starting strength gym
Page 1174 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 1746741074112411641172117311741175117611841224127416742174 ... LastLast
Results 11,731 to 11,740 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    The Canadians have several problems, and I don't see how they will solve them. Your children actually belong to the state, and there is nothing you can do aboot it.

Father jailed after referring to biological female child as his daughter | The Post Millennial

Justice Mazari then summarily convicted Hoogland of family violence on the basis that he had declined to use his child's preferred masculine pronouns. Mazari authorized a warrant for Hoogland's arrest in the event that he ever used the correct sex pronouns to refer to his daughter again.

"In the Mazari ruling, it said that I can only think thoughts which are contrary to the Boden ruling. The court was gracious enough that they did not police my thoughts, but everything else they could," he said.

In 2019, Hoogland abided by the court order, hoping to get his daughter off testosterone. However, in January 2020, the highest court in British Columbia declared that the child should continue to take testosterone. It also imposed a conduct order on Hoogland that he must continue to refer to his biological female child by male pronouns.
    "What happens when the bubble explodes and the delusion ends… She can never go back to being a girl in the healthy body she should have had… These kids don't understand. What kind of 13 year old is thinking about having a family and kids?" He said, lamenting his child's stolen future.

Hoogland gave interviews to several Canadian commentators. The broadcasts were suppressed by digital platforms, and he was threatened with contempt of court proceedings.
    Police State.

The way Hoogland's child is described herein is intended to conform with Canadian laws against hate speech.

Re the Od1, Satch, George et al subthread:

If we had an objective, truthful, honest, investigative MSM with a lawful, constitutional vision....would this insurgency have made it this far? I'm NOT talking about a "conservative" media. I'm talking about a fair, American media.

For bonus, let's assume our education system no longer brainwashes our kids.

With those two things, where would we be today?

Does correcting those two problems require violence? I guess Arrests can be violent, but they don't have to be...especially white collar arrests...which is what this would be.

To me, the solution is simple. But, at this point, it requires our Generals to honor their oath:
    I (state your full name), having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of Second Lieutenant, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter, so help me God.
    Their obligation is very clear and the solution is quick and simple: Tribunals.

And, Od1, I put the blame of this mess squarely on the back of Americans. Foreign countries are gonna Fuckery...'cus that's what we do to them. Americans know better...IFF they aren't being brainwashed from birth by American Media and K12 Education camps. This is OUR fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham View Post
    Surprise! Our 2 "liberal" pro-lockdown, pro-EU, pro-immigration parties won the election.

People have forgotten violent crime exists because they read the legacy media and check their social media 50 times a day. They think "the glass ceiling" and police incidents where the victim happens to be black are the biggest problems in a world where the government decides which people are allowed to earn a living. I think secession will only prolong the inevitable. Our analog for secession being leaving the EU. It hasn't solved a thing for the UK. This mass propaganda machine won't be stopped until we blow it up. There's is no non-violent solution to this shit.
    Not only has Brexit failed to solve any of our problems, but we have seen record levels of non-EU migrants enter the UK under this same Conservative government since we voted to leave the EU. The solution is neither left, nor right. It's the Third Position.

This sums up so much and made me chuckle:
    https://twitter.com/AuronMacintyre/s...766982/photo/1

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The Canadians have several problems, and I don't see how they will solve them.
    I don't see it either. It has gone far. Is it too far? Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    I think this is the supposed source of that graphic, but Table 14 (pg. 13) doesn't seem to correspond to that graphic: https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cv18.pdf
    Where is the error? Am I egregiously missing something?

Image you're talking about: https://i.imgur.com/h3RHIcW.png
    Table 14 extracted from the BJS pdf: https://i.imgur.com/dk6JwaJ.png

First bar: Black on White. The BJS graph says a total 3,581,360 crimes against whites, and that 15.3% of crimes on whites are by blacks. The bar graph in the image says 547,948 crimes against whites, which is calculated by 3,581,360 * 0.153.

Second bar: Black on Hispanic. 734,410 total crimes against them. 15.3% by blacks. 734,410 * 0.153 = 112,365, which is what the image shows.

Third bar: White on Black. 563,940 total crimes against them. 10.6% by whites. 563,940 * 0.106 = 59,778, which is what the image shows.

And since we're now on this new kick of blaming whites for crimes against asians, notice the BJS chart also states that 27.5% of crime against asians is by blacks, while 24.1% of crimes against asians is by whites. Asian on asian crime also is 24.1% of the total crime against them, which is identical to white on asian.

13% of the population does 27.5% of the crime against asians. While the FBI in its media talking points tells us it's the fault of whites who do 24.1% of the crime against asians while being 60% of the population.

Specifically stated in the text on the same page:

The offender-to-victim ratio shows that the percentageof violent incidents involving black offenders (22%)was twice the percentage of incidents committedagainst black victims (11%).

