starting strength gym
Page 1225 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 2257251125117512151223122412251226122712351275132517252225 ... LastLast
Results 12,241 to 12,250 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by rhastings View Post
    Gotta ask, Rip, why exactly do you wear pants?
    Keeps people like you from trying to suck my massive cock.

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    Just stumbled upon news of this mass shooting:

Former NFL player kills 5 people, then himself, in South Carolina - CBS News

Note how sympathetic the author is towards the gunman in this instance. Why would that be? Pretty sure CBS is worse than CNN now.
    This is really an amazing example of the media's role in modern society. The word "gunman" appears in this piece 21 times. The man's name, Philip Adams, appears once, and in the caption of a photograph. He is black. We get to hear about his NFL career and his injuries, and that his father blames Football for his problems. We hear that shooting people was just not his thing, that he was a good man. As I understand from reports in other sources, the "gunman" was upset about his chronic pain, and that Dr. Lesslie would not prescribe him any more opiate analgesics. So the gun was the problem, everybody involved was innocent, and the narrative is reinforced. Doesn't say how many people worked on this piece, but somebody thought pretty hard about how to do it.

Look at this: YouTube Deletes DeSantis COVID-19 Roundtable With Experts – PJ Media

Notice that this appears on PJ Media. Someone explain to jonas why we have to read about this on a "less serious 'news' outlet." Does jonas consider Joe Rogan to be reliable? I suppose he does now: Spotify Deletes 42 Joe Rogan Episodes – OutKick

And note that if jonas only reads reliable sources such as CBS/CNN, he would not see this: Canada To Censor "Hurtful" Comments About Politicians, Implement Internet Kill-Switch | ZeroHedge

Children like jonas and the media criminals he relies upon have enabled the slow disaster we are seeing unfold right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jonasfj70 View Post
    I'm going to throw out a couple of reasons why I think Obamacare is a great idea. Let's hear your arguments why you think I'm wrong rather than complaining about my spelling.

Obamacare can be described like this: The government defined a set of rules (pre-existing conditions, minimum coverage etc.) and opened the exchanges where private citizens can shop around to buy an insurance. The government also offered a subsidy for poor people. The insurers and the health care providers are all private companies and they can chose to participate or not.
    I don't argue against strawmen and none of this is true in practice. The only way you believe this is that you listen to the media and you've never been poor enough to have to work with that system. You've also obviously never had to deal with having something that nobody wants to cover. I also doubt very seriously you've checked into what's affordable vs what the actual coverage and deductibles are. People like you might look good on paper "we just want poor people to have access!" But when actual poor people explain to you how fucked up your solution actually is, people like you don't listen. You just keep hollering how government is the answer. The absolute worst thing anyone could have done was mandate the purchase of something. It empowered the big companies and stripped power from patients and doctors. There were and are far reaching effects of that that you clearly haven't bothered to hear.
    Even Obamacare’s Pros Turned Out to be Cons – Marotta On Money
    The Affordable Care Act Conundrum: Facing Reality in America's Giant Social Experiment "It was also known that consumers would face a very different health insurance world under the ACA, with some people seeing their premiums go down and some seeing them go up, and the majority of Americans seeing higher deductibles, higher copays, and a smaller pool of providers."
    Opinion: 7 Obamacare failures that have hurt Americans - MarketWatch

My BCBSTX individual policy went to a $6500 deductible/$550 premium, with access to exactly one (1) doctor here in WF. A good friend and his wife are paying $2K/month. But jonas thinks it's okay, so there's that.

The government defined a set of rules (pre-existing conditions, minimum coverage etc.) ....

The government also offered a subsidy...

However, it is morally wrong for the government to confiscate private property such as insurers or health care providers and privately owned businesses are often more efficient.
    Surely the minimum coverage and subsidies are paid for by someone i.e. confiscation of property which is morally wrong. Therefore even your strawman does not work morally.

Quote Originally Posted by bobman View Post
    Racial diversity in the military is fine because it doesn’t defy human nature, black, white, Mexican, whatever will have some minor cultural differences but other than that they all have the same biological urges.
    Maybe if that diversity was incidental, but base solely upon performance this might be true, but the pursuit of diversity for diversities sake is moronic and deadly via the methods currently in place to mandate it.

Discussing politics will never change the mind of a single person,
    Wrong.

It is the person, not the subject that determines whether a mind can be changed....and who learns anything from the other "side". The "learners" are generally two kinds of people: the unconvinced, but willing to be and those learning their "enemies" ideas for tactical reasons.

Sincerely
    Dude Who has Changed His Mind Numerous Times and Who Takes Don Corleone Advice Seriously

One more thing. For Obamacare to work you need the individual mandate. Take me as an example.

Blah, blah, this that, ya da ya da. And by the way you have to buy it by law.

Solid argument.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Media report claims that cruise lines are evacuating people from the Saint Vincent volcano disaster, but only if they are vaccinated.

I don't care whether you think it's safe or not. If you are young and healthy and get the vaccine for convenience, then fuck you. You are who is making this kind of shit possible.
    So am I a bad person who wants people to die for not getting the "vaccine," or am I a bad person who wants people to die if I DO get it? It's so hard to tell which it is these days, seeing so many strangers on the internet dictating what makes me a bad person.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    So am I a bad person who wants people to die for not getting the "vaccine," or am I a bad person who wants people to die if I DO get it? It's so hard to tell which it is these days, seeing so many strangers on the internet dictating what makes me a bad person.
    The entire global economic and political order is telling you I am the "bad person", so I find it interesting that a random forum post would throw that into question for you. But what I actually said was fuck you to anyone playing along with the roll out of a new caste system for the sake of their own convenience. I wasn't particularly concerned about their broader moral character. Even good people deserve a fuck you now and then when they do something idiotic.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    The entire global economic and political order is telling you I am the "bad person", so I find it interesting that a random forum post would throw that into question for you. But what I actually said was fuck you to anyone playing along with the roll out of a new caste system for the sake of their own convenience. I wasn't particularly concerned about their broader moral character. Even good people deserve a fuck you now and then when they do something idiotic.
    I just don't think people who get vaccinated that aren't "at risk" are necessarily selfish or bad people. I think they've just evaluated the risk vs reward of the scenario poorly. The bad people in that scenario were the ones refusing to evacuate people from an island that had a volcanic eruption over their vaccination status, not people in other places who'd gotten it already.