starting strength gym
Page 1096 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 96596996104610861094109510961097109811061146119615962096 ... LastLast
Results 10,951 to 10,960 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    We've been waiting quite a while now.

This is the vilest shit I've ever read. So who is this nasty bitch Virginia Heffernan? I found her:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EOMC2ebW4AECsCC.jpg

How do you get so wrapped up in your personal hatred of a man you've never met that you would say shit like this about people who live next door who help you without asking them to? Fuck this ridiculous whore. Seriously, this is not something that can be fixed without a new map. Leave us the productive part of California, and round up the cunts like Ms. Heffernan for the ocean-view part. Let them swap dollars until they need their driveway cleaned off by someone who knows how. And then charge them $9000.
    It won't help, these people are lurking everywhere. Thing is it won't age well. People are waking up to it.

We've been waiting quite a while now.

This is the vilest shit I've ever read. So who is this nasty bitch Virginia Heffernan? I found her:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EOMC2ebW4AECsCC.jpg

How do you get so wrapped up in your personal hatred of a man you've never met that you would say shit like this about people who live next door who help you without asking them to? Fuck this ridiculous whore.
    I think her LA times story is a complete fabrication. She lives in Brooklyn Heights in an apartment. She can’t possibly know (or be aware of ) driveway shoveling. It’s almost certainly a city service. I found one of her zoom videos showing her apartment studio. And from:

Virginia Heffernan - Wikipedia

For Her place of residence.

Does blatant fraud make her a bigger piece of shit? I’m on the fence but leaning towards less. I think she may be deranged, and certainly not insightful or particularly bright.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Anyone read that TIME article I'm hearing about? Apparently it's written from the viewpoint of how the election was "saved", but it actually outlines the shady influence effort that helped fuck with it and get Biden elected, just pretending it was a good thing.
    Saw it.

But don't worry they didn't actually cheat. They just came together to fight the Bad Orange Man in a way that is apparently wrong when it's a bunch of Reddit dorks buying stocks, but no less than one's duty when saving the US from Trump.

But again: these people, who have been repeatedly caught cheating in the same exact districts where they are being accused of cheating now by people that can do math did not cheat.

And by all means, let's not forget that while these people hate Trump, see it as their moral duty to destroy him, and admit to colluding to ruin his chances of winning re-election without cheating, there is no possible way that all of these same sort of folks conspired to cheat in a way that sure as hell looks like cheating on it's face.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    This is why federalists will argue for uniform gun laws and they will always fall to the state with the strictest laws, so CA state law will over ride states like TX as it will be the model for all states in the union. Happening here in Australia, it starts with uniform traffic codes and works its way up to more controversial laws that apply to personal freedoms and in the US private ownership of certain types of weapons such as an AR-15 will be the end target.
    Yup. The United States lost the Civil War and America won. Now they want the entire world to be the same in every possible way...because diversity is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    People passively watched it unfold on the screens of their devices and complained about the injustice of it all to one another. Millions of these same people were armed to the teeth, had training, and owned better quality night vision and body armour than some countries' armies. People have been conditioned us to be passive spectators in our own lives and the government et al. haven't even needed to use widespread violence against the population to achieve its tyrannical big picture goals.

I'm not questioning the integrity of the American revolutionary spirit and I have nothing but admiration for it. It's not a LARP. It is real. Obviously it's better to armed than unarmed... but has your second amendment also created a political false sense of security for the American right, like a security blanket? Perfectly open to being called out for my stupidity or even jealousy here as well. Just an emasculated, subservient Brit thinking aloud. The coolest thing I can own without a licence is a hunting crossbow and that will change soon enough I'm sure. I unironically own a spear.
    The frogs never know that they are being boiled otherwise they'd jump.

I was chatting with a friend about how I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but I think conservative are a bunch of pussies that will not do anything.

He replied that he thinks things will happen once the bad guys start actually arresting people. I then informed him of how that is actually happening with the recent case of the guy arrested for voter surpression mearly for posting some "Don't Forget To Vote On Wednesday" meme that a dozen or so people I know post on FB every election.

Again I'll be happy to be proven wrong but I just watch and them bitch and clap when Ted Cruz raises his voice to Twitter, but doesn't actually do a damned thing. The arrests have started and by the time someone comes to their own door they will realize that they might as well give up too because they are alone. It has happened in other countries before with people that didn't seem half as soft as most Americans today.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    No questions. Two answers.

1. I was afraid for my safety.
    2. I would like to be represented by a lawyer.

Anything else, anywhere, is legal suicide.
    Wrong. NEVER talk to the police in this sort situation. You are in the wrong state of mind and they are not your friends.

You should call your lawyer as soon as you hang up with the police. Have your lawyer talk for you and have something like a membership US Law and Shield for that eventuality.

Quote Originally Posted by wiigelec View Post
    Life. I was afraid for my life.
    Save it for the judge.

I have taken classes with US Law and Shield and heard horror stories of how innocent people have screwed themselves by saying anything at all. You are not going to be in the state of mind to speak well or carefully and the cops don't care about you one bit because while you think you're the good guy, they see you as just another call and another potential arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    That article is actually very encouraging because it means the truth is going to come out; they are trying to get ahead of it.
    My take as well, but besides an attempt to inoculate folks from being able to see evidence, it is an attempt at demoralizing our side.

