starting strength gym
Page 1114 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 1146141014106411041112111311141115111611241164121416142114 ... LastLast
Results 11,131 to 11,140 of 30193

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    The whole thing about global warming when a winter storm putting the hurt to Texas.
    (but its called : "climate change"; google 'polar vortex' Cody)
    I know, right!

It’s crazy to think that—despite tropical plant fossils in Antarctica and seashell fossils on 13,000 foot mountains—we meager humans can’t stabilize this whole disorganized mess, by levying a few strategic taxes and eliminating questionable energy sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I wonder if anybody in the eastern half of the US is still confused about which is better, global warming or cooling?
    I checked and the sun is definitely heading back your way, spring for you folk in a few weeks. It has been the coolest summer this year we have had for some time. Have hardly used the evaporative cooler. (swamp cooler)

So it's cold, 7F and -10F wind chill here near the confluence of the Mississippi and Ohio. We have 7" of snow having fallen TODAY(!) on top of over an inch already from the last couple of days. Record cold to boot. Someone pissed off Elsa of Frozen and needs to make nicey so she'll relent.

All that said, it might be useful to have the astronomically inclined to see what the axial tilt of the Earth is along with checking where in it's elliptical orbit around the Sun is. Could be our "climate change" is the result of the combination of being at the far end of the ellipse and a more extreme tilt than usual.

It's one theory put forth as to why we had ice ages. I learned that on a vacation trip when we looked in at a museum in Wisconsin some 30+ years ago. It put paid, for me at least, to the politicized science of climate change.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
    Its the helicopter trying to de-ice some iced-up wind turbine blades.
    Not sure what cody is trying to say, really.

Yes, wind turbines aren't to solve our fossil fuel problems, at all. Its a farce. I'd agree with that.

OR/BUT

The whole thing about global warming when a winter storm putting the hurt to Texas.
    (but its called : "climate change"; google 'polar vortex' Cody)
    If you want a stable economy you need a reliable supply of energy, you need base load generation, coal or nuclear with hydro if you have the water. Wind and solar are inconsistent and wind and sunlight are not always available, besides these two require vast amounts of land to be able to compete with base load generation. Batteries for storage require large amounts of lithium which uses energy to mine and process it, then you have the disposal of toxic metals when the cells reach their end of life, same with solar panels and wind generators. However base load generators with maintenance will last for decades.

Why does China build more coal fire generators than any where else while we here in Australia sell them cheap coal while pretending we are going to Co2 free generation, it is fairy land thinking. When I was in primary school in the 50's we were taught the carbon cycle and Co2 was part of that cycle that maintains life on this earth. The teachers in those days used glass houses to show us how "global warming" and Co2 make plants grow, we don't need to reduce Co2, we need more of it, that is how life works on this planet and the Co2 that comes from our coal fired generators is infinitesimal compared to what is pumped out by active volcanoes around the world. Economies driven by "green" energy will only last for a short time till they realize it was all a hoax. Biden's new green deal is only to appease the "green folk" in the US and the UN.

Doktor Fauxshe is a prime example of what Murray Rothbard observed in people like Milton Friedman and Alan Greenspan: there’s a tendency for brilliant men to specialize in what they’re worst at.

He holds high esteem in medicine as a researcher and physicians and scientists repeatedly favorably regard his contributions to the literature and the body of teaching materials. And yet, as a public official, the bulk of his career, he’s been abysmally awful and for decades. I posted this before, but it’s worth revisiting:

An Open Letter to Dr. Anthony Fauci | The Village Voice

It would really behoove everyone to read Peter Duesberg’s book Inventing the AIDS Virus, if anything to get a sense of how twisted and corrupt the medical establishment is, particularly with regard to the massive funding virus hunters get from the Federal government. You can find it at archive.org.

