starting strength gym
Page 1168 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 1686681068111811581166116711681169117011781218126816682168 ... LastLast
Results 11,671 to 11,680 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And this topic is trending today: U.S. Army to review gender-neutral physical fitness evaluation - UPI.com

A good time to revisit my take on this: Women in Ground Combat | Mark Rippetoe
    There's an easy fix for the fitness evaluation problem, just lower the passing standard out of existence for everyone.

Problem solved!

A tangential note on vaccination.

Quote Originally Posted by jonasfj70 View Post
    For the vaccine to have a real impact on the virus and for us to be able to return to normalcy, a certain percentage of the population needs to become immune.
    Let's agree on this. It follows, I think, that natural immunity, that is immunity acquired via previous exposure to CoVid, should count toward that target. And yet, as far as I know, vaccines are being given regardless of the immunization status of the receiver.
    I haven't heard a convincing explaination for this, although there might be one.

IPB

Several videos of the Dutch unleashing dogs and beating the shit out of anti-lockdown protestors:

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...75043292532736

But don't worry, they will thank these fine officers once they realize it was all done out of love and for their own good.

What do you mean? It is a clearly proven truth that diseases like polio or measles have been eliminated in large parts of the world due to a certain percentage of the population being vaccinated. The same principles apply for all vaccinations, thus also the covid-19 virus.
    Does it somehow make sense to you that polio, smallpox and measles vaccines are comparable to the COVID-19 vaccine, in either composition or necessity?

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Several videos of the Dutch unleashing dogs and beating the shit out of anti-lockdown protestors:

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...75043292532736

But don't worry, they will thank these fine officers once they realize it was all done out of love and for their own good.
    I only see one video.

I find it interesting that Dutch Police wear jeans and hoodies. I also don’t see anyone getting the shit beat out them but a woman does get pushed into a Van faster than the Van is moving, which is almost stopped.

Most of us take the side of your point but your evidence is poo.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    And in return we might be able to get him to eat a sandwich and stop doing stupid circus tricks under the guise of “functional fitness.”
    This is Anthony Colpo's response to you and others on this forum (yeah, I kinda know the guy)

As someone who works full time and is trying to finish three books, I
    simply don't have the time to participate in web/chat forums.

And even if I did, I wouldn't anyway, because I have an extremely low
    tolerance for stupidity.

I like and respect Mark and frequently recommend his books. But as a
    former forum owner, I know the best of intentions still doesn't keep the
    dopey types away from one's forum.

For example, the guy who claims I don't know the difference between
    correlation and causality ... when I've already explained the difference
    umpteen times on my website.

And the genius who thinks doing push-ups is akin to "doing stupid circus
    tricks under the guise of 'functional fitness.'” Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't
    realize doing push-ups with a couple of Olympic plates was akin to doing
    somersaults atop a prancing horse!

And I'm not sure what's with the "eat a sandwich" comment ... does this
    guy get titillated by watching other men eat ... ?

I simply don't have the requisite training in psychology to deal with
    that level of dumb.

Not everyone likes me or what I write. I think that would be true for
    most writers. I accepted that long ago, and I'd rather focus on
    researching and writing and let people make what they will of my
    writings.

Now it's time for me to go do some hardcore circus juggling under the
    guise of functional nutrition ... i.e. grilling meat while
    simultaneously roasting chips

Ciao,

Anthony.

Does the following code from startingstrength.com accomplish the same right here right now?
    <script type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
    (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
    m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
    })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-52619424-2', 'auto');
    ga('set', 'anonymizeIp', true);
    ga('send', 'pageview');
    //-->
    </script>
    It's in just about every web site on the Internet these days, so I think Google has it all. And, I suspect they no longer need IP addresses since browser fingerprints work pretty well.

What do you mean? It is a clearly proven truth that diseases like polio or measles have been eliminated in large parts of the world due to a certain percentage of the population being vaccinated. The same principles apply for all vaccinations, thus also the covid-19 virus.

"Looking for info yourself" is not enough. You need to put in work to determine if it is true or not. To merely digest information that support your bias is not the correct way.
    Interesting and loaded choice of words. But to your third sentence, have you yourself ever plotted or seen a comparison of the prevalence of those diseases against when the vaccines were introduced, particularly the impact their introduction had on disease prevalence? I think you might find that much like with things such as poverty, societal prejudice, and workplace hazards, they were already in decline, and drastically, prior to the intervention largely sponsored by the state and had a marginal if not negative impact. Basically, what I'm asking is, "have you put in the work to determine if what you just said is 'true' or not?"

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    I only see one video.
    They are there in the replies, but most require you to click past a "The following media includes potentially sensitive content" warning.