starting strength gym
Page 1184 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 1846841084113411741182118311841185118611941234128416842184 ... LastLast
Results 11,831 to 11,840 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt James View Post
    Minnesota reports 89 COVID-19 cases in vaccinated individuals - StarTribune.com

Subheadline: "Doctors report less-severe illness when it does occur in patients following vaccination." Relevant quote: "None of these cases are among Minnesota's 6,798 COVID-19 deaths, including nine deaths reported Wednesday, and doctors said even those that were hospitalized had milder illness."

I'm not going to look up the statistics, but they've been telling us for a year that some unknown, but assuredly very large percentage (trust us) of infections are asymptomatic-- and you're telling me that people who got the vax and were hospitalized after subsequent infection had MILDER ILLNESS? How are we defining mild, here? Because, if we're going to tout anecdotal data, my elderly (late 70s) parents both had it, prior to the vaccine, and were not hospitalized. The neighbors down the road from them who are a few years older and with a slew of potential comorbidities both had it and were not hospitalized.

I'm not a "public health expert" but I wouldn't call an infection that puts you in the hospital "mild" by any stretch. Hell of a vaccine you got there.
    That's what I said essentially. Milder? Milder than what? Who can even say they wouldn't have had a similar or even BETTER outcome WITHOUT the "vaccine"?

Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    Your asseverations that I am not a supplier of some of the most integrative, far-reaching, and ambitious leftist critique ever authored on this forum, good sir, are what is tiresome.
    My version:
    Your argument that I don't criticize leftist views on this forum bothers me. (Isn't that better?)

This style of writing is likely someone trying to sound intelligent. Being brief and clear ...or more to your tortured style, brevity and lucidity are the pillars of good writing. If you study the best writers, you'll find they use short, simple words and short sentences. Generally, folks who use complex words and long sentences are trying to prove something that isn't true. Reading a post from someone using suspiciously uncommon words doesn't show intelligence. Rather, it likely shows self doubt.

Earlier, someone mentioned something like "you know how to use a thesaurus". I hereby dub ye... thesaurus boy!

I apologize in advance if this is a painful lesson... but it is a good lesson. And if we're just not smart enough to be suited to your language skills, maybe other places will work well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    ������ Right-wingers use big words sometimes too, I'll be watching to see if you complain... but you won't, because you're not insincerely fussing over ostensibly irksome aesthetic details rather than looking me in the eye, speaking from your chest, and telling me what your problem is.
    To be more clear then, by intentionally using uncommon words, you are attempting to make your “interlocutor” think that you are smarter than them, which is not only an ad hominem logic fallacy, but also makes you sound smug.

Congressman wants to force the military to take the vaccine. We were forced to take the Anthrax vaccine and years later, thousands of service members are still experiencing unexplained health problems.

Congressman asks Biden to make coronavirus vaccine mandatory for military troops - U.S. - Stripes

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I really hate racism.
    I do believe this is the current highest of all virtues, no.

It just show how upside down things are when it is one's opinion rather than one's actions that matter.

I worked with a guy for a few weeks who used "nigger" as a substitute for "black person" every single time, which kind of took me aback at the time. (I grew up around lots of blacks, so i heard the word all the time, but "nigger" was for "scumbag" and "nigga" was for "buddy/habibi"). Had lunch with the guy a few times and he treated every black person we encountered exactly like he treated every white person, which was with good manners and decency. In hindsight I can't say for sure what he thought about blacks in general, but that word would have him unemployed today for sure...unless he identified as black, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    If a white person, looking at those mugshots, noticed a pattern in terms of race, and commented aloud that said disproportionately represented racial group only made up 16% of the US population - now THAT would be racist.
    3% (Black males between 16-50). But yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Maybe $2k a month, forever, will solve the really big problems?
    stimulous.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    That's what I said essentially. Milder? Milder than what? Who can even say they wouldn't have had a similar or even BETTER outcome WITHOUT the "vaccine"?
    And what about the reactions to the "vaccine". Almost everyone I know who has got the vaccine has had a worse reaction to it than the folks I know who got Covid. And the dummies getting the vaccine still might get Covid anyway!

But thankfully folks like Dr. Fussy and Bill Gates will profit.

Here is an interesting take on our post-truth society: Bruce Charlton's Notions: Crossing the threshold at the millennium into a New Age

And this one is priceless: On Big Lies – The Orthosphere

Really. No shit. Read this one: On Big Lies – The Orthosphere

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Here is an interesting take on our post-truth society: Bruce Charlton's Notions: Crossing the threshold at the millennium into a New Age

And this one is priceless: On Big Lies – The Orthosphere

Really. No shit. Read this one: On Big Lies – The Orthosphere
    When someone says "there would be way too many people that would have to be in on it" to a "conspiracy theorist", the truth is that only a few have to be in on it and the rest just believe that there's no way that they could be lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    Congressman wants to force the military to take the vaccine. We were forced to take the Anthrax vaccine and years later, thousands of service members are still experiencing unexplained health problems.

Congressman asks Biden to make coronavirus vaccine mandatory for military troops - U.S. - Stripes
    They are trying really hard now to make our military consist of nothing but the absolute worst people. They will be terrible at fighting foreign threats but they'll probably be okay with taking their military hardware and using it against Americans.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    They are trying really hard now to make our military consist of nothing but the absolute worst people.
    At least in the army, it's already happened. Here's an article about a murder of an army captain by his ex-girlfriend, also a captain. I chose this particular news article about the event, because, while it left out the ranks, it did include the fact the boyfriend spent a lot of time at strip clubs and the rather vulgar language she used when confronting him. “She then allegedly yelled, “F*** you, Malcolm. When my n**** comes back from Afghanistan, Ima get him to shot yo a**.” The Army Times choose to leave out the language and any mention of strip clubs when reporting the event.

In what universe does a captain frequent strip joints and another captain feel free to publicly use that language? Mind you, there should be no doubt that enlisted soldiers watched this exchange, possible soldiers of whom, this captains had command authority.