starting strength gym
Page 1088 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 88588988103810781086108710881089109010981138118815882088 ... LastLast
Results 10,871 to 10,880 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

I watched the videos of Drs. Lee Merritt and Simone Gold, and am completely on board with their skepticism and cynicism regarding the new mRNA vaccines, the Gubmint and big Pharma.

However, to play devil's advocate, and for my own edification, has anyone found comments/discussion regarding these mRNA vaccines from Scott Atlas, Knut Wittkowski, Jay Bhattacharya, or John Ioannidis? I searched and found nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Bad choice of words, it was a buy back not a sell back, but no matter the outcome was the same. Better buy some some 200mm plastic storm water pipe and hire a trench digger.
    "Back" is the error, not the buy or sell.

Whatever you think it may be, it's got absolutely nothing to do with the inauguration of President Biden. NOTHING AT ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisatkeson View Post
    A Science Fiction Thought
    New strains of COVID seem to be popping up. The more infections, the more mutations, and therefore the faster the virus evolves. Assume that covid is here to stay, and say you miss the first couple rounds of infections and decline vaccination (I don't think that's smart). Anyway, after several rounds of covid, if you become infected, you are now fighting something that has evolved to still be highly infectious in people with partial immunity. Seems like that could be a lot more dangerous.

I'm personally not really worried about contracting v1 covid, though I would prefer not to get it, but seeing these strains pop up makes me want to get vaccinated. I don't want to deal with something that has had the time to evolve over millions of infections, and potentially multiple rounds of reinfections, without any immunity. You live like the bubble boy and it's possible it could come back to bite you.
    This is science fiction, you're right. Viruses become less virulent over time, not more, as more of the population is exposed to it and develops immunity through the exposure. This immunity is much more robust than that acquired through vaccination, and you are watching too much network news, whose narrative is that immunity comes only from vaccination. More importantly, why develop a multi-billion dollar vaccine for a disease that is effectively treated for less than $10? This shit is quite different from rabies and polio and smallpox.

You haven't read the stuff I've posted about this, so catch up. But in the meantime, take the vaccine. Absolutely. And don't read anything about it, just take in now. Today. Hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Whatever you think it may be, it's got absolutely nothing to do with the inauguration of President Biden. NOTHING AT ALL.
    Nope nothing at all. The funny thing is for some strange multi trillion dollar reason these numbers are not on the decline here in Israel. On the contrary they are finding that the new scaryants are starting to infect children for some unknown reason.
    I find it also so coincidental that we have new varients and even new vaccines for those varients.
    By the way, how many strains of a virus are there? pretty sure it could get up to the 10s of thousands. Isn't it normally that strains or mutations usually get weaker, but for some reason these strains get stronger. Hmmm I wonder why $$$$.
    The sick thing is, the fuckers have stolen our lives. We are already a fucking commodity for their fucking transactions. CUNTS!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisatkeson View Post
    A Science Fiction Thought
    New strains of COVID seem to be popping up. The more infections, the more mutations, and therefore the faster the virus evolves. Assume that covid is here to stay, and say you miss the first couple rounds of infections and decline vaccination (I don't think that's smart). Anyway, after several rounds of covid, if you become infected, you are now fighting something that has evolved to still be highly infectious in people with partial immunity. Seems like that could be a lot more dangerous.

I'm personally not really worried about contracting v1 covid, though I would prefer not to get it, but seeing these strains pop up makes me want to get vaccinated. I don't want to deal with something that has had the time to evolve over millions of infections, and potentially multiple rounds of reinfections, without any immunity. You live like the bubble boy and it's possible it could come back to bite you.
    Perhaps increased transmission is leading to greater symbiosis. As others have said, it wants to live, not die. So with time and transmission, it learns to preserve its hosts.

Hopefully not like in the movie Annihilation.

This is a good video. I don't drink Heineken anyway, never have, and you shouldn't either.

New Abnormal Advertising - YouTube

PLEASE PRAY FOR חיים יצחק בן חנה who is now in hospital in America with heart and vascular emergency 2 days after 2nd vaccine! 🙏

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    "Back" is the error, not the buy or sell.

This is science fiction, you're right. Viruses become less virulent over time, not more, as more of the population is exposed to it and develops immunity through the exposure. This immunity is much more robust than that acquired through vaccination, and you are watching too much network news, whose narrative is that immunity comes only from vaccination. More importantly, why develop a multi-billion dollar vaccine for a disease that is effectively treated for less than $10? This shit is quite different from rabies and polio and smallpox.

You haven't read the stuff I've posted about this, so catch up. But in the meantime, take the vaccine. Absolutely. And don't read anything about it, just take in now. Today. Hurry.
    I will take a look at your posts. I still have some time before I am eligible.

I didn't say immunity only comes from vaccination. My point was that whether you contract covid, or take the vaccination, you now have some immunity. And if neither happen to you, then there is a possibility that you get infected down the road with a version of covid that is benign to the 99% of people with immunity, but kills you. In other words you are dealing with a virus that has evolved on people with immunity when you have none. Natural selection will simply select for the most infectious virus for the general population, which you are now on the fringe of due to the fact that you have no immunity. All bets are off for you in that situation. I consider this to be science fiction because it would be pretty hard to imagine a situation where you allow yourself to fall that far behind.

You don't know anything about "natural selection," and you are afraid. Take the vaccine today. It may calm your fears.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    Again, no mention of lowering the cycle threshold on PCR tests. Anyone else think this is the primary reason cases are dropping?
    The following timeline starting last week for a 20-something acquaintance:

Wed/Thu: loses taste and smell
    Fri: PCR test - results negative, headaches start
    Fri: Employer says that with the symptoms, person must take another test in 3 days.
    Mon: PCR test - results negative
    Tue: returns to work, still no taste/smell.

In Illinois, the 7-day moving average for cases peaked on Nov 16, deaths on Dec 8 and positivity on Nov 13. Daily cases are currently around 25% of peak and deaths around 40%.

All three measurements have dropped 25% to 40% since inauguration day.