Quote Originally Posted by UberBabs View Post
    Forty years ago California was Reagan Country -- that's the California I grew up in. Before you decide to excise California from the union, remember this. California produces more agricultural value than the next two states (Texas and Iowa) combined. It is a natural wonderland -- the only state with high mountains, vast deserts, and hundreds of miles of beautiful beaches. And there are more Republicans in California than any other state. Things can change back again
    So they can be our friends again after they do their own housecleaning....instead of continuing to spread their bad politics to their neighbors.

Look at this amazing shit: Column: What can you do about the Trumpites next door? - Los Angeles Times

This can't be repaired. We need a new map, very soon.
    I'm not sure which is worse, this cow's writing or attitude. It's pathetic that vermin like this don't post signage in their yards and more importantly, on their business fronts. The need for a divorce from this section of the population became clear a few years ago when "Trumpites" were getting kicked out of restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    They won't. Anyone who's bought into the mask fairy tale will never give up on it. Doesn't matter what kind of evidence you present them with.
    You are 100% correct. Seattle is proving grounds for that. Just like the saturated fat myth.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Biden's mask order says "snugly" (because CDC). But it doesn't say "really snugly". A catastrophic miss.
    Neither fitting works. Recently I saw a photo of Fauci visiting an Ebola patient. Patient had no ppe and Fauci was in full biohazard gear.

My first thought: why waste the money and effort with biohazard gear when you could slap a cloth mask on the patient and be good? Fauci wouldn’t even need a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    Neither fitting works. Recently I saw a photo of Fauci visiting an Ebola patient. Patient had no ppe and Fauci was in full biohazard gear.

My first thought: why waste the money and effort with biohazard gear when you could slap a cloth mask on the patient and be good? Fauci wouldn’t even need a mask.
    Let’s play at fairness. Where can we find the strongest argument for masks? Strength-to-strength. This should be clear as day, given the current infliction on the world population. What do the Maskians point to, other than their or your face (and the 3-letter profanities)?

Btw, I just got a FedEx care package from my employer containing:

1. Treats
    2. A nice pen
    3. A company-branded black facemask.

I tossed the mask, kept the Snickers/Musketeers for myself, the goldfish for the kids, and stashed the pen in the kitchen desk (they always disappear).

Scavenging is good practice for the coming dystopia. But I won’t expect overnight service in the wastelands of The Postman.

Column: What can you do about the Trumpites next door? - Los Angeles Times

Sorry guys, but I just can't wrap my head around this. This is the goddamndest thing I've seen in a while. This vicious whore should be deported to Hell as soon as fucking possible.

Pfizer CEO & Bill Gates Offer Incredibly Lame Excuses for Not Taking their COVID Vaccines. Another great one from Anthony Colpo:

Pfizer CEO & Bill Gates Offer Incredibly Lame Excuses for Not Taking their COVID Vaccines – Anthony Colpo

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    Wrong. NEVER talk to the police in this sort situation. You are in the wrong state of mind and they are not your friends.

You should call your lawyer as soon as you hang up with the police. Have your lawyer talk for you and have something like a membership US Law and Shield for that eventuality.

Save it for the judge.

I have taken classes with US Law and Shield and heard horror stories of how innocent people have screwed themselves by saying anything at all. You are not going to be in the state of mind to speak well or carefully and the cops don't care about you one bit because while you think you're the good guy, they see you as just another call and another potential arrest.
    George, I giggle inwardly every time you talk about law enforcement. Likely in the same way Hurling grimaces and moves on. Yes, you will be in a heightened state due to the reaction of your sympathetic nervous system and release of adrenaline -- for around 2-3 days. Yes, sometimes people can develop verbal diarrhea (legal term: spontaneous utterances) after starting to talk, but all of that can be easily overcome by plenty of visualization through mental rehearsal and having your lawyer's contact information in-hand (say... on a card you keep with your concealed carry permit).

I don't get your attitude towards law enforcement. Objectively, it isn't supported statistically or in practice, and beyond that there are over 697,000 law enforcement officers across approximately 18,000 agencies. I get the impression you apply an unequal weighting to the negative aspects of law enforcement, and that's not great because it has improved dramatically over the past several decades as policies, equipment and tactics have improved.

Try to see it from a law enforcement perspective. They arrive on-scene after you have reported a shooting. They need to secure the scene for the safety of officers, EMS, and civilians. You are not required to answer questions, but you are now a person of interest in what may be a crime, and you could be BOTH armed AND dangerous. You offer them nothing but silence. Through Terry vs. Ohio, it has been established that they can now 1. handcuff you as part of detention and 2. perform a pat-down search of your person and a cursory search of the immediate area around you (essentially within arms' reach) for plain sight and plain touch. If you tell them you were afraid for your safety (or life, fuck, it doesn't matter) you have admitted to absolutely NO action. You didn't even say you shot the guy. Now, the police officers on scene are likely to be somewhat at-ease with regard to you. Then, you say you'd like to be represented by your lawyer. Great! They'll usually take this as a matter of course, and it also essentially ends any interview OR interrogation even if you are Mirandized should you be arrested beyond a simple detention. They might ask you to provide your ID to prove you are the owner/resident for the address, and I'd absolutely recommend doing so by your own volition.

But that's just, like, my opinion, man. It's different from the opinion of the people who are financially interested in selling you their services.

Sorry guys, but I just can't wrap my head around this. This is the goddamndest thing I've seen in a while. This vicious whore should be deported to Hell as soon as fucking possible.
    Here's a Google cache of the article... no ads or page clicks.

Seriously, Rip... why even bother to read it? It's supposed to piss you off. Why let them? There's not end to the evil humanity brings upon itself, and all you have to do is look for it.