starting strength gym
Page 1167 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 1676671067111711571165116611671168116911771217126716672167 ... LastLast
Results 11,661 to 11,670 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Daytona goes on as expected: 300,000 leather-clad bikers flex their defiance on Daytona Beach | Daily Mail Online

From this piece:

Can people who have been vaccinated become super-spreaders of a more virulent and lethal form of the virus?

Yes, they can. They can become carriers of a more deadly strain of the infection and kill hundreds of others they come in contact with before dying themselves. Just look at this excerpt from a 2015 article at PBS. It helps to explain the phenomenon that Atzmon suggests in his observations. The article is titled, “This chicken vaccine makes its virus more dangerous”:

“The deadliest strains of viruses often take care of themselves — they flare up and then die out. This is because they are so good at destroying cells and causing illness that they ultimately kill their host before they have time to spread. But a chicken virus that represents one of the deadliest germs in history breaks from this conventional wisdom, thanks to an inadvertent effect from a vaccine. Chickens vaccinated against Marek’s disease rarely get sick. But the vaccine does not prevent them from spreading Marek’s to unvaccinated birds. “With the hottest strains, every unvaccinated bird dies within 10 days. …

In fact, rather than stop fowl from spreading the virus, the vaccine allows the disease to spread faster and longer than it normally would, a new study finds. The scientists now believe that this vaccine has helped this chicken virus become uniquely virulent... The study was published on Monday in the journal PLOS Biology….

The reason this is a problem for Marek’s disease is because the vaccine is “leaky.” A leaky vaccine is one that keeps a microbe from doing serious harm to its host, but doesn’t stop the disease from replicating and spreading to another individual. On the other hand, a “perfect” vaccine is one that sets up lifelong immunity that never wanes and blocks both infection and transmission.

In recent years, experts have wondered if leaky vaccines were to blame for the emergence of these hot strains. The 1970s introduction of the Marek’s disease immunizations for baby chicks kept the poultry industry from collapse, but people soon learned that vaccinated birds were catching “the bug” without subsequently dying. Then, over the last half century, symptoms for Marek’s worsened. Paralysis was more permanent; brains more quickly turned to mush….

Read’s group started their investigation by exposing vaccinated and unvaccinated Rhode Island Red chickens to one of five Marek’s disease strains that ranged from hot to cold. The hottest strains killed every unvaccinated bird within 10 days, and the team noticed that barely any virus was shed from the feathers of the chickens during that time. In contrast, vaccination extended the lifespan of birds exposed to the hottest strains, with 80 percent living longer than two months. But the vaccinated chickens were transmitting the virus, shedding 10,000 times more virus than an unvaccinated bird.

“Previously, a hot strain was so nasty, it wiped itself out. Now, you keep its host alive with a vaccine, then it can transmit and spread in the world,” Read said. “So, it’s got an evolutionary future, which it didn’t have before.”

But does this evolutionary future breed more dangerous viruses?

This study argues yes. In a second experiment, unvaccinated and vaccinated chickens were infected with one of the five Marek’s disease strains, and then put into a second arena with a second set of unimmunized birds, known as sentinels…. The virus spread to sentinel birds nine days faster if it came from a vaccinated chicken versus an unvaccinated one. In addition, sentinels died faster when exposed to vaccinated chickens versus unvaccinated chickens.

“One way to look at that experiment is that shows vaccinating birds kills unvaccinated birds. The vaccination of one group of birds leads to the transmission of a virus so hot that it kills the other birds, said Read said……

“Our concern here, primarily and foremost, is whether this is going to happen with any of the vaccines that we give to people,” said molecular biology James Bull of the University of Texas Austin, who specializes in the evolution of viruses and bacteria….

To test the imperfect vaccine hypothesis in humans, you would need monitor the vaccine response for either a large or isolated population for a long time. Doing this would allow a researcher to gauge how the vaccine interacts with the virus and if that relationship is evolving. Does the vaccine merely reduce symptoms, or does it also keep patients from getting infected and transmitting the virus?” (““This chicken vaccine makes its virus more dangerous”, PBS)

There it is in black and white. If you create a “leaky vaccine” that “merely reduces symptoms” but does NOT “keep patients from getting infected and transmitting the virus”, then “you would need monitor the vaccine response for either a large or isolated population for a long time.”

In other words, in order to avoid a horrific catastrophe that could involve the deaths of millions of people, long-term trials are absolutely essential.
    This seems rather significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Daytona goes on as expected: 300,000 leather-clad bikers flex their defiance on Daytona Beach | Daily Mail Online

From this piece:

This seems rather significant.

So if this is true, wouldn’t we be screwed if we didn’t get the vaccine, or worse, regardless?

Depends on what you mean by "we." You personally, or "we" as a species.

And this topic is trending today: U.S. Army to review gender-neutral physical fitness evaluation - UPI.com

A good time to revisit my take on this: Women in Ground Combat | Mark Rippetoe

Quote Originally Posted by jonasfj70 View Post
    For the vaccine to have a real impact on the virus and for us to be able to return to normalcy, a certain percentage of the population needs to become immune. Some think 60-70%, but it can be higher than that. Therefore, it is unfortunate that information is spread in an uninformed manner, which may deter a large number of people of getting the shots.
    It is very unfortunate that you have taken it upon yourself to spread misinformation, but I can't really blame you, looking for info yourself seems hard. Better to just regurgitate news headlines.

Quote Originally Posted by jonasfj70 View Post
    The author of this article does not seem to understand the difference between correlation and causality.
    Sorry, the rules were changed.

https://media.communities.win/post/xMyEmSly.png

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Incredible.
    How many cell phones scanned the police station, courthouse, etc. WiFi networks during THOSE actual riots? And yet...
    How many digital footprints did Hilary's emails and server leave, and yet...
    I find it pathetic that our US government is proving my Russian friends correct, that corruption in the USA is just as bad as in Russia, it's just more "polite.". Sure the Russians have Wild Wild West corruption, with foes shot dead in the streets and saloons robbed of cash in broad daylight, but I'm not sure this sophisticated American corruption, where the peasants (tax serfs) are lied to in their faces, is better.
    The former are well defined risks that humans have long been equipped to psychologically tolerate. The latter is meant to crush your soul, humiliate you, and turn you into a compliant slave. I don't know about you, but I know which I would prefer.

Even under bondage, there is something far more tolerable about a ruler who openly makes you kneel than one who enslaves you with a smile, while insisting you are free and that it's all for your own good.

Quote Originally Posted by James Rodgers View Post
    Alright this makes lots of sense and it's a fantastic idea, but before I completely commit to supporting it, I have a few questions:
    Well at least I would home in time for the supper, and it would still be hot, and no more visits to the sister in law, and I would have to leave work early to get home on time. I don't know maybe it is a good idea.

So does this mean I don't need solar panels and we can turn the fans off and I can relight the Barbie B Q?

Greatest threat to civilisation is ‘apparently non-existent’ - YouTube

This article and the associated comments have been bouncing around in my head all day. I did not know the concept of leaky vaccines which seems to be the basis of his superspreader theory.

johnst_nhb, what do you think? Will we be running away from our vaccinated GMO friends and family?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    It is very unfortunate that you have taken it upon yourself to spread misinformation, but I can't really blame you, looking for info yourself seems hard. Better to just regurgitate news headlines.
    What do you mean? It is a clearly proven truth that diseases like polio or measles have been eliminated in large parts of the world due to a certain percentage of the population being vaccinated. The same principles apply for all vaccinations, thus also the covid-19 virus.

"Looking for info yourself" is not enough. You need to put in work to determine if it is true or not. To merely digest information that support your bias is not the correct way.