starting strength gym
Page 1126 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 1266261026107611161124112511261127112811361176122616262126 ... LastLast
Results 11,251 to 11,260 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Dispatches from the Kung Flu police action:

DB and I got our first vaccination this afternoon. It took just under 30 minutes to process through, 15 minutes of which was having a 15 minute seat to see if we burst into flames. So far so good. The intake and traffic control was handled by a National Guard medical unit. One of the pleasant young PFC's was named Wellman. Altogether, a perfect name for his MOS.

This morning I shed my dang mask while deadlifting. I got tired of trying to suck air through it during and between sets. Another old fart sporting a Senior Olympics t-shirt freaked over my maskless state. After ignoring him, I finally put it on after paying off my oxygen debt knowing that he was going to head for some staffer who would kick me out and maybe get me banned from the place. I asked him if he felt he had done his righteous duty. He scuttled off to another corner of the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by novicejay View Post
    However, the market has spoken and coal is dead. This is why the power companies are moving away from it.
    Not according to the Asian markets, they cannot buy enough of it. China has and continues to build thermal generators all designed to run on Australian coal. India also is expanding and looks to fossil fuels to supply their increasing energy demand. Nuclear is expensive to set up, but steam turbines heated by coal are the cheapest and quickest way for countries to setup manufacturing industry while western countries like Australia rely on Asian countries now for their fake Fords and manufactured goods. So here we are in Australia selling our coal to Asia while trying appease the UN's Co2 abatement policy and setting up wind, solar generation for what? to run Fakebook and Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    I've just discovered a new video platform called "Odysee" which is starting to gain attention from those fed up with censorship. It's built on the blockchain, making content removal impossible. It's also open source making regulation difficult. It's monetized using cryptocurrency. Even Bitchute is censoring stuff these days, so I recommend you all take a look.

odysee.com

Fuck Big Tech.
    Wow! This is very cool! It's currently very fast. We'll see what happens when the word gets out.

BTW, Gab.com is down today...a few days after Parler.com finally found it's way back online.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Dispatches from the Kung Flu police actionB and I got our first vaccination this afternoon. It took just under 30 minutes to process through, 15 minutes of which was having a 15 minute seat to see if we burst into flames. So far so good.
    Do you know what types it was, the -90C Pfizer version with special injection needle or that standard Moderna type?

Not complaining here, but using the weather event of this week to illuminate how the media will focus on one part so much that the rest is completely ignored. In this case, all eyes are on Texas, while places like Virginia, North Carolina, and Oregon that had areas hit hard, barely got mentioned in the national news. I lost power, but it happens so often, I'm prepared for/resigned to it. However, folks farther east, who don't normally get this kind of weather, got hit hard with freezing rain and after going without power for 7 days, have been told they will likely not see it for 10 more days.

Quote Originally Posted by novicejay View Post
    You are incorrect about what happened with NG and nuclear in TX. They froze because TX was warned & ERCOT didn't care & I bet they get away with it again and if you just take a look at NE & OK & other states with weather as cold or colder than TX, they don't have the same massive problems because they didn't have an incredibly inept ERCOT running it.
    I do not know where you live, and like you mentioned, we haven't had many problems here in Nebraska. Then again, we only have a population that is one fourteenth the size of Texas, and everyone that I know has means to heat their homes and operate their lives independent of the power grid. We are also used to this cold weather unlike Texas. Perhaps ERCOT is at fault, but there are many more variables at play to compare Texas to Nebraska and Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton Rankin View Post
    I do not know where you live, and like you mentioned, we haven't had many problems here in Nebraska. Then again, we only have a population that is one fourteenth the size of Texas, and everyone that I know has means to heat their homes and operate their lives independent of the power grid. We are also used to this cold weather unlike Texas. Perhaps ERCOT is at fault, but there are many more variables at play to compare Texas to Nebraska and Oklahoma.
    It has nothing to do with size. It has everything to do with ERCOT.

