starting strength gym
Page 1205 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 2057051105115511951203120412051206120712151255130517052205 ... LastLast
Results 12,041 to 12,050 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Did you ever think these two would be occupying the White House 12 months ago? Bet the bill is already drafted and ready to go.
    And here we have a demonstration of one of the fundamental differences between 'Mericans and the rest of the first world. You and Coach are talking past one another because you can't grasp why that doesn't matter a hill of beans to us and we can't explain it any clearer. You can't scare an American with laws. Especially southern and westerners. We're the original outlaws. We ran shine. We skirted naval blockades and opened speakeasies. You can't physically take our guns and if you did it wouldn't matter as long as hardware stores or that one dude out in the county with a welder exists.

We don't want shit to go sideways. I think I speak for most everybody when I say that. I'd like to see everyone have certain declared rights. And I'd like to see the rest of the population come along with me on keeping those rights. But nobody worth his salt is afraid of being on the wrong side of an unjust law. You don't seem to understand that there's no way to make some of us bend the knee. None. It doesn't matter what you think is coming or what executive order or bill. At some point some of us just do not bend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Hurling is dangerously close to one of these guys who says, "If you're not doing anything wrong, why do you care if they're spying on you?"
    He went along with some restrictions. Once they get them to do this, next round they will go along with all of the restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    Tonal makes a “smart” (read: wretched) at-home resistance training device, priced at $3000. You already know, from first principles, that it is not, and will never be, useful strength equipment for anyone - even the aging Pelomoms cited in their pitch decks. I know, from trying it briefly at a local mall, that it has horrible build quality, and shudders aggressively unless you adhere to its awkward, inefficient bar paths.
    Thanks to COVID-19, Tonal just
    raised $250M at a $1.6B valuation. This amount has been effectively stolen from the better part of the fitness industry.
    From my perspective, this is just as much about how broken and corrupt our financial system has become as it is about idiocy in the fitness industry.

The three most important fronts the Covid19 battle is now being fought upon:

1.Financial Decentralization: If we hope to make any inroads against the current regime, we must regain control of the financial system or at least avoid selling them the rope they use to hang us.
    This can be broken down into three primary objectives:
    -Decentralization away from traditional currency, payment processing and financial institutions
    -Deligitimization of the broken and monopolistic public markets system
    -Distrust of the corrupt and punitive taxation apparatus

Partial victories of 10% or less could be sufficient.

2.Surveillance state countermeasures:
    We don't have to completely disrupt the surveillance state, we just have to resist enough to slow down the machine; the FBI is concerned about falsified Covid vaccination records because of the thinking patterns it introduces into the population.

3.Alternative and or anonymous media:
    Their propaganda becomes much less effective if alternative viewpoints can be easily found, without fear of punishment.

2nd Amendment protections, military and police control are the primary targets for the leftists, but each of those areas is so thoroughly entrenched against them in the former United States that they shouldn't be able to make any large territory gains in the near future without risking open war.

Territory gains in the areas of the Financial system, surveillance state and media, however could be achieved relatively quickly.

Tonal makes a “smart” (read: wretched) at-home resistance training device, priced at $3000. You already know, from first principles, that it is not, and will never be, useful strength equipment for anyone - even the aging Pelomoms cited in their pitch decks. I know, from trying it briefly at a local mall, that it has horrible build quality, and shudders aggressively unless you adhere to its awkward, inefficient bar paths.

Thanks to COVID-19, Tonal just
    raised $250M at a $1.6B valuation. This amount has been effectively stolen from the better part of the fitness industry.
    That shit has always been around and their target audience has 0% overlap with those that are interested in real training. The only thing that's being stolen is the livelihood of those suffering under a lockdown.

Of course, Robin UK thinks having to pay for other peoples healthcare is a better metric for freedom than being able to resist a lockdown. Something that pockets of the USA are doing a lot better than Europe or the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin UK View Post
    Not being murdered I think is a pretty important metric to most people. Both countries are fucked at the moment Rip, there are no winners here. Like I said, at least we are not French or Canadian - and that’s a huge win for any sane human!
    Equally "fucked", got it.

No Jovan, the UK coronavirus bill legislation expires in one year, hardly anyone is wearing masks outside, the vaccination refusal rate is high, many defy the order in areas they are told to wear a mask and thousands of people are still going on holiday in the UK thus circumnavigating the travel restrictions by booking appointments to view a property for intended purchase abroad which they never intend to attend.
    So the UK isn't as "fucked"? Which one is it?

People generally don't wear masks outside in other countries, but you can't know this because you're not allowed to travel. I don't think it can be argued that the tourism industry and related businesses have been crushed.

I'm sure there won't be a new bill and everything will go back to normal once you've all complied and taken your vaccine.

