starting strength gym
Page 1125 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 1256251025107511151123112411251126112711351175122516252125 ... LastLast
Results 11,241 to 11,250 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham View Post
    Nonsense, the first instances of islamic terrorism occured in the postcolonial era...
    The first instances of Islamic terrorism occurred about 1300 years ago.
    Greece, Spain, Serbia and all of Europe have been at war with Islam almost since its conception.
    The only difference now is that we see modern guerrilla warfare tactics being implemented, making it a global, borderless conflict.
    Mass immigration is currently the most effective weapon used by Islamic terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    Coming up on 48 hours without power, but we are better off than most since i have a gas stove and all of my taps are intact...
    What is the solution to keep pipes from bursting? I think blackouts in the winter will become an increasingly common problem in the whole country.

Quote Originally Posted by alydar View Post
    Sad. In my earlier days coming of age out West, the men I knew would never be heard uttering such vulgarity. The ranchers and farmers of my acquaintance took pride in never showing such a juvenile lack of self-control, or demonstrating so publicly such a filthy mouth. And this word, the "C-word," especially. To use it to insult a man you do not like is to insult women just as much, by suggesting that their qualities - physical and spiritual - are to be seen as negative, even loathsome. As one old fellow I knew long ago would have said, "Time now to grow up, son."
    You haven't known many ranchers and farmers.
    Or they really disliked you and viewed you as an outsider.
    Even the devout Mormons swear and cuss constantly if they are farmers and ranchers.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Attempting peaceful Secession is my one drum to beat, Rip. I'm sorry. I don't see any remotely viable way forward besides that, and it would never be allowed to remain peaceful beyond the very early beginning. It's more of a fervent prayer than mere repetition. People have so horribly underestimated how corrupt and broken this all is... it seems to me like nobody takes it seriously, or at least not seriously enough.
    It's time to accept reality and move away from the base of the volcano before it blows.
    This sounds about right.

I've just discovered a new video platform called "Odysee" which is starting to gain attention from those fed up with censorship. It's built on the blockchain, making content removal impossible. It's also open source making regulation difficult. It's monetized using cryptocurrency. Even Bitchute is censoring stuff these days, so I recommend you all take a look.

odysee.com

Fuck Big Tech.

...those delivery systems froze because the market "chose" to replace a natural-gas based delivery system with electric pumps.
    Also consider the order of operations here. The utility had to start load shedding because they ran low on generation capacity. They ran low on generation capacity because they ran low on gas. They ran low on gas because unprotected stuff was freezing up. Ergo, they ran out of gas before they ran out of power, they didn’t run out of gas because they lost power.

Ol’ Ticker may know some stuff about some stuff, but I don’t think he knows shit about natural gas production.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Who is "the market" here though? The actual end consumers of energy, or the government who gets to decide what power gets money put into it? The government's decisions are largely arbitrary. Put in a carbon tax, and yeah, suddenly everyone's gonna want "clean" energy instead of coal because they don't get hit with the tax. I'm willing to bet there are a fair number of energy consumers right now though who wish they had some working coal plants giving them electricity instead of some non-functioning windmill-based shit.
    The government never decided this. The market did. The market, in part, turned to natural gas which is cheaper, in several instances, than coal.

As I said, the market has already spoken. You can wish and pray for coal all you want but it is dead.

Don't believe me, just do a simple google search & nearly every financial magazine and analyst will tell you the same thing.

We aren't going back to coal & that has nothing to do with anything but the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Forbes is writing this propaganda now? Amazing.

Who pays for the wind farms, Jay?
    Yes, Forbes is writing this propaganda because the market has spoken.

They are also correct that it is cheaper and in a free market, business is going to look to the cheaper most of the time.

Sort of like customers - some like the $10 a month at planet fitness, others, like me, don't.

Heck, when Blackrock says it is moving away from fossil fuels, the world is moving that way.

As to payment for wind farms, they get tax breaks just like fossil fuels.

Now, if the geniuses at ERCOT would do what they have been told previously, I hope this doesn't happen to people in TX again. I am truly sorry for those poor people that died because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Wig, go read Rip's post with the MarketTicker piece again: those delivery systems froze because the market "chose" to replace a natural-gas based delivery system with electric pumps.

And Jay, your trust in market forces is to be commended, but you are pitiful in your ignorance of the influence of government subsidies on this green energy movement. This is like macroeconomics 101 stuff, man.
    ...or did the new car market similarly overtake the used car space, when Obama had everyone destroying their perfectly fine moderately driven used cars (the gubmint, not market players, dubbed those "clunkers"), for some of that "market forces" gubmint ca$h?
    You don't have to believe me at all. Just look at what the market has said. Feel free to google it. Feel free to contact the American Gas Association or the NGSA & they will tell you that NG destroyed coal. If you disagree with the NGSA, I can't help you there. There is a coal plant closing about once a month now. Coal is dead & it isn't coming back & this is why you have NG plants being built not coal plants. I'll put $ on that but more importantly, the market has already put tens of millions on exactly that.

You are incorrect about what happened with NG and nuclear in TX. They froze because TX was warned & ERCOT didn't care & I bet they get away with it again and if you just take a look at NE & OK & other states with weather as cold or colder than TX, they don't have the same massive problems because they didn't have an incredibly inept ERCOT running it.

Quote Originally Posted by novicejay View Post
    As to payment for wind farms, they get tax breaks just like fossil fuels.

No Jay, it's FAR worse than that.

"Pandemic will be with us until EVERYONE on earth given Covid-19 vaccine, says Merkel after G7 summit"

Pandemic will be with us until EVERYONE on earth given Covid-19 vaccine, says Merkel after G7 summit — RT World News

Makes one wonder WTF is actually in these vaccines, because this sort of assertion cannot have anything to do with "fighting covid"

It certainly has nothing to do with human biology.

Thermal generation sources far outperformed the "renewable" sources...
    Do you have some numbers on this?

Here’s what I’ve seen:
    Woodfin said Tuesday that 16 gigawatts of renewable energy generation, mostly wind generation, are offline and that 30 gigawatts of thermal sources, which include gas, coal and nuclear energy, are offline.
    Texas largely relies on natural gas for power. It wasn’t ready for the extreme cold.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchless View Post

In analysis up to this point, I strongly suspect that such an unlikely weather event as happened was considered worth the additional cost of investment. Winterization is not free. It is easy to say, with the benefit of hindsight and singular focus.
    Probably.

However, there are a lot of regulations that require extreme precautions for low risk events. The school unions demand (extortion) for heroic COVID protection comes to mind.

starting strength coach development program
    The teacher's unions -- and for that matter, most unions -- want more money for less work, and that is all. It would be refreshing to see that on a picket sign. MORE MONEY. LESS WORK.