starting strength gym
Page 1207 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 2077071107115711971205120612071208120912171257130717072207 ... LastLast
Results 12,061 to 12,070 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Gotta say Mad Dog, that's quite the imagination you have there.

We did the "gotta say" joke on the podcast recently. Always funny.

The state-run media in 2021: Lester Holt's 'Fairness Is Overrated' Rant Accents Journalism's Corruption

The people at Pravda must have been the same folk (for wal).

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    All good arguments, and absent an Ivy degree, much the same as me. Like you, I am healthy and not obese. But I am not doing it because of marketing. But as I have already said, had the Kung Flu, got both shots and I'm not dead yet.
    Without engaging in the character debate, the fact of the matter is that, hypothetically speaking, if you were to receive no paperwork for having gotten the vaccine (maybe if they were to track how many people got it and where rather than who specifically), I would bet that you and many others would not have gotten it, and it would much more difficult for the medical establishment and media to convince people that the vaccine has a net positive impact on your health over the long term.

So there are two questions for the people who otherwise not have taken it. What is your price to compromise what you think is good for you and your health (i.e. is being able to coach jujitsu worth potentially compromising your health— if not now, possibly long term)? Second, how much of your health/freedom would you compromise for that price (i.e. how far down the slippery slope of compliance are you willing to fall in order to do/have those things)?

Quote Originally Posted by zft View Post
    Yeah, you're the original outlaws in the saga of human history that has spanned hundreds of thousands of years of violence.

Masturbating over how tough "we" are by listing a bunch of shit you had zero involvement just adds to the irony.
    Interesting that you equate freedom with violence. I think that tells us an awful lot about you and how you think and why we will probably never agree.
    And that's true, I did keep it general and impersonal. I see no advantage to detailing my personal skills or exploits in public. That goes for most things I do. I don't Insta my PRs either.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    I don’t think people from outside the US will ever understand this. This whole country more or less started as a big “Fuck You” to authority. It has a long history of saying “Fuck You” to authority. Hell, the Declaration of Independence was one of the biggest “Fuck You’s” to authority ever written.

Many of the people who immigrated here either did so because of austere conditions or because they were fleeing tyranny. They were all brave people. You don’t get on a vessel the size of the Mayflower and puke your guts out for months if you’re not brave. It’s in our “cultural DNA,” if you will.
    Excellent! You said what I was trying to say better. It's just part of who we are as a people, even if some have forgotten that it doesn't mean we all have.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    What Jenni is telling you is that we haven't depended on our "leaders" for a very long time.
    That's why I say we're talking past each other. He can't seem to understand this and keeps arguing as though we do. Which I find to be a cultural curiosity. As Frank said, it's practically in our DNA but wal can't get his head around it. It's like we're different species. But we aren't. I'd love to know how to get the wals of the world to let go of their attachment to authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    I’ve put several years of thought into concealed carrying, not crime trends in austin. Read carefully.
    And crime is a factor in that decision for you, is it not?

33 to 47 murders, when people were locked jnside half of the year constitutes “somewhat” of a crime increase?
    I'm just measuring crime in the same way the annual reports measured crime for easy comparison. I would not equally weight each category of crime--murder should certainly be weighted higher.

I would guess a big factor in that increased rate is because of the pandemic rather than in spite of, as you seem to suggest. It'll be interesting to see what the 2022 and 2023 rates end up being.

I pay attention to local crime reports and local safety reports on social media (nextdoor, ring, citizen). You don’t live here and your “data” doesn’t do anything except prove my point.
    It's not my data, it's the city of Austin's data. What you're suggesting is going by "feeling" and not being objective/systematic. You cannot get an accurate picture by your incidental exposure to crime/safety reports on social media.

But, hey, go get your concealed carry permit. It's America after all, right?

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    You expect her to post her current illegal activities here?
    Now that you mention it, isn't that what a tough outlaw would do?

It's not my data, it's the city of Austin's data. What you're suggesting is going by "feeling" and not being objective/systematic. You cannot get an accurate picture by your incidental exposure to crime/safety reports on social media.
    Are you seriously suggesting that the City of Austin's data is objectively true? Can be trusted as objectively correct? Have you learned nothing this year?

__________________________________________________ _____________

I'm quite surprised that no one has commented on this post:

COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

Are you seriously suggesting that the City of Austin's data is objectively true?
    No. I'm suggesting that an individual cannot do better.

Now that you mention it, isn't that what a tough outlaw would do?
    No. But thank you for saying that because now everyone can see how shallow your understanding is.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFox1 View Post
    Without engaging in the character debate, the fact of the matter is that, hypothetically speaking, if you were to receive no paperwork for having gotten the vaccine (maybe if they were to track how many people got it and where rather than who specifically), I would bet that you and many others would not have gotten it, and it would much more difficult for the medical establishment and media to convince people that the vaccine has a net positive impact on your health over the long term.
    This is an interesting question. For me, getting the papers is a deterrent, not an incentive. I could have legitimately gotten the vaccine in the first wave (occupation and medical), but I waited by age group, which was Monday.

The “paper” is literally a piece of paper with the blanks filled out by hand. Exactly like my yellow vaccine card I carry in my passport. Both are objectively bull shit.

In the balance, I am proud of being considered trustworthy and would prefer an honor system. But we are not honorable apparently. So I worry about other things.

starting strength coach development program
    No. I'm suggesting that an individual cannot do better.
    Without domain experience, you don't have data. You just have bits. You performed calculations, not analysis.

Are you seriously suggesting that the City of Austin's data is objectively true? Can be trusted as objectively correct? Have you learned nothing this year?
    It's now unfashionable to question the provenance of data. Had it been 2014, and you had phrased your viewpoint as "VCG is the new max", he would have nodded approvingly. But in 2021, you're just crazy Uncle Rippy.