starting strength gym
Page 1132 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 1326321032108211221130113111321133113411421182123216322132 ... LastLast
Results 11,311 to 11,320 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by zft View Post
    And drawing the conclusion that "mask mandates are ineffective" based on the assumption "a country without mask mandates had lower excess mortality than countries with mask mandates" is logical nonsense.
    You know, except of course, where you see there is no correlation in outcome across two or more states or countries with different strategies... that whole causation without correlation logic thing. Too bad we have zero data and we can’t compare across countries? Aw shucks.

Isn't this a good thing?
    Isn’t “go get fucked” a better thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    What is the solution to keep pipes from bursting? I think blackouts in the winter will become an increasingly common problem in the whole country.
    I started dripping all of the taps, hot and cold, inside and outside, before the weather hit.

A good piece about the SCOTUS from Edmund Wright: https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...tion_case.html

While I think the United States Supreme Court stumbled badly in its 7-2 rejection of the Texas case on standing last year, the refusal to “grant cert” (i.e., to take the case) yesterday in a Pennsylvania case is horrifying beyond words. I could say that our election laws are now full-on banana republic, but I’d hate to insult bananas that badly.

What the Supreme Court codified yesterday, and what it started with the Texas rejection, is that election laws and procedures cannot be challenged beyond a state court, at any time, regardless of how badly those states shred the United States Constitution, and regardless of the major consequences to the other 49 states as a result. They don’t ever say that per se, but the results of what those two rulings have done are just that. Period.

Those trying to challenge Pennsylvania’s obviously corrupt and rigged election system have been told that they cannot challenge the laws ahead of the election, because there is not yet a victim. They’ve been told that fellow Americans impacted by Pennsylvania’s corrupt system cannot challenge, because of standing. Now they’ve been told that they cannot challenge after the election, because it’s after the election - and therefore moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    A good piece about the SCOTUS from Edmund Wright: https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...tion_case.html
    So red states can just make whatever election laws they feel like regardless of anything. And then just ignore whatever courts say. What are they going to do anyway?

Which is why all the shit they're doing is the end of the republic. It's over. Done.

No respect for the law... No enforcement of the law.... it means increasing ignoring of the law. And it will be near impossible to pull back from that changed mindset.

They know what they are doing, that’s why they’ve put a barb wire fence around Washington and kept their “army” in place

Sooner or later this is going to blow up

Everyone on this forum seems to have such incredibly low standards by which they judge something to be true. Truth is an elusive/nebulous thing and even in the best cases it takes quite a lot of diligence and scrutiny to find. Just because something is aligned with your fucked-up world view doesn't make it true--and investing emotion/politics into what you deem (or want to be) true is just folly.

Isn't this a good thing?
    Here is a good way to apply the rule “follow the science” for masks and COVID.

Let’s start with the standards for what a mask is, how they are to be worn, and how the adherence to these standards is observed, applied, and statistically corrected for in the data.

I’ve looked and can not find this information. Which isn’t to say it doesn’t exist. But to make this a “follow the science “ debate, we need that information.

Otherwise we are in the land of make-believe, not science. So far, the most compelling argument is “better safe than sorry”. Sincerely, I’m mostly ok with that but don’t accuse that as being science.

Do you know what the standards are?

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post
    GameStop stuff....
    I wonder what percentage of these companies participate in the "public" stock markets.

The central bankers in our fourth branch of government are hard at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    Well whaddya know! Neoliberal CEO's don't care about the same things heritage Americans care about, nor do they care about the safety and wellbeing of Americans themselves, either. Quick, blame China! It'S a CoMmUnIsT tAkE-oVeR!....
    Why is it so hard to understand they are both working against you?

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    0What is the solution to keep pipes from bursting? I think blackouts in the winter will become an increasingly common problem in the whole country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    I started dripping all of the taps, hot and cold, inside and outside, before the weather hit.
    1. Yes, dripping your taps is one step.
    2. Perhaps most important and something I find nobody seems to realize anymore is to close your crawlspace vents in the winter once temps go below freezing at night.
    3. Third best simple solution is to open the under-sink cabinet doors where exposed pipes pass through, especially for sinks on exterior walls.
    4. If possible, provide some heat to elevate ambient room temp where exposed pipes are located to above freezing (my water heater is in my unheated garage gym so I had to keep a space heater running for it).

5. A bit more in-depth and I'm considering doing myself is to buy and install foam insulation to all my pipes under the house this summer.

I know a little on this as I work for my city Utility Dept (soon to move to Liberty Utilities) maintaining all 1" and 5/8" water meters, and billing. I along with the entire Water/Sewer department spent the last two weeks doing almost nothing but running around town in the snow, ice and sub-zero temps turning off peoples' water for burst pipes. In most of these cases, the freezes and ruptures could've been avoided if the above common precautions would've been followed.

Thanks for this list, now I know who I'll be boycotting.

No Prison for Woman Who Shoved 'White B*tch' Into Path of Bus

Lynching will be making a comeback as the law continues to fail again and again across the western world.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    So red states can just make whatever election laws they feel like regardless of anything. And then just ignore whatever courts say. What are they going to do anyway?

Which is why all the shit they're doing is the end of the republic. It's over. Done.

No respect for the law... No enforcement of the law.... it means increasing ignoring of the law. And it will be near impossible to pull back from that changed mindset.
    Think about it this way:

The presidential election is not a “national” election; it is fifty individual elections by which the electorate of each state chooses who their designated delegates will vote for as president. It’s actually the highest form of federalism. Republicanism par excellence.

And, yes. Per the tenth amendment, states can decide how they conduct elections. As long as they transmit the decision of the voters to the Imperial center, it doesn’t matter per se how they determine it.