...said the man who lives in country whereby the President sits in power because millions of voters’ votes weren’t “allowed” to count. Nice freedoms.
    The Dutch elections had mail-ins for the first time, of which a significant portion were deemed "wrongfully cast" or whatever. You haven't had the pleasure yet of noticing the anti-lockdown vote is smaller than the resistance you've been encountering because your election will be in 2024, not because the US is uniquely "fucked".

Just like the millions of guns which account for the vast majority of the USA’s comparatively high homicide rate didn’t help too much with said murder rate. We are where we are.
    Why? Because certain relevant facts and truths hurt peoples’ feelings or damages their fundamental arguments about freedom? Smells cowardice to me...
    Do you think being able to freely discuss the "a" word is a better metric for freedom than the constitutional right of owning a gun? The former is legal in the US btw. It's just house rules is all.

I think it's very admirable that you're defending your country, but you've been getting wound up and are saying contradicting silliness as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    And here we have a demonstration of one of the fundamental differences between 'Mericans and the rest of the first world. You and Coach are talking past one another because you can't grasp why that doesn't matter a hill of beans to us and we can't explain it any clearer. You can't scare an American with laws. Especially southern and westerners. We're the original outlaws. We ran shine. We skirted naval blockades and opened speakeasies. You can't physically take our guns and if you did it wouldn't matter as long as hardware stores or that one dude out in the county with a welder exists.

We don't want shit to go sideways. I think I speak for most everybody when I say that. I'd like to see everyone have certain declared rights. And I'd like to see the rest of the population come along with me on keeping those rights. But nobody worth his salt is afraid of being on the wrong side of an unjust law. You don't seem to understand that there's no way to make some of us bend the knee. None. It doesn't matter what you think is coming or what executive order or bill. At some point some of us just do not bend.
    I think it does matter. The US is really the last outpost of freedom in this world and therefore has come under great pressure to be divided up and this happens when divisions are set up from within a country, as the saying goes "divide and conquer". You think about it, how was it possible to remove a sitting president without a shot being fired? You lost your head of state and now have two glove puppets in control, it does not matter about your "guns" and "moonshine", it is not about your firearms, bending the knee, the enemy is already inside the gate and has been for some time. When a building has been eaten out by termites the outside structure does not look any different until one day the roof falls in and all the guns in the world will not change anything because the damage has already been done. Well that's my opinion and I could be wrong, hope you folk get back some decent leaders.

https://twitter.com/fox_sheldon/stat...59691006099456

This goes on in both Europe and the US. The difference is, in some US states, you'd be legally protected if you pulled your gun out and defended your life. In the UK, we have to curl up in a ball, dial 999 and pray the police aren't too busy filming their latest rainbow-flag Tik Tok video.

A flimsy video-ized cable pull machine. That thing better attach to at least two studs, otherwise it’s comin’ atcha!

If it includes a Max Headroom AI issuing quips and cues, I might get it.

And here we have a demonstration of one of the fundamental differences between 'Mericans and the rest of the first world. You and Coach are talking past one another because you can't grasp why that doesn't matter a hill of beans to us and we can't explain it any clearer.
    Wal is loving in zero covid land, so the trauma of this kind of existence (I am being generous in calling it that) has led him to hope that other countries will be, to quote RobinUK, equally fucked. It is a cry for help really.

You can't scare an American with laws. Especially southern and westerners. We're the original outlaws. We ran shine. We skirted naval blockades and opened speakeasies.
    Yeah, you're the original outlaws in the saga of human history that has spanned hundreds of thousands of years of violence.

Masturbating over how tough "we" are by listing a bunch of shit you had zero involvement just adds to the irony.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post

1.Financial Decentralization: If we hope to make any inroads against the current regime, we must regain control of the financial system or at least avoid selling them the rope they use to hang us.
    This can be broken down into three primary objectives:
    -Decentralization away from traditional currency, payment processing and financial institutions
    -Deligitimization of the broken and monopolistic public markets system
    -Distrust of the corrupt and punitive taxation apparatus

Partial victories of 10% or less could be sufficient.

2.Surveillance state countermeasures:
    We don't have to completely disrupt the surveillance state, we just have to resist enough to slow down the machine; the FBI is concerned about falsified Covid vaccination records because of the thinking patterns it introduces into the population.

3.Alternative and or anonymous media:
    Their propaganda becomes much less effective if alternative viewpoints can be easily found, without fear of punishment.
    While true, this is mostly nonsense on its own. Number 1 requires massive changes in lifestyle that most people aren’t capable of making, as their entire way of life and means of subsistence relies on the dollar. For number 2, most people don’t know the scope of the “surveillance state” or how to go about disrupting it. Additionally, the “surveillance state” that actually affects people’s lives isn’t run by the government, but rather by Apple, Google, Amazon, etc., which the disruption of also requires people to make large changes to their lifestyle. For number 3, those who would agree with this post have probably already purged themselves of the garbage on TV.