starting strength gym
Page 1195 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 1956951095114511851193119411951196119712051245129516952195 ... LastLast
Results 11,941 to 11,950 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    But if it makes Robin feel better to think we are as fucked as he is, fine with me. Those poor bastards have no mechanism to walk any of this back.
    What mechanisms does the USA have to walk their murder victims back to life?

Quote Originally Posted by Robin UK View Post
    Yes, the USA is free and independent to have a murder rate four times higher than the UK. Both countries are currently fucked at the moment and need to sort their shit out.
    We also have 4 times the population. Don't worry, you keep letting the Islamists run your country you'll get there in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    ALSO, has anyone found legal language that allows us to get around the illegal muzzle mandates? I need to visit our consulate soon and I'm dreading playing their game just to get my documents processed.
    In the US, Americans with Disabilities Act laws protect allows for anyone with any disability full and equal access to all public amenities (to include stores with public access). These laws allow for the loosest definition of disability, meaning that if a mask makes it uncomfortable for you to breathe, then a “medical condition” makes it so that you can’t wear a mask. When you tell a business or government service that you have a medical condition, they are legally not allowed to inquire what it is and are legally obligated to give you the same service, or otherwise be subject to a $75,000-$100,000 fine. Imagine a business rejecting your patronage due to being in a wheel chair and then asking what condition forces you to have to use a wheel chair...

Why is the UK more fucked Jovan? Both the UK and the USA are modern powerful western democracies and people generally prefer to stay alive than being murdered - and they have a better chance of the former in the UK. If the higher statistical probability of you being murdered in the USA makes you happy, fine by me..
    Is your only metric not being murdered? I can leave my house and do what I want to do without a fucking mask. And I can protect myself from being murdered with my handy firearm I am "allowed" to carry. Again, what mechanism do you have to walk this shit back? You voted to leave the EU about 20 years ago, and it finally happened a couple of months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    We also have 4 times the population. Don't worry, you keep letting the Islamists run your country you'll get there in no time.
    The x4 murder rate statistic was per capita, Jenni. And last time I checked, I think Islamists constitute a bigger threat to US National Security than the UK’s given the couple of towers of yours that fell over on 9/11 killing a few thousand people. Run along and make the tea now, there’s a good girl and let the adults carry on talking.

Is your only metric not being murdered? I can leave my house and do what I want to do without a fucking mask. And I can protect myself from being murdered with my handy firearm I am "allowed" to carry. Again, what mechanism do you have to walk this shit back? You voted to leave the EU about 20 years ago, and it finally happened a couple of months ago.
    ....and yet there you are, not wearing a mask in a country where you’re four times more likely to get murdered than mine. What mechanism do you have to walk all your murder victims back to life?

Okay, Robin. Just sit on your couch and enjoy your safety.

Not being murdered I think is a pretty important metric to most people. Both countries are fucked at the moment Rip, there are no winners here. Like I said, at least we are not French or Canadian - and that’s a huge win for any sane human!

God, we people who can walk outside every day and not get murdered here in the United States amongst our 3.8 million square miles of total land area have it so bad. Shit, the only 80,000 square miles the British enjoy must be so liberating.

And last time I checked, I think Islamists constitute a bigger threat to US National Security than the UK’s given the couple of towers of yours that fell over on 9/11 killing a few thousand people. Run along and make the tea now, there’s a good girl and let the adults carry on talking.
    Ah, yes, pretentiousness- the last bastion of those without an actual argument. The towers were knocked down 20 years ago, meanwhile a full third of your country is apparently sick of the Islamists and their Sharia laws. 900 British passport holders traveled to Syria to fight for ISIS and your government continues to allow the fundraising and recruitment within its borders.

I have friends in the UK, in London and Brighton. Their life isn't a lot different than mine except in ways that are important to me. I don't want to merely survive and not be murdered. I want to live my life my way. Your system doesn't value that as much as I do. You may not realize this, being obsessed with tea as you are, but I don't feel in danger when I leave my home. Stats don't ever paint a complete picture even when they are accurate. I don't walk around scared of being murdered. Freedom is what's important to me and very few places have much of it left. Freedom is the one thing none of the countries offer a lot of these days, but I have more here for things that matter to me than I'd have in the UK. I can afford to drive my car here. I can afford to have a yard. An actual yard, not a 4x4 plot of grass in front of the house. But it doesn't much matter because the UK would rather have Islamic people than white folks whose ancestors were from there. Let's assume for a minute all your arguments are correct- so? It's not like we can all fit in the UK, is it? Your snapshot of a moment in time, your attitude that the only thing that matters is not being murdered- what's it worth? It only matters to people who value surviving over thriving. But by all means, treat us to another round of cheeky remarks- those so prove your point.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    Speaking of two things that can't simultaneously be true: 1) MEH is a good boy doing whatever the shepherds tell him in order to get their permission to do what they tell him.
    I have to thank you for letting me live rent free in your head to the extent you seem concerned about my choices. Which is more than a little ironic given your past confusion of Marks when you attributed a post I made to Rippetoe. Not to mention your more recent use of the term I coined here of Lady Clinton. I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

But this use of the term "good boy", it is to wound it being so biting, clever, and edgy. When you get your annual flu shot are you being a good boy? Are you old enough yet to get a colonoscopy? Or are you tantruming your against these as well simply because "they" say so? Get a grip and start acting more like an adult instead of a pissed off teenager.

I got those shots, as I explained once already, because I'll be getting a regular flu shot later this year. If this concerns you so much, what will you do when the inevitable combination of the Kung Flu shot gets incorporated into the regular flu shot? Keep holding your breath and kicking your heels against the floor?

If you read the whole post I made on this, you might note that I have some interests that having those shots make possible. Like coaching Special Olympians. No shot, no coaching. Now no one has specifically stipulated this to me, but it doesn't take a great leap to know it's pretty likely. Same with teaching Jujitsu at the local park district.

You don't want the shots, hey fine. No skin off me. That's your business. Likewise all the blood and thunder you keep spouting about dooooom. I've been through this before in the 70's. Your memory of that time may be dim, if you were even born then.