starting strength gym
Page 1186 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 1866861086113611761184118511861187118811961236128616862186 ... LastLast
Results 11,851 to 11,860 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I've been following this thread from the very start.
    What a year.
    I don't have anything intelligent or new to contribute but I want to thank you, Mark and forum members, for this place of sanity. The world is insane. Here I can come and see that I am not the only one questioning the official narratives. Thank you everyone who has contributed links to articles, statistics and data that I would not otherwise have found on the wide world web.

I just stumbled over these two quotes

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - attributed to Aesop, ~600 BC.

"Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber." - Plato, ~400 BC.

It seems not much has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Here is an interesting take on our post-truth society: Bruce Charlton's Notions: Crossing the threshold at the millennium into a New Age
    Litmus Test

If I was China, I'd be making plans.
    They probably already are. Hell, for all we know, what's going on now could actually be part of them, given who's running the show here in the states now. Military officials have basically already said in interviews if China annexes Taiwan by force there's nothing we're going to be able to really do about it. They've been scouting us for years and know our preferred military strategies and have been working to deny us the ability to use them in that area. Every time we game it out we lose, real fast apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFox1 View Post
    When someone says "there would be way too many people that would have to be in on it" to a "conspiracy theorist", the truth is that only a few have to be in on it and the rest just believe that there's no way that they could be lying.
    Some folks are pretty dense.

The conspirators literal publish books with their plan and then we see them unfold and folks still cry about how centralized planning never works....when they have no idea how un-centralized things have to be or what "works" means. The first priority of the folks at the top of the food chain is destruction of the old ways and power for themselves. That always "works". The Commie utopias are just bait for the folks on the short bus to paradise.

If I was China, I'd be making plans.
    China has been running their plan for decades, if not centuries. I doubt they'd waste any effort invading us when they can just continue to work on the inside and watch the implosion.

I've read that the first rule of war is to recognize you are at war. Even now, most people don't recognize we are in a Global Unrestricted Covert 5th Generational War...which we are presently losing.

Perhaps the still defiant guys at Atilis Gym get it?
    Fox NY: Atilis Gym offering free memberships for anti-COVID vaxxers

Ian Smith of Atilis Gym in Bellmawr took to Twitter to announce the offer:
    "In light of @krispykreme giving free donuts for receiving the CVD shot, here at @TheAtilisGym we are giving out free memberships to all who don’t get vaccinated. We believe in health - the real way - exercise, good diet, plenty of Vitamin D, Zinc, and an environment to destress."
    ---
    Apparently the sheep are now being programmed with the phrase, Vaccine Hesistancy. Twitter: Emerald Robinson defines the phrase for us:
    "Vaccine hesitancy" is the new media phrase to describe the completely rational distaste for trusting any government product pushed by Fauci & Bill Gates.
    ----
    I'm sorry, but I have to ask because something ain't right about this performance:

Is that how a demented 78 year old moves? I'm sticking with my Sicilian Flu theory.

Quote Originally Posted by manis5 View Post
    This seems like foreshadowing of things to come.

Rutgers to require COVID vaccine for students in fall
    But not a flu shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cook View Post
    Finish your statement.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    China has been running their plan for decades, if not centuries. I doubt they'd waste any effort invading us when they can just continue to work on the inside and watch the implosion.
    I'm talking about the kind of plans that involve actual logistics. Like where are we going to stack the oiling vessels during the naval part of the invasion of Taiwan.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Yeah, it's a shitshow. The decline has been a long time in the making, that is true. But it's getting really bad now. They've got commissars trying to propagandize the troops now and eliminate anyone who's not on board with the political program. They are putting a lot of pressure on the good ones we've still got to just leave, or looking for excuses to kick them out. Things I have heard from people currently serving are pretty terrifying, both in terms of the political pressures and in how terribly ill prepared our people really are.
    I can sympathize with the Q people hoping for secret "white hats" in these institutions plotting a resistance. Unfortunately I'm coming to the conclusion that every last high level leader in the military is either a coward or a traitor. I will never get over the way they openly bragged about lying to the commander-in-chief about troop numbers. Also the way Esper openly defied Trump during the summer riots. No consequences. In any sane country, everyone responsible would be immediately removed and very likely executed.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    I can sympathize with the Q people hoping for secret "white hats" in these institutions plotting a resistance. Unfortunately I'm coming to the conclusion that every last high level leader in the military is either a coward or a traitor. I will never get over the way they openly bragged about lying to the commander-in-chief about troop numbers. Also the way Esper openly defied Trump during the summer riots. No consequences. In any sane country, everyone responsible would be immediately removed and very likely executed.
    This was the point of no return. Had the necessary purge been ordered, the orders would have been disobeyed, and a coup would have been formally declared, thus ending the republic. Maybe it would have been the best thing to have done.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

The lies are now so pervasive and enormous that they cannot be reversed: Parler Destroys the Big Tech Narrative on the Capitol Riot – PJ Media

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Dargatz View Post

I just stumbled over these two quotes

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - attributed to Aesop, ~600 BC.

"Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber." - Plato, ~400 BC.

It seems not much has changed.
    “Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you King”, Bob Dylan ~1980.

I always point out that human evolution changes very slowly. It's technology that has changed rapidly, not behavior. You are correct that much has not changed. That's scientific and predictable.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    That’s not unreasonable!
    Would you simply cut the $350B out of the budget? Or spend elsewhere, and if so on what?
    (2021 will be at least as anomalous as 2020)
    Not unreasonable, eh? Well try this on for size: One of the biggest things we need in this economy is relief for small business owners who deserve to be succeeding but can’t because of market forces imposed by transnat corps. The best way to counterbalance this is to use the revenue to increase the minimum wage sharply.* That way, working people will have enough disposable income to selectively patronize competent smaller enterprises that deserve to flourish. The vampires that have been sneaking by on government-subsidized labor (i.e. the ones that can’t exist without employing people for $11 an hour) can and should fail.

Quote Originally Posted by GammaFlat View Post
    My version:
    Your argument that I don't criticize leftist views on this forum bothers me. (Isn't that better?)
    No, it isn’t. And let me just say how bizarre it seems to me that you logged in to a thread where there were dozens of pages of granular discussion of the renowned economists and social theorists of the 19/20th centuries and started complaining about a guy using 4-syllable words.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFox1 View Post
    To be more clear then, by intentionally using uncommon words, you are attempting to make your “interlocutor” think that you are smarter than them, which is not only an ad hominem logic fallacy, but also makes you sound smug.
    If I told you, young man, that you should join together with us to chase the scourge of property ownership over the mountains, across the sunkissed plane, and as far offshore as we must to see it swallowed once and finally by the blackness of the western sea, then you would observe that the words still ring in that unmistakeable Haghstull key despite the absence of any of those “uncommon” words. What I mean to say, my friend, is that I just can’t help it—the way it spills out. All I can offer is the sincere promise that the only person on this forum that I’m confident I am smarter than is Kitsuma.

*To be clear, this means using the funding on more short-term unemployment and actually raising the salaries of government employees that made below the minimum.