starting strength gym
Page 1153 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 1536531053110311431151115211531154115511631203125316532153 ... LastLast
Results 11,521 to 11,530 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I didn't read this shit. I'm tired of this asshole. If you guys want to continue, let me know.
    I like Haghstull, he's enjoying himself, I say let it be. Aye, let the contrarians resound.

I recently read Karen Pryor's book "Don't shoot the dog", which is based on Skinnerian behavioral psychology (Pavlovian response etc), since we have a new puppy. I wonder if we can steer each other's writing on this board with positive reinforcement (clicker-training), negative reinforcement (Rip'ing a new one), and Extinguishing (ignoring).

I didn't read this shit. I'm tired of this asshole. If you guys want to continue, let me know.
    Flush him, once and for all. Then put in some blue Tidy Bowl in his wake.

Stumbled across this: Post-truth - Wikipedia

Post-truth is a philosophical and political concept for "the disappearance of shared objective standards for truth"[1] and the "circuitous slippage between facts or alternative facts, knowledge, opinion, belief, and truth".[2] Post-truth discourse is often contrasted with the forms taken by scientific methods and inquiry.[3] The term garnered widespread popularity, in the form of "post-truth politics", in the period around the 2016 United States presidential election and the Brexit referendum. It was named Word of the Year in 2016 by the Oxford Dictionary where it is defined as "Relating to or denoting circumstances in which objective facts are less influential in shaping public opinion than appeals to emotion and personal belief".
    Even the Wikipedia article about this useful concept is post-truth. That's how fucked this is.

Here's a nice summary. Several of these have appeared recently. https://online.anyflip.com/inblw/ufbs/mobile/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    That was it! Pretty late at night.

Sounds like we have put the pieces of the puzzle together:
    He must be planning an aggressive takeover of the burger chain to profit off of the synthetic meats movement.
    But, he is doing it in an effort to justify his fast food and soda addiction.
    Explains why he bought up all the farm land...we need more soy for the synthetic meat!

He just doesn't seem to get it and it gets repetitive. When he's wrong it's basically, "well, you know what I mean" which allows him to never admit he's wrong. But the bottom line is that no matter how he tries to paint us he doesn't get that we aren't mean people who want small children to fail. We just don't think the government is the best way to go about implementing the things that could help. Thus he's constantly arguing against the straw men he thinks are our arguments. Yes, boring. And at some point we have to admit that whole thing is either based in stupidity or disingenuousness.

This must have been discussed already, right?

Access Denied

From the executive order:
    Children should be able to learn without worrying about whether they will be denied access to the restroom, the locker room, or school sports.

Does he just sign everything they put in front of him? Maybe he was between naps when he signed this one.
    Last edited by Soule; 03-06-2021 at 07:15 PM.

Look at this utter bullshit: Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19 | FDA

An attempt to maintain control? We cannot allow people to decide these things for themselves! If you take an overdose, it can cause problems! Ivermectin for animals is different!!! Trust the CDC!!!!!!!

The FDA said ivermectin is not an antiviral drug, meaning it isn’t used for treating viruses.
    The fact that it isn't used for treating viruses now doesn't mean that it doesn't have antiviral activity. It just means that the bureaucrats haven't been paid yet.

It’s only approved for use in humans to combat certain internal conditions caused by parasitic worms and external parasites like headlice.
    And when the bureaucrats get paid, it will be approved for coronaviruses. But not until, and bureaucrats must approve of everything you do.

Certain forms of ivermectin are given to animals to prevent heartworm disease and other parasites.
    Certain forms? Which forms? The 1.87% paste form, that can be dosed to the therapeutic 12.5mg for human use? The kind we give million-dollar horses, the ones we don't want to die? The same kind of ivermectin that has been safely used by people all over the entire fucking world for 50 fucking years?

Even so, some people have experimented with the version of the drug intended for horses. They ended up being hospitalized.
    This is such an absolute bald face lie that it calls into question every statement they've ever made about anything. These lying pieces of shit have cost people their lives.

Look at this utter bullshit: Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19 | FDA

An attempt to maintain control? We cannot allow people to decide these things for themselves! If you take an overdose, it can cause problems! Ivermectin for animals is different!!! Trust the CDC!!!!!!!

The fact that it isn't used for treating viruses now doesn't mean that it doesn't have antiviral activity. It just means that the bureaucrats haven't been paid yet.

And when the bureaucrats get paid, it will be approved for coronaviruses. But not until, and bureaucrats must approve of everything you do.

Certain forms? Which forms? The 1.87% paste form, that can be dosed to the therapeutic 12.5mg for human use? The kind we give million-dollar horses, the ones we don't want to die? The same kind of ivermectin that has been safely used by people all over the entire fucking world for 50 fucking years?

This is such an absolute bald face lie that it calls into question every statement they've ever made about anything. These lying pieces of shit have cost people their lives.
    There appears to be criminal neglect.

And the FDA, not your doctor-of-choice, and certainly not you, has the exclusive right to determine the content of your care.