starting strength gym
Page 1177 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 1776771077112711671175117611771178117911871227127716772177 ... LastLast
Results 11,761 to 11,770 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    The taser is yet again ineffective. Also again the mistake is made of letting the criminal reach into her car.
    Timestamped to 3:13. Bodycam Captures Shootout Between Woman and Nashville Officer in Tennessee - YouTube
    If only he showed as much restraint with the donuts as he did with drawing his weapon, then maybe this whole scenario could have been avoided.

The Price of Cowardice: Why we're scared for the pandemic to end

The pandemic has forced us into a massive social experiment. We've never been apart quite like this before. Has COVID fundamentally changed our social lives, or simply paused them? Nearly half of Americans say they feel uneasy thinking about in-person interaction once the pandemic ends, according to the American Psychological Association's 2021 Stress in America report. Adults who received a COVID-19 vaccine were just as likely as those who haven't been vaccinated to express unease.

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    If only he showed as much restraint with the donuts as he did with drawing his weapon, then maybe this whole scenario could have been avoided.
    Maybe. Likely not. Should he be in better physical shape? Absolutely.

But I don't give a shit who you are... you're not strong enough to pull that woman out if she doesn't want to come along. Certainly not while also dealing with the other variables.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin UK View Post
    The secret service could protect him from a terrorist attack, but not from falling down a set of steps and breaking his neck and for his age would have been fatal, that was a near miss. Strike one!

The taser is yet again ineffective. Also again the mistake is made of letting the criminal reach into her car.
    Timestamped to 3:13. Bodycam Captures Shootout Between Woman and Nashville Officer in Tennessee - YouTube
    Should not let officers work alone and whoever trains those cops needs to look at a fitness test for front line duties, that guy was too slow to move and if that sheila knew how to use that pop gun she had he would be dead.

"The Anchorage outrage was not an isolated incident. On the contrary, though it is early days yet in the Biden-Harris (or Harris-Biden) administration, a pattern of contempt for America and its leaders seems to be taking hold," writes
    @rogerkimball
    https://twitter.com/SpectatorUSA/sta...20201776603136
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ew2vpO-X...g&name=900x900

We're weak.

China knows it.

Russia knows it.

North Korea knows it.

And they think it's funny.

I can just picture them on a 3 way call laughing at Biden after he fell down repeatedly walking on stairs a day after he cowardly avoided a challenge to livestream a discussion with Putin that everyone knows he's incapable of doing, which is why Putin asked to do it.

They can see the weakness and they're moving on it.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    The secret service could protect him from a terrorist attack, but not from falling down a set of steps and breaking his neck and for his age would have been fatal, that was a near miss. Strike one!
    New video footage of the incident:

Trump golf ball hits Biden - YouTube

Um, your second sentence to me discredits all of this. If you watch the video from the beginning... multiple warrants, uncooperative and disobedient toward the officer, trying to hide evidence, drugs found in purse I believe, and trying to run away? Who's the criminal? Watching the entire video, the officer was more than patient and IMO waited too long to pull the trigger, she should've been put down.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    I have an ongoing vision problem, especially with contrast. Steps are particularly difficult. An all red carpet is a bad idea. I don’t think the president sees that well.

(For those who care, I use a vermillion tint which, I think, is better than yellow, which is preferred by shooters.)