Let's discuss why El Paso has power. It is because ERCOT does not run it.

Let's discuss why Beaumont has power (at least no massive outages). It is because ERCOT does not run it and guess what? They listened to the 2011 report cited below and did the right thing.

How about western LA, right on the TX border - again, no massive power outages. It is because ERCOT does not run it.

I don't think you read the article I already posted because you are implying that this was something out of the ordinary and it hasn't happened. This is wrong.

Please read this article which sums it up nicely and which I already posted:

Texas grid fails to weatherize, repeats mistake feds cited 10 years ago

I don't know how many times TX has to be warned instead of making excuses. Unfortunately, this killed people because of ineptness by ERCOT. Someone ought to be held accountable.

If we haven't learned anything else over the past few decades, we have learned that nobody is ever held accountable. Unless it's you or me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Dispatches from the Kung Flu police action:

DB and I got our first vaccination this afternoon. It took just under 30 minutes to process through, 15 minutes of which was having a 15 minute seat to see if we burst into flames. So far so good. The intake and traffic control was handled by a National Guard medical unit. One of the pleasant young PFC's was named Wellman. Altogether, a perfect name for his MOS.

This morning I shed my dang mask while deadlifting. I got tired of trying to suck air through it during and between sets. Another old fart sporting a Senior Olympics t-shirt freaked over my maskless state. After ignoring him, I finally put it on after paying off my oxygen debt knowing that he was going to head for some staffer who would kick me out and maybe get me banned from the place. I asked him if he felt he had done his righteous duty. He scuttled off to another corner of the gym.
    Hurling: Do Not Read This. Deaths from COVID-19 Vaccines are Increasing, & the CDC is Whitewashing It – Anthony Colpo

For everybody else:

Now ... as I write this, it is Saturday afternoon, 20 February 2021, here in the penal colony known as Australia. I've got the VAERS website open, and am doing a search for the number of deaths reported for COVID-19 vaccines.

It shows that, for VAERS reports processed as of 12 February 2021 (the most recent data dump), there have been 799 deaths reported for COVID-19 vaccines in the US and territories since their rollout in December 2020. Of these, 378 were reported for the Moderna drug, 417 for the Pfizer-BioNTech drug. For the remaining 4 deaths, the vaccine manufacturer is unknown.

A week ago, the death count was 602.

The VAERS website is the official US repository for vaccine adverse event reports - it's where everyone is directed to look when seeking the latest figures on untoward events associated with the new COVID 'vaccines.' As noted earlier, the most recent data dump for vaccine adverse events occurred on 12 February 2021.

However, at a lesser known page on the CDC website, COVID-19 vaccine figures are provided through to 14 February 2021. As of this writing, the text at that page states:

"Over 52 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through February 14, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 934 reports of death (0.0018%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine."

So as of 14 February 2021, almost 1,000 Americans had died soon after receiving a COVID-19 vaccine. That number, of course, is but a fraction of the real death toll, because only a small portion of adverse events are ever reported to VAERS.

Meanwhile, none of the clinical trials for these drugs have shown they can save a single life.
    Basically, if you died after the administration of the "vaccine" it is merely a coincidence, but if you died within 30 days of a bullshit positive test for Covid-19, you obviously died from Covid-19, even if you were murdered.

starting strength coach development program
    My turn to complain.

I’ve lost a friend to COVID. He was the gym owner of our small community gym. LA fitness (as in Los Alamos Fitness) . It was a small gym but had decent barbells and plenty of equipment for lifting seriously and heavy. In particular, the owner understood and encouraged it.

As a small business in a very isolated government town, small business survival was always marginal. LA Fitness made 17 yrs because the clients were loyal and the owner enjoyed his niche. It is now closed forever.

I do not know with certainty, but I know, none the less, that severe depression set in for the gym owner with COVID rules and could not be overcome. I watched and contributed to the service today, from the east coast (where I work on long term assignment).

It is the deep expressed belief of the family that he will find peace.