starting strength gym
Page 1133 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 1336331033108311231131113211331134113511431183123316332133 ... LastLast
Results 11,321 to 11,330 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    No Prison for Woman Who Shoved 'White B*tch' Into Path of Bus

Lynching will be making a comeback as the law continues to fail again and again across the western world.
    I got this interesting email today from:

E (sayt3000@gmail.com)

<<Hi mark, I know you are a racist piece of shit (or maybe you are just a racially ignorant guy at best if some moron were to even give you some huge benefit of the doubt), I wanna say I found a picture of you on the internet that's what you would look like if you were a nigger
    See photo, his name is True Master: True Master | Hip Hop Wiki | Fandom
    Does he look like you? Tell me what you think.>>

Anybody know that address?

Here's my take on the China Virus...

The virus IS real, but it has been circulating since late 2018, early 2019 and was mistaken for the flu. It is deadly, but no more than the actual flu. They knew it was out, and set up the meetings (re: Event 201 and the Global Preparedness Monitoring Board), articles, and TED Talks in 2018 and 2019 to make themselves look like prophets.
    The virus was created in a lab. It was discovered by Peter Daszak of the EcoHealth Alliance and Shi Zhing-Li of the Wuhan Virology Lab. It was already circulating in humans, in a different form, discovered in 2017. They cooked it up, and set it loose.
    There is a long history of viruses escaping government labs, going back through the 1900's, followed by a hastily thrown-together vaccine program thrust upon citizens that led to numerous life-long medical complications and deaths.
    SARS has escaped from labs at least six times since the initial outbreak. Funny they never mention that one.
    If you study influenza-like illness numbers across Australia in 2019 during their winter (our summer) and China, you can see when it REALLY began to spread. It's significantly more contagious than they want you to think it is, and a lot less deadly.
    The virus is real. Everything else is absolute bullshit.

My thesis is that these times are not worse than the past. Elaboration provided upon request.

In the mean time, I stumbled across some Richard Feynman stories. In particular interest to this thread are his contributions to the space Shuttle Challenger disaster investigation, 1986.

Feynman was famous (or infamous) for his cold o-ring theory. Most of you are familiar with it. In any case it’s tangentially relevant to the power equipment failure currently being discussed.

More importantly, Feynman was highly critical of the management at NASA at the time. The criticism is unnervingly similar to what we are saying about COVID response. To me, nothing has changed. It is not a small fact that COVID incompetence has ruined far more lives, but it is a consequence of old problems ignored. Not new.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    As long as they transmit the decision of the voters to the Imperial center, it doesn’t matter per se how they determine it.
    And therein lies the rub.

Cheating wouldn't be needed if the decision of actual voters was what they were after.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    Here's my take on the China Virus...

The virus IS real, but it has been circulating since late 2018, early 2019 and was mistaken for the flu. It is deadly, but no more than the actual flu. They knew it was out, and set up the meetings (re: Event 201 and the Global Preparedness Monitoring Board), articles, and TED Talks in 2018 and 2019 to make themselves look like prophets.
    The virus was created in a lab. It was discovered by Peter Daszak of the EcoHealth Alliance and Shi Zhing-Li of the Wuhan Virology Lab. It was already circulating in humans, in a different form, discovered in 2017. They cooked it up, and set it loose.
    There is a long history of viruses escaping government labs, going back through the 1900's, followed by a hastily thrown-together vaccine program thrust upon citizens that led to numerous life-long medical complications and deaths.
    SARS has escaped from labs at least six times since the initial outbreak. Funny they never mention that one.
    If you study influenza-like illness numbers across Australia in 2019 during their winter (our summer) and China, you can see when it REALLY began to spread. It's significantly more contagious than they want you to think it is, and a lot less deadly.
    The virus is real. Everything else is absolute bullshit.
    And, the contagiousness (human action?) of it likely funded by Fauci and Collins, or through their agencies with their approval.

