starting strength gym
Page 1199 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 1996991099114911891197119811991200120112091249129916992199 ... LastLast
Results 11,981 to 11,990 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    what will you do when the inevitable combination of the Kung Flu shot gets incorporated into the regular flu shot? Keep holding your breath and kicking your heels against the floor?
    I guess it largely depends on whether they make the Covid flu shot mandatory, expressly or in in implied way. As it stands now, I will continue to listen to my mom, who is of the position that Covid vaccines are “legalized murder” and that my sister and me should not get them even if they don’t let us travel. My mom is your age.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    He means Austin, TX.

And just in case you missed this the first time: So You Want To Believe The So-Called 'Experts'? in [Market-Ticker]
    Austin TX. Right I get it, where else would one want an open carry license. The link you provided most of it is overwhelming, however I am becoming covid weary, anyhow do you have "Krispy Kremes" in Texas? You do!

"In case you needed another reason to get your COVID-19 vaccination, Krispy Kreme is sweetening the deal — it's giving free doughnuts to anyone with proof of vaccination, all year long."

Krispy Kreme will give you a free doughnut every day this year — if you've been vaccinated - CBS News

You folk over there really know how to get every one into the spirit of the occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by zft View Post
    I got the vaccine for the the piece of paper that says I got the vaccine; inflammation in my arm is worth being "allowed" to train.
    Why did you put the quotation marks around "allowed"?

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    With a crucial difference. You see how none of these people is a fat slob? You get that when the global sugar industry doesn’t get a say, quite unlike the new normal planned for the formerly capitalist world.
    Aside from the fact that they simply don't have enough food to become a fat slob, you are right.

Despite the horrific consequences of life in North Korea being tattooed on the faces of its citizens with that soulless, dead stare they all have, I envy the country for it's freedom to pursue self-determination on the national level.
    I envy the fact that the people and culture have been able to protect themselves from the forces that are destroying Europe and the US.
    I even wonder if the current generation of North Koreans is somehow knowingly making a tremendous sacrifice so that their people, their nation and their heritage will survive into the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin UK View Post
    ...To clarify: would you enjoy it if the USA had a lower murder rate than it currently does - yes or no?
    That's a really good question; I am strongly leaning towards answering "no".
    A really low murder rate doesn't mean what you seem to think it means:
    Murder rate in prison: Is it safer to be jailed than free?

Has anyone who's received an mRNA-based vaccine experienced significant inflammation/pain at the injection site? I received the vaccine a couple of days ago and my arm has been quite sore/tender.
    I tried benching today and it felt like I was going to injure myself with just the empty bar. I know another person who received the vaccine last week, benched a few days after and tore something in his shoulder (the same shoulder where the vaccine was injected) on his work sets. He had a pre-existing shoulder injury, but perhaps the inflammation due to the vaccination played a role.
    Can anyone with more knowledge in the area comment? [1] suggests that the lipids in the vaccine are highly inflammatory, but I only gave it a brief skim. They also report the inflammation is generally even worse on the booster shot, so guess I have more arm pain to look forward to next month.
    [1] The mRNA-LNP platform’s lipid nanoparticle component used in preclinical vaccine studies is highly inflammatory | bioRxiv
    I was strongly tempted to just laugh at this one.
    This reaction is such a well-known and strong response to mRNA injections in general that it shouldn't be called a side effect; it is a normal and unavoidable response to the vaccine.
    It is the reason 80% of people get a fever after taking an mRNA vaccine, regardless of the mRNA delivery vehicle.
    Yes, runaway inflammatory responses can cause a wide range of unpredictable issues.

I am also guessing an increase in heamophilia cases will be apperent within the next 2-5 years.

No, Robin, you poor scared thing. I'd much rather take the miniscule chance of not being able to defend my armed self from a murderer than be in a large totalitarian prison I could not leave.
    ...said the man who lives in country whereby the President sits in power because millions of voters’ votes weren’t “allowed” to count. Nice freedoms.

Rape culture, I suppose. I wonder who could be committing these crimes?
    Alabama perhaps?

What IS closed indefinitely are the lives of your many, many murder victims and all abortion clinics in Alabama. Cool.
    You keep banging on this murder rate thing. There are a lot of ways to die and being shot isn’t one that particularly concerns the vast majority of people. Even if we have a rate 4 times higher than the UK, we’re still not talking about a large number. We’re talking .000053 vs .000015 or something. So what the fuck is actually your beef here?

...said the dame who lives in a country in which some areas makes abortion illegal. But hey, you have a nice yard.
    I must say, THAT is a withering counterargument. Carry on.

Has anyone who's received an mRNA-based vaccine experienced significant inflammation/pain at the injection site? I received the vaccine a couple of days ago and my arm has been quite sore/tender.

I tried benching today and it felt like I was going to injure myself with just the empty bar. I know another person who received the vaccine last week, benched a few days after and tore something in his shoulder (the same shoulder where the vaccine was injected) on his work sets. He had a pre-existing shoulder injury, but perhaps the inflammation due to the vaccination played a role.

Can anyone with more knowledge in the area comment? [1] suggests that the lipids in the vaccine are highly inflammatory, but I only gave it a brief skim. They also report the inflammation is generally even worse on the booster shot, so guess I have more arm pain to look forward to next month.

[1] The mRNA-LNP platform’s lipid nanoparticle component used in preclinical vaccine studies is highly inflammatory | bioRxiv
    I received both doses of the Pfizer vaccine and experienced soreness/inflammation at the injection site for 2-3 days after both shots. I don’t recall the second coming with noticeably more inflammation, though it definitely left me more fatigued than the first the next day. I got the second dose 3 weeks ago today and have felt totally normal since the 3 or so days after my second dose.

Not advising anyone on what to do, just sharing my experience.

I got the vaccine for the the piece of paper that says I got the vaccine; inflammation in my arm is worth being "allowed" to train.
    It's just embarrassing that people roll over this easily. I'm sitting here mentally preparing to lose my entire career over this thing (hopefully it doesn't come to that), and I don't even care if it's safe or not. If we submit to medical tyranny, there will be no turning back. We will officially be livestock. But on the bright side, if you're a good enough boy, maybe they'll continue allowing you to train in your pen.

starting strength coach development program
    Just so's you'll know, we will not let this thread drift into abortion. Stop right now.
    I feel like the topic is irrelevant to the fact he blatantly ignored that some states have certain laws while others may be entirely different, and while we may disagree vehemently... you get to move to a state you like here. And that we're mighty touchy about our federal government getting all uppity and The-Crown-like.