starting strength gym
Page 1224 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 2247241124117412141222122312241225122612341274132417242224 ... LastLast
Results 12,231 to 12,240 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It's a helluva process, stomping out the individual's will. The Brits are getting very good at this: Report: Brits At Pubs Will Have To Register On Government Tracking App, Hand Over Phones – Summit News
    When they start using tech against you it’s time to ditch the tech.

These three items illustrate that we have redefined the term "debt," and that the concept of a debt "principle" is no longer in operation:

Radical Left's Infrastructure Bill Wish List Includes Climate Change, Amnesty

Can Trillion-Dollar Coins Cover the Coronavirus Relief Tab? It’s Not a Bad Idea. | Barron's

Barron's thinks this is a good idea.

Biden considering direct cash payments to illegals in Central America to stay home… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

This item illustrates than nobody in Washington gives a single fuck what anybody thinks about it:

Biden creates Federal Commission to overhaul the Supreme Court… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    I think citizens of some of the member states want to depart the EU also, but German money is keeping some of the more inefficient states afloat therefore they are stuck in the union.
    Right up until the collapse of the euro. I agree that the eurowankers probably saw the early Covid crisis as their chance to jump ahead of the dollar, but those dreams soon turned into mush when the entire world parked their money in US Treasuries.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    The EU the EEC when I was at school was supposed to be the next world power, replacing the US and the Euro was supposed to be the next reserve world currency replacing the US dollar. However the CV-19 event seems to have derailed the continuing process of full integration of a united Europe with no boarders. According to Bible prophecy the EU is supposed to be the the last world power made up of 10 states, however Britain was never meant to be part of that union hence Brexit. I think citizens of some of the member states want to depart the EU also, but German money is keeping some of the more inefficient states afloat therefore they are stuck in the union. According to this prophecy about the EU it will be like the old Roman Empire with one head of state, something like Napoleon or Hitler who tried but failed to restart the old Roman Empire. It is in the interest of the EU or who ever controls it to have a dysfunctional US so that the EU can finally dominate the world. I am sure the EU were delighted when Biden became president.
    The "German money keeping inefficient states afloat" thing is a lot more nuanced. A lot of the businesses the "subsidies" flow to are in German/French hands, even if they're located in the less wealthy states. Germans heavily invested in those smaller states prior to them joining the Union. Investments rarely are altruistic.

The founding of the EU was France's attempt at neutering Germany. Open borders were originally sold as a way to stop irredentism, but it's real purpose was cheap labor. This is obvious when you look at their failure to integrate a few small states that have sizeable minority populations and their failure to enforce labor laws.

The EU has become a tug of war between the right wing and left wing of all the member states. They're not even capable of forcing the Visegrad nations to take up immigrants, let alone have a united military. France created this monster to keep Germany in check and now it's become a very useful tool for leftist internationalism.

The only thing it's efficient at is benefiting those in power and those with ties to power. It's what government always turns out to be and what Americans managed to get right once upon a time.

Discussing politics will never change the mind of a single person, but if it is done right you might learn something from the other side. Throwing out talking points and linking to less serious "news" outlets does not add much value.

I'm going to throw out a couple of reasons why I think Obamacare is a great idea. Let's hear your arguments why you think I'm wrong rather than complaining about my spelling.

Obamacare can be described like this: The government defined a set of rules (pre-existing conditions, minimum coverage etc.) and opened the exchanges where private citizens can shop around to buy an insurance. The government also offered a subsidy for poor people. The insurers and the health care providers are all private companies and they can chose to participate or not.

One alternative is to do nothing and let tenths of millions of people go about with no insurance. You get cancer, just go die!

The leftwing alternative is single payer. This system works quite well in many countries like UK or Canada. However, it is morally wrong for the government to confiscate private property such as insurers or health care providers and privately owned businesses are often more efficient.

One more thing. For Obamacare to work you need the individual mandate. Take me as an example. I have not been sick since 2008. I workout, take care of myself and do not consume health care at all. Why should I pay for insurance? Because I might get a serious condition tomorrow and it would not be fair for me to go on the exchange and buy and insurance the day I need it. You cannot drive around in your car without insurance and the day you crash you make a call and buy a car insurance. Insurance is by definition a collective effort.

Quote Originally Posted by bobman View Post
    Racial diversity in the military is fine because it doesn’t defy human nature, black, white, Mexican, whatever will have some minor cultural differences but other than that they all have the same biological urges.
    Yes, but we're not talking about diversity. Anyone who's been downrange knows that the skin color to the left and right of you doesn't mean anything. The furnace of war burns away the chicken shit.

We're talking about Diversity. It's one of the pillars of the new state religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I have never had one on...
    Gotta ask, Rip, why exactly do you wear pants?

A question..... If I choose to get the vaccine, does this in any way help you? Why are so many people who are not at any risk of anything other than a stuffy nose getting vaccinated? Is there some piece of (false) news that I have missed? Or have I been wrong about why I have tsken6a flu shot for the last few years?

A comment (or two, bc this is a place I an blow off some steam).... 1) I have family who is taking the vaccine. Some are high risk (over weight). Some are not (she's 16...). Do whatever you want, but I'm not getting one. Neither are my kids.

2) a couple of years ago, there was a stink raised about an HPV vaccine (I may be getting the letters wrong) and this vaccine was targeted more towards kids. I asked our pediatrician about the studies (or side effects...dont recall exactly) and she said she had no issue with the vaccine. Somehow her engineering background came up, she has looked at the studies, and it made me feel comfortable proceeding forward with the kids getting that shot. I wonder what she'd say with this vaccine..... I may be acting a bit inconsistent by getting my kids that shot on her advice but not covid..... As my wife so kindly pointed out last night. I did not, and could not disagree with her.

Just stumbled upon news of this mass shooting:

Former NFL player kills 5 people, then himself, in South Carolina - CBS News

Note how sympathetic the author is towards the gunman in this instance. Why would that be? Pretty sure CBS is worse than CNN now.

starting strength coach development program
    Media report claims that cruise lines are evacuating people from the Saint Vincent volcano disaster, but only if they are vaccinated.

I don't care whether you think it's safe or not. If you are young and healthy and get the vaccine for convenience, then fuck you. You are who is making this kind of shit possible.