If I can paraphrase Duesberg, at the turn of the 20th century, infectious diseases had effectively been conquered. We were now faced with wrestling with diseases of old age, cancer, cardio-pulmonary failure, metabolic disorders, and dementia, Alzheimer’s, and Parkinson’s. That is, until the scientists who all wanted to be Jonas Salk, scammed an all too willing Federal government to fund the search for an infectious cause for virtually everything. To all of our detriment, of course. Couple that with these truly evil, Satanic fucks at all these international NGOs, I really don’t know how we’re going to make it out of this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
    Not sure what cody is trying to say, really.
    I just found it amusing to see fossil fuel being wasted to maintain "green" energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    ...I read the whole damned thing at 5:30am today; it sent me back to bed.
    Byrne's description of the oval office meeting jives with the Monkee Werx interview of the young staffer who got them into the White House. The staffer is absolutely a believable guy. Byrne has told some large tales in the past..perhaps those stories are true also.
    So far, I have not come across anything that leads me to question the credibility of him or his past stories.
    However, his stories should read with the knowledge that he was a big Hunter C. Thompson fan and has adopted a similar style of writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham View Post
    ...You are aware that US fuckery in the Middle East predates ISIS and islamic terrorism?...
    Islamic terrorism predates the establishment of the United States by centuries, if not a thousand years.
    They should not be mistaken for friends or allies.
    They are not always enemies either.

The United States, Europe and the rest of the western world have repeatedly enacted nonsensical Middle East policies; the policies are decidedly counter to the interests of the United States and Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Swyou22 View Post
    That’s terrifying if correct. Do you believe this?
    Antibody Dependent Enhancement is well-documented and is one of the primary reasons vaccines are not supposed to be approved without long-term clinical trial data.

As the author of the article indicated, it is yet another unknown. We do not know enough to say that it can or will be exploited, but we also have no way of knowing that it can't be expoited.
    The potential harm caused by assuming that it can't be exploited is much much greater than the potential harm than can be caused by the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Satanic fucks at all these international NGOs, I really don’t know how we’re going to make it out of this mess.
    The real problem is the media. We could turn everything around in a year if we were the ones programming the masses. As much as Trump effectively poked at the media, he still always yielded if they squealed loud enough. He also never engaged effectively with alternate media. He used it to get elected, then left it alone. Probably his biggest mistake. He should have made a dramatic show of leaving twitter and moved to alternate media day one of his presidency. And he should have never sat down for a single long form interview with anyone from legacy media. His boomer habits did him in.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Doktor Fauxshe is a prime example of what Murray Rothbard observed in people like Milton Friedman and Alan Greenspan: there’s a tendency for brilliant men to specialize in what they’re worst at.

He holds high esteem in medicine as a researcher and physicians and scientists repeatedly favorably regard his contributions to the literature and the body of teaching materials. And yet, as a public official, the bulk of his career, he’s been abysmally awful and for decades. I posted this before, but it’s worth revisiting:

An Open Letter to Dr. Anthony Fauci | The Village Voice

It would really behoove everyone to read Peter Duesberg’s book Inventing the AIDS Virus, if anything to get a sense of how twisted and corrupt the medical establishment is, particularly with regard to the massive funding virus hunters get from the Federal government. You can find it at archive.org.
    A couple months ago, Tom Woods asked Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, one of the 3 main expert authors of the Great Barrington Declaration, about Fauci. It's at about the 32:15 mark of episode 1792 of The Tom Woods Show. Bhattacharya replied politely but not politically (lightly edited for clarity and brevity):

I have on my bookshelf, a textbook, Harrison's Internal Medicine, and he was an editor. I've long respected him and his knowledge. But I think during this epidemic he has failed. I think he has not kept up with the science, that example, that interchange with Rand Paul is instructive, because the T-Cell evidence was available then. He's failed on schools: the evidence on children not spreading the disease, that became available in March...We knew very early on in the epidemic...and yet he spread fear about that...

On the Great Barrington Declaration, he mischaracterized it, I think knowingly. We aren't saying we want to let the disease spread rampantly. We don't! We want to protect the vulnerable, the old, that's central to the GBD idea. Just simply so he didn't have to discuss it with us, I think...

He's behaved in ways that are detached from science and in many ways irresponsible. And I think the harm from his leadership during this epidemic, we're going to be counting those harms for a very long time."