starting strength gym
Page 1149 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 1496491049109911391147114811491150115111591199124916492149 ... LastLast
Results 11,481 to 11,490 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It's interesting that he accepts the 500K number as a data point. Just a couple of weeks ago it was 300K. When will they bump it up to 1 million? When it becomes useful to maintain control.
    Taleb has surprised me on his COVID takes. I have read his books numerous times, and he is always bringing up pandemics, perhaps rightfully so as a potential Black Swan type of impact to society.

He jumped out early with some of his calculus showing an extremely high rate of infection but his model also assumed high corresponding rate of fatalities. Now I think he can’t turn back and is stuck in his position, or he truly believes it. Not sure which.

As far as Taleb on Twitter, tune him out. He is intentionally combative and soon gets to be a bore with his aggression. Having said all that, I admire his books, and he popularized Intellectual Yet Idiot which should count for something. Read his books but ignore his Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Le Comte View Post

Sure, Im asking about the extreme scenario, but to avoid that you have to clearly limit what you really mean in practice.

Almost everything, like your example, looks the same. The data creates the mathematical distribution (Bell Curve), and not the other way around. In other words, outliers tell the same story as averages. It always also begs the same questions, which can not be answered.

These unanswerable questions, such as yours, quickly expose the flaws in many social theories.

(ironically, asking from a health perspective, what is equality or safe enough, is EXACTLY the same flawed thinking and is exactly why Covid response failed. We treated the healthy the same as the vulnerable)

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    Where's all that March 4 violence that the fake news just made up again?
    The people who actually believed in that March 4th shit are the ones least likely to fucking do anything. They're still convinced someone is going to come save them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    How is it difficult to say if goddamn Gates is a villain? The asshole has been headlining this whole mess from the start.
    I have to question how much I actually know about the man and his intentions.
    There are rumors everywhere:
    -Elon Musk has publicly speculated that Bill is being extorted
    -Alex Jones has made some type of claim about Bill's NAZI connections
    -Bill has been connected with Epstein and countless other high-profile figures

In terms of Bill's actions, I have seen:
    -He is generous in giving back to his community and local organizations
    -He is a ruthless businessman
    -He is pushing global immunization and tracking programs
    -He is a leading advocate for radical and irrational climate change intervention
    -He has potentially done a large amount of good through his philanthropic organizations; It would not be good for anybody if the population of Africa explodes to 3 billion or the population of India rapidly doubles to 2.5 billion. If Gates has successfully prevented or delayed either of these two disasters, he deserves a huge amount of credit.

I do not know anything about his physical or mental health.

Several years ago I stood next to him in line at a fast food burger place. He was alone, without any security, but he looked relaxed and comfortable. There were probably 30 people there, but nobody said anything or paid much attention to him. I also acted like he was just another person I didn't recognize or care about. I wonder if he would be able to do the same today or if the lockdowns have also, in a way, restricted his freedom and imprisoned him.

I don't think I know enough to even begin to judge him, but I do know enough to fear some of the programs he supports.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    I have to question how much I actually know about the man and his intentions.

-He is generous in giving back to his community and local organizations
    -He is a ruthless businessman
    Maybe this is cynical, but Bill is a huge supporter of the Vaccines, so the better they do on the market the more he makes. I know he's all about promoting veganism and plant-based meat. He also is one of the largest soy farming landowners. Promoting his own interests is good business, that's all I can think to explain his actions.

Several years ago I stood next to him in line at a fast food burger place. He was alone, without any security, but he looked relaxed and comfortable. There were probably 30 people there, but nobody said anything or paid much attention to him. I also acted like he was just another person I didn't recognize or care about.
    Dick's on 45!?!?

The most terrifying thing about this week is that people are celebrating their government "giving" back their freedom that they could have decided to take back at any point for the last year.

Several years ago I stood next to him in line at a fast food burger place. He was alone, without any security, but he looked relaxed and comfortable. There were probably 30 people there, but nobody said anything or paid much attention to him. I also acted like he was just another person I didn't recognize or care about. I wonder if he would be able to do the same today or if the lockdowns have also, in a way, restricted his freedom and imprisoned him.
    Was he doing opposition research?

Bill Gates: Rich nations should shift entirely to synthetic beef

I recently started investing in crypto, especially in the Cardano project, mainly because of one of its founders, and former co-founder of Ethereum, Charles Hoskinson, and his vision. Today out of nowhere he posted this video on youtube talking about lockdowns, I think most people here share the same thoughts and I really hope this man can improve the world somehow.

Some real talk about Lockdowns - YouTube

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by bendy-legs View Post
    I know he's all about promoting veganism and plant-based meat. He also is one of the largest soy farming landowners. Promoting his own interests is good business, that's all I can think to explain his actions.
    You could easily observe the opposite. He believes in plant based meat so put his money where his mouth is and invested in it soy farming to support it. I havnt followed him enough to have a strong opinion.