starting strength gym
Page 1202 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 2027021102115211921200120112021203120412121252130217022202 ... LastLast
Results 12,011 to 12,020 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    So your AR-15 will be the first to go after Biden bypasses the congress and makes an executive decision, then will come concealable firearms and you will be like the rest of us with on open carry only for your cell phone.
    You don't understand us, wal.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFox1 View Post
    It makes perfect sense on your own property. Those who know you don’t get nervous, and those who don’t can get the hell away from your property.
    I open carry fairly often. It’s relatively common around here.

I do too, but not in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    While I don't consider my getting the shots having rung the bell and leaving some elite group, I understand that others have strong convictions that I don't agree with in this instance. Smells too much like anti-vaxxing to me. Moving on.
    So naive. I am 63, no anti-vaxxer, and able to think for myself despite an ivy-league law degree. I will not get the "vaccine" because: 1) I am healthy and not an obese lump; 2) the reporting on deaths from COVID-19 is suspect given the perverse monetary incentives for hospitals to categorize deaths as caused by COVID; 3) these (Moderna and Pfizer) are not vaccines but gene therapy of a type that has never before worked; 4) it remains an experimental therapy that was rushed out without any study of long-term effects, particularly on the immune system; 5) big pharma -- an industry sector whose actors sometimes -- too often -- can't be distinguished from criminals is making and stands to make billions of dollars off these "vaccines"; 6) the federal government has given big pharma a waiver of any liability whatsoever for negative consequences from these "vaccines"; 7) I don't trust the government to accurately report the side effects from these "vaccines" because the government never admits being wrong; 8) established science is being discarded, e.g., herd immunity from actual infection apparently is now not as good as getting a "vaccine" that only mimics the spike protein and not the whole virus; and 9) there is a concerted PR campaign and misreporting designed to instill fear and hysteria in the populace to condition the people to obey, and to pressure private businesses to do in effect what the government is barred from doing itself (government cannot mandate that people take an experimental drug or therapy, but Wal-Mart can prohibit you from entering the premises without your passport). Finally, I used to be in law enforcement and always tended to give law enforcement the benefit of the doubt in any situation (saying that once got me bounced from a jury panel), but I am increasingly concerned that law enforcement personnel do not have the cojones to stand up to absurd restrictions (in LA the television can be on in a bar or restaurant, but no live entertainment) that can easily progress to totalitarian oppression. I will not go along for as long as I can hold out.

Hurling is dangerously close to one of these guys who says, "If you're not doing anything wrong, why do you care if they're spying on you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Robin UK View Post
    Why? Because certain relevant facts and truths hurt peoples’ feelings or damages their fundamental arguments about freedom? Smells cowardice to me...

Haghstall seems to have engaged his voodoo doll which has gotten this Brit to go on a tear about nothing... y'all never should've banhammered Hagh; he was at least entertaining and erudite instead of whiny and shrill, with this banal Brit sucking all joy, relevant arguments, and metaphor out of the conversation.

What's your deal with America(....fuck yeah!), Robin?

Oops, here's the link for those who were too old when South Park was hitting it big, to catch the reference:
    Team America: World Police - America (Fuck Yeah) - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Hurling is dangerously close to one of these guys who says, "If you're not doing anything wrong, why do you care if they're spying on you?"
    Hurling’s one of those guys who’s OK with wrong think, just not too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    So am I. I learned working for UPS (a long time ago) that the best markings for theft deterrence is to not insure the package followed by not labeling fragile. Hide in plain sight. Power in numbers.

Working in national security has some trade offs. It’s not for everyone but it is rational.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    While I don't consider my getting the shots having rung the bell and leaving some elite group, I understand that others have strong convictions that I don't agree with in this instance. Smells too much like anti-vaxxing to me. Moving on.
    I'm pro-vax. You want them, get them!

I've just never had one only because I was impossible to catch and hold down as a kid. The Adults did have me in "catch parties". We wrestled, and then we got sick. I've not been "sick" from a virus in decades. I'd like to keep it that way.

So, I prefer to keep mother nature's miraculous OEM engineering stock FOR MYSELF. It is an impressive machine, you know.

My issue: these Covid shots are being marketed with fascism. Don't ever tell me what I MUST do to MY body. It is mine. Mine is a very powerful word...at least it was in the 70s.

My body. My choice. (hmmm...where did I hear that before?)

Re your comparison to the 70s: I remember the 70s from the perspective of a beer bong. We had no problems like this^. We were Freebirds. I still am.