When victims wereAsian, there were no statistically significant differencesbetween the percentage of incidents in which theoffender was perceived as Asian (24%), white (24%), orblack (27%).

theoffender-to-population ratio shows that the percentageof violent incidents involving black offenders (22%)was 1.8 times the percentage of black persons (12%) inthe population. In contrast, the percentage of violentincidents involving white (50%) or Hispanic (14%)offenders was about four-fifths (0.8 times) the percentageof whites (62%) or Hispanics (17%) in the population,and the percentage involving Asian offenders (2.5%) wasabout two-fifths (0.4 times) the percentage of Asians inthe population (6%).
    Whites aren't preying on anybody. It's another scam to justify stealing power by making people hate them so no one will care. "Vote for us! We'll protect you from those people who aren't doing anything to you!"

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Americans are gullible enough and easily swayed by evil people domestically, who have far more interest in the outcome than some bureaucrat in Beijing or Moscow.
    You’re probably right. I know several highly intelligent people that have been led to believe such utter nonsense this year that it makes me skeptical of everything. Shit that made sense months ago seems whack now.

I still don’t think the russian/chinese bots influence is leftist shit - there are a lot of no-nonsense folks, who preferred trump’s administration, in the military with a sheepdog mentality and they believe that creating awareness of these things is helping them gain support to protect the flock.

But it it just may be true that the sheepdogs are looking for wolves in the trees, while jackals have been inside the pen the whole time, feasting on the weak.
    Last edited by Soule; 03-18-2021 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Can’t spell

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Re the Od1, Satch, George et al subthread:

If we had an objective, truthful, honest, investigative MSM with a lawful, constitutional vision....would this insurgency have made it this far? I'm NOT talking about a "conservative" media. I'm talking about a fair, American media.

For bonus, let's assume our education system no longer brainwashes our kids.
    I suspect your time frame and mine for when this began to be very different. Mine starts at least in the turn of the 19th century and ramps up exponentially in the 1960's and then gets a dose of steroids thanks to technology in the 1990's and 2000's.

With those two things, where would we be today?
    An honest media and a good education system comes from a better culture, so we'd have to be better off in the first place to end up with those things as a result.

Does correcting those two problems require violence? I guess Arrests can be violent, but they don't have to be...especially white collar arrests...which is what this would be.
    What?

An arrest is always an act of violence. It is often justified, but even if the person surrenders without a particularly robust physical altercation, it is them surrendering to the ability for the lessor violence (of being forced to go where they'd rather not) to escalate to greater violence (potential death).

And freedom always requires the threat of eminent violence to exist. There is always someone somewhere looking to violate it for their own gain. Maybe there were times where you could just avoid their reach, but technology continually lowers the amount of effort needed to infringe on us with more and more ease.

To me, the solution is simple. But, at this point, it requires our Generals to honor their oath:

Their obligation is very clear and the solution is quick and simple: Tribunals.
    They've been breaking their oaths for how long now? Why keep it now?

This is why, although I hope that I am wrong, I don't see us saving ourselves either: I see no group threshold that will trigger an appropriate resonse that has not already been crossed. Sure some individuals may fight for there rights when the bad guys come knocking on their own door, but those people find themselves alone just like pretty much everyone thus far has.

And, Od1, I put the blame of this mess squarely on the back of Americans. Foreign countries are gonna Fuckery...'cus that's what we do to them. Americans know better...IFF they aren't being brainwashed from birth by American Media and K12 Education camps. This is OUR fault.
    One of my favorite Bible verses essentially says that the folks trying to corrupt Jesus couldn't do so because he didn't have anything they could get their claws into. But they did eventually kill him. So.....

The "brainwashing" anyone over 12 or so has experienced is only really possible because it comes with some type of a reward for the "victim". Even if that reward is just social approval from a certain group or groups.

Some of us just rather be right....or at least wrong for the right reasons.

Probably wind up like Jesus at this rate though.

NIH - Jan, 2021 - Facemasks in the COVID-19 era: A health hypothesis

The data suggest that both medical and non-medical facemasks are ineffective to block human-to-human transmission of viral and infectious disease such SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19, supporting against the usage of facemasks. Wearing facemasks has been demonstrated to have substantial adverse physiological and psychological effects. These include hypoxia, hypercapnia, shortness of breath, increased acidity and toxicity, activation of fear and stress response, rise in stress hormones, immunosuppression, fatigue, headaches, decline in cognitive performance, predisposition for viral and infectious illnesses, chronic stress, anxiety and depression. Long-term consequences of wearing facemask can cause health deterioration, developing and progression of chronic diseases and premature death.
    And,

NIH - Jan, 2021 - Facemasks in the COVID-19 era: A health hypothesis
    Long-term practice of wearing facemasks has strong potential for devastating health consequences. Prolonged hypoxic-hypercapnic state compromises normal physiological and psychological balance, deteriorating health and promotes the developing and progression of existing chronic diseases
    Masks are not effective, and they compromise health and promote chronic diseases.

Is this complicated?

Why is it acceptable to call the South African version of COVID “South African”, but it is not acceptable to call the Chinese version “Chinese”?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The Canadians have several problems, and I don't see how they will solve them. Your children actually belong to the state, and there is nothing you can do aboot it.
    It pains me to say it, but in a lot of parts of this country we're not too far away from that either, and we have a federal government currently aligned with that particular agenda. I don't know how we are going to solve it either, not without things getting a whole lot worse before they can get better.