without the use of chemical weapons.
    It was a bad spray

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    I was a born anti-populist. From a young age I’ve always had schadenfreude for the downfall of populist movements or organizations. Anything that bucks the establishment, goes against the grain, disrupts the status quo or creates a certain amount of anarchy hits a sweet spot for me. Perhaps that’s why Starting Strength appealed to me? It does many of those things.

I have always been suspicious of populism. It is a form of absolute power that corrupts absolutely. We saw this with the Boy Scouts, the Catholic Church, the people involved in the #MeToo movement (though I do have some reservations on that), policing, Wall St., COVID-19, and many other modern day current affairs.
    Could you define what you mean by populism? Because none of the organizations you mentioned above seem to fit what I learned about populism.

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    I don’t get your point about Elon, I could be wrong, but he seems to be on our side of things in terms of calling out the bullshit.
    Musk seems to have developed some erratic tendencies that became apparent to me when he started calling one of the rescuers of the Thai kids trapped in a cave a pedophile in a fit of temper. A charge which had no support whatsoever. As it turns out, a little research on Musk shows several articles describing his tantrums.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Could you define what you mean by populism? Because none of the organizations you mentioned above seem to fit what I learned about populism.

Musk seems to have developed some erratic tendencies that became apparent to me when he started calling one of the rescuers of the Thai kids trapped in a cave a pedophile in a fit of temper. A charge which had no support whatsoever. As it turns out, a little research on Musk shows several articles describing his tantrums.
    Well he’s also shit on CNN, openly defied and criticized Gavin Newsom, told everyone to take the Red Pill, critized the government about covid protocols every step of the way and he moved the fuck out of California. Erratic or not, Is this guy not becoming a bit likeable after all of this?

It would take a true Purist not to like Musk just a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post

All the genius types are weird.

I didn’t like Musk all that much until Covid. Love the dude now.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    Well he’s also shit on CNN, openly defied and criticized Gavin Newsom, told everyone to take the Red Pill, critized the government about covid protocols every step of the way and he moved the fuck out of California. Erratic or not, Is this guy not becoming a bit likeable after all of this?
    I've got no issue with any of that, but take a bit and do a search on something like "Elon Musk erratic." You might be surprised at the results.