starting strength gym
Page 1082 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 82582982103210721080108110821083108410921132118215822082 ... LastLast
Results 10,811 to 10,820 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Le Comte View Post
    Im not from the U S, so dont know much about the nuances of the legal system there but the CDC order appears to be flawed. The quoted empowering regulations appear to be related to state to state travel or entry to the US. These appear to be legitimate federal actions (as I understand federal responsibility) that the order then oversteps by extending to all public transport. I wonder if anyone is going to challenge it, and enforcement power is vague.
    Mark,
    I hope you are being sarcastic and if so, my apologies for missing it. Being from the US but not an attorney, I can still confirm that no logical or legal legitimacies apply here anymore in regards to masks or this silly virus. And challenges or enforcement? HA! Thanks for trying but don't waste your time lest you lose your temper/sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I thought Israel was a little outpost of freedom in a desert full of fascists. We were taught this at one time.
    As often as not by those with dual citizenship and/or vested interests in us thinking so.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    Legally, it all depends on what the powers given to the CDC by the Federal Legislature are. The CDC certainly cannot just create mandates simply because they are Federal issues and relate to health. Numerous states and cities have found this out in court over the last year.
    Exactly, as I said "The quoted empowering regulations appear to be related to state to state travel or entry to the US". I don't see the legal mandate for the CDC to apply this order to all public transport. Interstate yes, intrastate no. It took me 5-10 minutes to look up, so I can only assume that a lawyer or staffer somewhere has taken this small amount of time too.

There could be some other empowering regulation (I'm not going to try to look for it), but it is not the ones the order quoted.

As I said, none of this directly affects me. I'm just fascinated watching how the politics are playing out.

Belarus Presidential Address on Coronavirus "Psychosis"
    He says it as it is!

Zelenko altercation with a pharmacist refusing to give him HCQ
    Telegram: Contact @DrZelenko

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    Let's recognize who was right about the big prediction - that 1 week/month of lockdown would turn into 1 year.

I’ll take a generous C-

I thought “science” quarantined sick people for 7 days and didn’t quarantine healthy people at all.

The schools closing, to me, was a red flag because snow days (and other things like forest fires) had always been on a day by day basis, especially without a criteria for resumption like the roads are clear, or the fire is out.

Hydroxychloroquine, articles, research, studies and treatments all in one spot
    Hydroxychloroquine stories - as it happens timeline - The Palmer Foundation

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    He says it as it is!
    Excellent. History will find Trump guilty of fear at exactly the wrong time, and his assessment of the threat will be regarded as deeply flawed.

The Weaponization of Health Care": and excellent euphemism for these developments. Dr Lee Merrit Interview on Vimeo

This is excellent, makes the point that spending money on a vaccine for a disease for which there is a 99.991% survival rate and for which there is already an inexpensive and very effective suite of treatments is incredibly stupid, and that since these people are not incredibly stupid, something else is going on that demands an explanation.

Amazon Founder Jeff Bezos to Step Down as CEO

Bezos is stepping down. Hmmmm

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

History will find Trump guilty of fear at exactly the wrong time, and his assessment of the threat will be regarded as deeply flawed.
    Agreed. Saw that coming almost a year ago.

In reality, Europe, especially Italy , were already in deep. It would have been close to impossible to “Belarus” it at that point.

Fortunately we are a United States. Unfortunately, a lot of states are hell bent on being shitty apparently.