Full circle. Guilty consciences.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Cox View Post
    1. Yes, dripping your taps is one step.
    2. Perhaps most important and something I find nobody seems to realize anymore is to close your crawlspace vents in the winter once temps go below freezing at night.
    3. Third best simple solution is to open the under-sink cabinet doors where exposed pipes pass through, especially for sinks on exterior walls.
    4. If possible, provide some heat to elevate ambient room temp where exposed pipes are located to above freezing (my water heater is in my unheated garage gym so I had to keep a space heater running for it).

5. A bit more in-depth and I'm considering doing myself is to buy and install foam insulation to all my pipes under the house this summer.

I know a little on this as I work for my city Utility Dept (soon to move to Liberty Utilities) maintaining all 1" and 5/8" water meters, and billing. I along with the entire Water/Sewer department spent the last two weeks doing almost nothing but running around town in the snow, ice and sub-zero temps turning off peoples' water for burst pipes. In most of these cases, the freezes and ruptures could've been avoided if the above common precautions would've been followed.

Thanks for this list, now I know who I'll be boycotting.
    Also, run a light bulb in your crawlspaces to prevent most freezing. Seems to work for my buddy in his cabin in the middle of Montana.

Fuck, everyone knows Rip that you were in the Wu-Tang Clan. Do they think this is some kind of “gotcha?”

Quote Originally Posted by zft View Post
    Are you trying to deliberately mislead here? The surrounding Scandinavian countries are clearly a far more relevant than Europe as a whole, which had excess mortality rates as follows (according to the article):

Norway: -0.4%
    Sweden: 7.6%
    Denmark: 1.6%

And regardless, going off worldin.news seems questionable at best--the article doesn't even properly cite the source of the data (merely stating from whom/which organizations the data came from is clearly insufficient) and it reads as if written for a high school English class.[/B].

Everyone on this forum seems to have such incredibly low standards by which they judge something to be true. Truth is an elusive/nebulous thing and even in the best cases it takes quite a lot of diligence and scrutiny to find. Just because something is aligned with your fucked-up world view doesn't make it true--and investing emotion/politics into what you deem (or want to be) true is just folly.
    The information that Sweden fares better in comparison when you use the excess death rate is correct.

I do not find it that obvious that you should compare Sweden to surrounding countries. Every comparison creates a set of problems.

I believe comparing with Denmark is more relevant than Norway and Finland.

Sweden and Denmark are more closely connected to Europe and the world by the nature of the demographics and the economy. Sweden and Denmark export makes up 56% and 55% of GDP respectively, while Finland and Norway are in the mid 40's. The former two countries are selling more advanced products which require a higher degree of interaction (software, telecom compared to wood and oil) and international R&D. For example, the Chinese telecom giant Huawei has located a huge research center in Stockholm.

Sweden is a big country for its 10 million population, but the most populated areas, by far, are within a narrow radius of Stockholm and Copenhagen.

As a result, Sweden and Denmark are always hit harder by nasty viruses and pandemics compared to Norway and Finland. Denmark did a lot better than Sweden in the beginning, but their problems are unfortunately on the rise right now.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post

Also, run a light bulb in your crawlspaces to prevent most freezing. Seems to work for my buddy in his cabin in the middle of Montana.
    Yes, however it may need to be pointed out to millennials and Gen Z That the bulb should be incandescent not LED or compact fluorescents. A few 75 watt bulbs can come in handy in a pinch.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    Yes, however it may need to be pointed out to millennials and Gen Z That the bulb should be incandescent not LED or compact fluorescents. A few 75 watt bulbs can come in handy in a pinch.
    I’m such a Boomer.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    Don't you folk(s) realize that these high wattage incandescent globes that caused Texas big freeze?

Is the Texas cold blast connected to climate change? “I have argued a definitive yes,” said Judah Cohen, director of seasonal forecasting at Atmospheric and Environmental Research, part of risk analytics firm Verisk, who’s spent more than a decade studying what warming across the Arctic means to weather for the rest of the world.

Read more at: How the Warming Arctic Helped Drive a Deep Freeze Into Texas
    Copyright © BloombergQuint