starting strength gym
Page 1213 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 2137131113116312031211121212131214121512231263131317132213 ... LastLast
Results 12,121 to 12,130 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    the survival rate is 99.991%. The main point here is that we've all been exposed to it/we will all be exposed to it, there is nothing anyone can do about that, and that 99.991% of us will have just gotten sick, just like we all have before. The problem may be with the vaccines, but not with the virus. It's just doing what viruses do, and we have responded like a bunch of fucking idiots. Stop doing that NOW.
    I say some version of this daily. Usually to people that agree though. I dropped off of social media because I got tired of arguing with 20 year old idiots whose entire arguments consisted of “Science!” And “exponential growth!” I was thinking about this the other day. Back before the internet, when the bulk of discussion was in person, we had respect for elders. Not to say that I wouldn’t engage in conversation with older people when I was younger. However back then, if you said something stupid, you would know by receiving social cues from the other adults. On the internet, the young are the majority and they shout down any debate. The age and experience of the people, the social cues, these things are no longer a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    I say some version of this daily. Usually to people that agree though. I dropped off of social media because I got tired of arguing with 20 year old idiots whose entire arguments consisted of “Science!” And “exponential growth!” I was thinking about this the other day. Back before the internet, when the bulk of discussion was in person, we had respect for elders. Not to say that I wouldn’t engage in conversation with older people when I was younger. However back then, if you said something stupid, you would know by receiving social cues from the other adults. On the internet, the young are the majority and they shout down any debate. The age and experience of the people, the social cues, these things are no longer a factor.
    People can't think anymore. The virus, regardless of its origins and properties, already is what it is. It has likely been as deadly as it ever will be, and should a deadlier mutation arise our natural herd immunities will offer some protection before it burns out. Force of selection.

I think you're onto something. I've been working on an idea where the nation is stitched back together by people abandoning social media in favor of once again forming strong familial and community bonds. This will allow for much more than just propagation of information without the corruption by those who control its flow: it will allow for the spread of the values necessary to maintain a constitutional republic. If we survive this insanity, I think it will only come about through such an initiative. It's also why I'm convinced that a complete divorce from said corruption is equally necessary. A fresh start. A Secession.

Strong people will be necessary, and they will need to be equally capable at violence of action and gentleness.

This is a potentially very important article, translated from the Italian, about SARS-COV-2. Explains many things.

Italian Researchers: Vaccines Will Not Work Because SARS-CoV-2 Is Also Entering Bacteria – Anti-Empire
    This is just typical Italian scaremongering. The Italians have been doing this from the get go. Also, an article mentioning early treatment that refuses to mention drugs which have proven to be effective is just evil. On the other hand, at least they are mentioning the antibacterials. Now if somebody went on to say that the dexametazone - remdesivir treatment that so many people were given is straight up murder...

We're not any more going to get rid of daylight savings time than we are the ethanol program, or the wool subsidy.
    Daylight Savings time went away in Russia on 10/26/2014. By unilateral presidential edict, I'm sure , but then again we have universal bureaucrat/MSM/Golden Tower/Progressive Politician edicts that get "democratically" enacted all the time. Which ruling system is better for citizens, kids, and culture, the open that's openly unilateral or sneakily so? I made a decision which kind was better but I understand that every man must decide this for himself and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    I could write a lot on this but I don’t like typing that much. You are in fact onto something. The main issue is... social cues guide our behavior, they make us better people. These people are prolonging their mortification in the real world... it will come. Moreover, there will be a slow progression of two distinct groups. Those who live their lives primarily on-line and a small minority who choose to exclusively live off-line. Right now it is a mix because of the transition and lack of internet to everyone. (Joe infrastructure plan is working on this). Of course Covid was a reason to speed this up, but it was happening well before then. This maybe surprising to the older generations, but not to the young. I interact with 20yo flesh and bone daily, I’m not sure I would call them social animals though.

Quote Originally Posted by zft View Post
    Yeah, you're the original outlaws in the saga of human history that has spanned hundreds of thousands of years of violence.

Masturbating over how tough "we" are by listing a bunch of shit you had zero involvement just adds to the irony.
    Leftist have been trained to give these responses like Pavlov's dog. It's the disease of the west that every time someone shows pride in their nation's history it gets a response like this. Constantly hearing "we're not special" quickly leads to "all cultures are created equal" and that notion has been very useful in facilitating demographic replacement.

This is really pretty funny.
    Luckily, the useful Hungarians don't live in suburbs and have a gun passed down in their family. By the time gun restrictions actually affect gun ownership, it's already too late. This is something you either get or you don't.

I'll leave this here for when the next leftist (or Hagstull again) registers to tell us how wrong we all are and how superior Europe's healthcare is:

In Holland, the government not only forces you to buy insurance. It also dictates what is and is not insured. Homeopathy was covered for decades, as were shaving accidents for women (but not men)!

In 2021, the following alternative therapies will qualify for reimbursement:

acupuncture
    anthroposophic eurythmy
    anthroposophic psychotherapy
    anthroposophic therapy
    body-oriented psychotherapy
    chirophonetic therapy
    chiropractic
    craniosacral therapy
    creative arts therapy
    energetic therapy
    gestalt therapy
    haptotherapy
    (classic) homoeopathy
    hypnotherapy
    integrative psychotherapy
    kinesiology
    manual therapy E.S. (Egg Shell)
    mesology
    musculoskeletal medicine
    neural therapy
    neurofeedback
    osteopathy
    orthomanual medicine
    orthomolecular medicine
    phytotherapy
    psychotherapy
    reflex zone therapy
    Van Dixhoorn breathing and relaxation therapy method
    https://www.hollandzorg.com/dutch-he...reimbursements

We're not any more going to get rid of daylight savings time than we are the ethanol program, or the wool subsidy.

What the hell is daylight saving time all about in the modern age ? It’s like a religion.

I had the flu in December 2019 and then had covid this past January. The flu was 10x worse. Most of my extended family, from 29 year year olds to 74 year olds, have also had it. No hospitalizations or complications. Everyone basically had a cold for a week. It's anecdotal, obviously, but if the media had never mentioned the idea of covid, I nor anyone in my real life social circle would have any idea there was a pandemic.

starting strength coach development program
    Charles Barkley speaking truth on National TV
    ---
    In addition to the suggestions provided by others here, my advice is: Get Outside.

Spend days at a time in the back-country near your home with your family. Learn the trails, learn to fish, cook, eat, and communicate outside this fake reality. Get your HAM license and begin using this decentralized, fault-tolerant technology with your family.

I think you'll quickly find LOTS of like-minded, normal, smart, health-oriented people are doing the same...especially right now. Connect now.

You'll be healthier, stronger and happier. And, perhaps in some ways (that I'm not expert in), you'll be better prepared for whatever challenges may be coming our way.

---
    Happy Easter. The greatest Rebel of all time is Risen.