starting strength gym
Page 1197 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 1976971097114711871195119611971198119912071247129716972197 ... LastLast
Results 11,961 to 11,970 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Rape culture, I suppose. I wonder who could be committing these crimes?
    Importing millions of people into the UK from shithole countries where a rape culture actually exists probably didn't help too much.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    US crime prevention is mostly on the state and city level.
    Mostly correct, but at the city and county level. The state level is (lets face it) more about traffic control on the state highways and interstates than street crime. The state bulls get involved with only the biggest stuff like riots when needed or to backstop some less well funded local yokel departments or the county mounties.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    You can be in the vast majority of the US with zero concern even in the "dangerous" cities because you're not part of the demographic that kills and gets killed.
    Even in the dangerous cities, the problems occur mostly in clearly defined areas and among the demographics you mention. Even then, the time frames, mostly as it gets dark, are a real key to what happens to who, where, and when.

Has anyone who's received an mRNA-based vaccine experienced significant inflammation/pain at the injection site? I received the vaccine a couple of days ago and my arm has been quite sore/tender.

I tried benching today and it felt like I was going to injure myself with just the empty bar. I know another person who received the vaccine last week, benched a few days after and tore something in his shoulder (the same shoulder where the vaccine was injected) on his work sets. He had a pre-existing shoulder injury, but perhaps the inflammation due to the vaccination played a role.

Can anyone with more knowledge in the area comment? [1] suggests that the lipids in the vaccine are highly inflammatory, but I only gave it a brief skim. They also report the inflammation is generally even worse on the booster shot, so guess I have more arm pain to look forward to next month.

[1] The mRNA-LNP platform’s lipid nanoparticle component used in preclinical vaccine studies is highly inflammatory | bioRxiv

Quote Originally Posted by zft View Post
    They also report the inflammation is generally even worse on the booster shot, so guess I have more arm pain to look forward to next month.
    Because you have no choice about this. You are powerless in the face of this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Because you have no choice about this. You are powerless in the face of this situation.
    I got the vaccine for the the piece of paper that says I got the vaccine; inflammation in my arm is worth being "allowed" to train.

I have few reasons for being unhappy or sad, but stupidly (over) exposing myself to the madness that is the internet, leads me to seeking sources of humour to cheer myself up. One such source for me is David Thorne.

While I don't expect this type of humour to appeal to everyone, this particular page made me laugh, while also being semi-relevant to the topic of a world gone mad.

"Dear Maggie,
    I do understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense. Discipline is the key to conformity and it is important that we learn not to question authority at an early age.
    Just this week I found a Sue Townsend novel in Seb's bag that I do not believe is on the school approved reading list. Don't concern yourself about it making its way to the school though as we attended a community book burning last night. Although one lady tried to ruin the atmosphere with comments regarding Mayan codices and the Alexandrian Libraries, I mentioned to the High Magus that I had overheard her discussing spells to turn the village cow's milk sour and the mob took care of the rest."

The Australian state of Queensland locked itself down for 3 days on Monday, because of a handful of cases in the capital of Brisbane. Apparently my brother, who lives 1700km away (1050 miles) in the north of the state, must now wear a mask.

He found that amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    Ah, yes, pretentiousness- the last bastion of those without an actual argument. The towers were knocked down 20 years ago, meanwhile a full third of your country is apparently sick of the Islamists and their Sharia laws. 900 British passport holders traveled to Syria to fight for ISIS and your government continues to allow the fundraising and recruitment within its borders.

I have friends in the UK, in London and Brighton. Their life isn't a lot different than mine except in ways that are important to me. I don't want to merely survive and not be murdered. I want to live my life my way. Your system doesn't value that as much as I do. You may not realize this, being obsessed with tea as you are, but I don't feel in danger when I leave my home. Stats don't ever paint a complete picture even when they are accurate. I don't walk around scared of being murdered. Freedom is what's important to me and very few places have much of it left. Freedom is the one thing none of the countries offer a lot of these days, but I have more here for things that matter to me than I'd have in the UK. I can afford to drive my car here. I can afford to have a yard. An actual yard, not a 4x4 plot of grass in front of the house. But it doesn't much matter because the UK would rather have Islamic people than white folks whose ancestors were from there. Let's assume for a minute all your arguments are correct- so? It's not like we can all fit in the UK, is it? Your snapshot of a moment in time, your attitude that the only thing that matters is not being murdered- what's it worth? It only matters to people who value surviving over thriving. But by all means, treat us to another round of cheeky remarks- those so prove your point.
    ...said the dame who lives in a country in which some areas makes abortion illegal. But hey, you have a nice yard.

Well, after anither string if murders last week in Ausghanistan, I finally “pulled the trigger” on getting a concealed carry. Defunding the police hasn’t worked out so well and many of us realize it’s time to be armed.

Sig P365xl with IWB holster. Can’t even tell I’m carrying. Got the last one and the last box of ammo at academy sports.

On a related note, does anyone know the penalties for getting caught carrying without an ltc? It’s probably a misdemeanor anywhere in texas besides Austin.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    All you have to do is not live in a handful of areas and the murder rate is not really a problem.
    The context of this was specifically comparing international murder rates.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    Well, after anither string if murders last week in Ausghanistan, I finally “pulled the trigger” on getting a concealed carry. Defunding the police hasn’t worked out so well and many of us realize it’s time to be armed.

Sig P365xl with IWB holster. Can’t even tell I’m carrying. Got the last one and the last box of ammo at academy sports.

On a related note, does anyone know the penalties for getting caught carrying without an ltc? It’s probably a misdemeanor anywhere in texas besides Austin.
    Do you means Australia or Afghanistan? To my knowledge we have never been called Ausghanistan, but if we get more Moslem migrants I guess our name will have to comply with the politically correct as we hoist the crescent moon over our once peaceful nation.