starting strength gym
Page 1204 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 2047041104115411941202120312041205120612141254130417042204 ... LastLast
Results 12,031 to 12,040 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    ....The CONVERSATIVE government is also responsible for the biggest influx of non-European LEGAL migrants, ever, on record.
    There ARE no-go areas in the UK. ... Mo and his wife just had their 6th kid, and your tax £ funded them. Wake up mate.
    This is the same in the US; It has become undeniable after the stolen election that the Republicans are just as responsible for tearing apart our country as the leftists.
    Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama. R,D,R,D... fundamentally the same policies marketed with different talking points; Two sides of the same coin.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin UK View Post
    ...but Syria ISN’T in Europe...
    Is this the sense of ironic humour that ethnic Brits are famous for?

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    They seem to have good teeth too, even the drawer-jawed drunk at the pool. Just sayin.
    Ha. The most common jokes I see surrounding North Korean documentaries are about hoping their government-assigned spouse has all of their teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    If you are new to carrying I would recommend against this. I would suggest carrying daily and practicing your draw and target acquisition every morning (dry fire practice, aiming at something that you wouldn’t be heartbroken if you neglected to verify that your weapon is unloaded). For at least a month or so. Otherwise it will always feel foreign when you carry and you won’t know what to do if you actually need it.
    I’ve been practicing. My buddy, a former army ranger, has been coaching me. I’ve also had a handgun since I was 14 and an AR since the age of 11. Not my first rodeo, but this is my first gun that I intend to concealed carry.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    You folk in the US have a 2nd Amendment, but here in Aus there is no such thing, the last mass shooting years ago in Tasmania removed most firearms after a gun amnesty and buy back scheme, a plan I might add is being considered by the folk in Washington DC. So your AR-15 will be the first to go after Biden bypasses the congress and makes an executive decision, then will come concealable firearms and you will be like the rest of us with on open carry only for your cell phone.
    I think you are overlooking an often talked about firearm related mishap known as a "tragic boating accident".

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    I’ve been practicing. My buddy, a former army ranger, has been coaching me. I’ve also had a handgun since I was 14 and an AR since the age of 11. Not my first rodeo, but this is my first gun that I intend to concealed carry.
    Not the first time he's been mentioned, but John Lovell over at the Warrior Poet society has some excellent drills online to practice in relation to conceal carry.
    It's never going to prepare you fully for the real thing, but it all helps!

Employers can't require Covid-19 vaccination under an EUA - STAT

Under current law, neither the government nor the private sector can make you take the "vaccine" -- but both can make your life miserable if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by UberBabs View Post
    Employers can't require Covid-19 vaccination under an EUA - STAT

Under current law, neither the government nor the private sector can make you take the "vaccine" -- but both can make your life miserable if you don't.
    This is interesting. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by strongmonkey View Post
    Not the first time he's been mentioned, but John Lovell over at the Warrior Poet society has some excellent drills online to practice in relation to conceal carry.
    It's never going to prepare you fully for the real thing, but it all helps!
    Thanks, I’ll check it out. Drillers are killers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I see what you mean, wal. You think that because they want to, they actually can.
    Did you ever think these two would be occupying the White House 12 months ago? Bet the bill is already drafted and ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    I’ve put years of thought into this and the dramatic increase in crime and lack of police in my city made me decide that carrying,
    Also, eat a bag of dicks you opinionated, presumptuous asshat. You don’t know shit.
    You've put years of thought into this, yet a very quick search reveals a decreasing crime rate in Austin [1]. This most recent annual report is from 2018, but the APD also publishes monthly reports [2], of specific interest is the one from December 2020 [3], which gives annual figures for 2020 and 2019. [1] reports on total violent crime, which [3] does not explicitly. But [1] defines precisely what constitutes violent crime, which we can now extrapolate from [3]:

2020:
    Murder: 47
    Rape: 291
    Robbery: 1,109
    Aggravated Assault: 3,193
    -------------------
    Total: 4640

2019:
    Murder: 33
    Rape: 334
    Robbery: 1,057
    Aggravated Assault: 2,612
    -------------------
    Total: 4036

[4] gives the population of Austin as almost exactly 10^6 so this gives us violent crime rates per 100,000 of

2020: 464
    2019: 404

Comparing this to the historical data on page 3 of [1] and we see that while 2020's rate is somewhat elevated in comparison to the 2012-2018 period, 2019's rate is right in line and the general trend of violent crime is decreasing in Austin, Texas. There is no dramatic increase and the trend remains downwards.

I don't know shit, yet apparently I know more than you do about the crime rate in the city you live in, after 10 minutes of research. Maybe I'm opinionated, but at least my opinions are grounded in reality, unlike yours.

[1] https://www.austintexas.gov/sites/de...2019_FINAL.pdf
    [2] Chief's Monthly Reports | AustinTexas.gov
    [3] https://www.austintexas.gov/sites/de...r_EXTERNAL.pdf
    [4] Demographics | AustinTexas.gov

starting strength coach development program
    Tonal makes a “smart” (read: wretched) at-home resistance training device, priced at $3000. You already know, from first principles, that it is not, and will never be, useful strength equipment for anyone - even the aging Pelomoms cited in their pitch decks. I know, from trying it briefly at a local mall, that it has horrible build quality, and shudders aggressively unless you adhere to its awkward, inefficient bar paths.

Thanks to COVID-19, Tonal just
    raised $250M at a $1.6B valuation. This amount has been effectively stolen from the better part of the fitness industry.