starting strength gym
Page 1222 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 2227221122117212121220122112221223122412321272132217222222 ... LastLast
Results 12,211 to 12,220 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    So you cure the covid, but the risk is you go out and shoot yourself, it is like using a sledge hammer to kill a fly. I see though that Italy and France have only given out about 5% of their vaccinations and the EU is sitting on millions of doses of vaccines in the fridge and restricting the flow to other countries, it is almost if the EU wants to prolong this covid event a little longer, maybe the peasants have not yet learned to submit
    This is very much true for the EU. I do not expect the COVID crisis in the EU to be over before September and the German elections.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It is always amazing that people in government cannot understand the concept of unintended consequences.
    Why take the time to understand something you won't suffer from? They have no real skin in the game. They do well when we do well. They do better when we suffer.

Dr Ryan Cole, Covid & Children, Possibility of Mandatory Vaccine - YouTube

This guy does a good job explaining why we shouldn’t be encouraging everyone to her the “vaccine” and especially why we shouldn’t be giving it to our kids

The CDC has been right about everything so far: CDC declares racism "a serious public health threat" - Axios

Today I saw a lone man three stories up on on a window cleaning scaffold wearing a cloth mask.

The process of slowly going insane continues.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Neither branch of the military is currently capable of fighting a ground war anywhere in the world. When "diversity" becomes your primary objective, diversity becomes your only attribute -- like dogs and horses, you get what you breed for, and that's all. How "diverse" is the Chinese People's Liberation Army? The Russian Armed Forces?

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    We veterans had better get hot on strength and conditioning. We will likely be needed soon...

Army Combat Fitness Disaster: Units Refusing to Take Test, Medics Bailing

Navy Recruiting Could See Changes Following Diversity Listening Sessions - USNI News

The U.S. Army has a readiness problem the likes of which it has not seen since the draft, and one which threatens to undermine the entire institution. This problem is called the Army Combat Fitness Test. The ACFT was designed to improve the physical fitness levels of soldiers. Because it was so poorly planned, however, 84% of women failed it straightaway, and data is scarce as to whether things have improved.
    Oh, I see. The problem is the test, not that they are inadequately trained to meet the standards that are fully possible for women to meet. They should be meeting the exact same standards as the men anyway. If a physical function is needed to be performed, then every soldier should be capable of it or ejected.

--

Navy Destroyer Hopper's [First Female] Commanding Officer Fired Over Morale Problems
    Navy Destroyer Hopper's Commanding Officer Fired Over Morale Problems | Military.com

Cmdr. Kathryn Dawley was relieved by Capt. Kenneth Athans, Destroyer Squadron 31's commodore, over a "loss of confidence in her leadership," Navy officials announced Wednesday. An official familiar with the circumstances said the decision was based on Dawley's overall performance in "this critical leadership billet."

"Morale of the crew played a large factor in the decision to remove her from command," the official said.

Dawley is Hopper's second commanding officer to be relieved in the last three years. In 2018, the ship's commanding officer was removed from his position over allegations that he had an inappropriate relationship with a junior sailor.
    Vast majority of men AND women do not want to serve under a woman. It's another one of Rip's "lies agreed upon" where we pretend this isn't so and that the reasons have nothing to do with biology.

"Diversity" is not really working out. Second officer was a man and he presumably did wrong, but the point is if the "junior sailor" weren't a woman, which they didn't say but it 99.9% probably was, there'd be no issue. It plays out exactly as thinking people said it would. It affects the ability for them to perform their duties. This is life and death, not some luxury where we can afford some inefficiency to get tingly good feelings about "fairness," whatever that is.

This is just in time for:
    "Navy Warships Could Head into the Black Sea as Russia-Ukraine Tensions Escalate"

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The CDC has been right about everything so far: CDC declares racism "a serious public health threat" - Axios
    Then maybe the government should stop giving training that encourages it in non-whites and passing anti-white unconstitutional laws that cause whites to become racist in self defense.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post

Vast majority of men AND women do not want to serve under a woman. It's another one of Rip's "lies agreed upon" where we pretend this isn't so and that the reasons have nothing to do with biology.

"Diversity" is not really working out.
    The fatal flaw is in treating sexism the same as racism. Follow the science.

starting strength coach development program
    I freely admit to being a wimp for waiting so long, but today I went to the grocery store without wearing my mask. God, it was liberating.

I'm in Arizona, so I'm in one of the more free and open states. I did see three other people (out of several dozen) who were not wearing masks, interestingly all women, two of them probably in their 70's (I'm 60). No one gave me the stink eye or any hassles. So, I'm done.