starting strength gym
Page 1227 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 2277271127117712171225122612271228122912371277132717272227 ... LastLast
Results 12,261 to 12,270 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Protests erupt after police shoot Black man in Minneapolis traffic stop | Reuters

This is from Reuters, so adjust your skepticism accordingly, but if the article is true then another young man died at the hands of piece of shit cops. From the article (emphasis mine):

“Wright's mother, Katie Wright, told reporters at the scene that she had received a call from her son on Sunday afternoon telling her that police had pulled him over for having air fresheners dangling from his rear-view mirror, illegal in Minnesota. She could hear police tell her son to get out the vehicle, she said.”

WHAT THE FUCK!? Air fresheners? These piece of shit motherfuckers pulled someone over for air fresheners?! If that was REALLY why they pulled him over, then they’re the two lowest pieces of shit, power-tripping, cocksucking fuckwads patrolling the street.

If that’s not why they really pulled him over, but used it as an excuse to do so, then they’re two of the lowest pieces of shit, power-tripping, cocksucking fuckwads patrolling the street.

It goes on to say the guy had a warrant out for his arrest. I wonder what for? Failure to pay a ticket he received for not having his headlights on while using windshield wiper fluid? Not having proper tire inflation? Not wearing a mask?

If he looked “suspicious” then pull him over, look the motherfucker in the eye and tell him, “Sir, you look suspicious.” And if you can’t justify it without pulling some bullshit law out of your ass, take three steps backwards into traffic and let a bus hit you.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Rich View Post
    Riot Police Storm Family Home at 1AM Because of Slightly Delayed COVID Test

On 5 October 2020, at 1am in the morning, police armed with automatic weapons, gas masks, bulletproof vests and a battering ram swarmed on a home in Brahma Lodge, South Australia. Officers completely surrounded the property, invading neighbouring backyards to do so.

Onlookers awoken by the commotion and the police helicopter hovering above thought there was a hostage siege taking place at the house. But there was no siege. There were no terrorists or criminals holed up at the premises, nor were any drugs or weapons being stashed there.

What happened next was mind-boggling:

South Australia Riot Police Storm Family Home at 1AM Because of Slightly Delayed COVID Test – SAPOL – South Australia Police Corruption
    "So Mehmet booked in for the test, quarantined at home and waited for the government’s mobile COVID testing unit."

I wonder if that was his mistake. Why make it easy for these thugs? People tend to over-estimate the efficacy of the state machine, and the machine is using our conscientiousness against us. Just as an anecdote, I was staying in a state well known for COVID tyranny, living with someone who was hospitalized for it while I was there. I also got it but never got tested or talked to a single authority about it. I had some extended family members encouraging me to go get tested, who I ignored. No one contacted me or anyone else in the house, even though I was an emergency contact of the person hospitalized. These people just aren't as competent at getting their boot on your neck as people think, unless you're stupid enough to lay on the ground and make it easy for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

And we wonder how The Holocaust was accomplished.
    Over here in Norfolk, VA, we had a few locally owned restaurants get shut down by the state health department because some people ratted them out for letting people sit at the bar and not wear masks. It's bottom-up enforcement that's leading to friends and neighbors not being able to make a living. It looks a lot like that certain point in history.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    Protests erupt after police shoot Black man in Minneapolis traffic stop | Reuters

This is from Reuters, so adjust your skepticism accordingly, but if the article is true then another young man died at the hands of piece of shit cops. From the article (emphasis mine):

“Wright's mother, Katie Wright, told reporters at the scene that she had received a call from her son on Sunday afternoon telling her that police had pulled him over for having air fresheners dangling from his rear-view mirror, illegal in Minnesota. She could hear police tell her son to get out the vehicle, she said.”

WHAT THE FUCK!? Air fresheners? These piece of shit motherfuckers pulled someone over for air fresheners?! If that was REALLY why they pulled him over, then they’re the two lowest pieces of shit, power-tripping, cocksucking fuckwads patrolling the street.

If that’s not why they really pulled him over, but used it as an excuse to do so, then they’re two of the lowest pieces of shit, power-tripping, cocksucking fuckwads patrolling the street.

It goes on to say the guy had a warrant out for his arrest. I wonder what for? Failure to pay a ticket he received for not having his headlights on while using windshield wiper fluid? Not having proper tire inflation? Not wearing a mask?

If he looked “suspicious” then pull him over, look the motherfucker in the eye and tell him, “Sir, you look suspicious.” And if you can’t justify it without pulling some bullshit law out of your ass, take three steps backwards into traffic and let a bus hit you.
    This is not much of a story, considering that 1.) all things must reinforce the narrative, and 2.) we don't know what actually happened at the arrest. The Chauvin trial should provide reason for all of us to step back and remember that above all other things, the media are baldfaced liars about virtually everything, and certainly about absolutely everything regarding the narrative. Believe NOTHING in the first reports, and 1% of everything thereafter. I won't make this mistake again.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFox1 View Post
    Over here in Norfolk, VA, we had a few locally owned restaurants get shut down by the state health department because some people ratted them out for letting people sit at the bar and not wear masks. It's bottom-up enforcement that's leading to friends and neighbors not being able to make a living. It looks a lot like that certain point in history.
    The most difficult lesson of the past year is that we are completely surrounded by cowards and fools. A bitter pill indeed.

This is not much of a story, considering that 1.) all things must reinforce the narrative, and 2.) we don't know what actually happened at the arrest. The Chauvin trial should provide reason for all of us to step back and remember that above all other things, the media are baldfaced liars about virtually everything, and certainly about absolutely everything regarding the narrative. Believe NOTHING in the first reports, and 1% of everything thereafter. I won't make this mistake again.
    According to the news conference the local police chief is holding right now, it appears that the officer drew her sidearm instead of her taser. Calling it an "accidental discharge."

Strangely, I have to check myself and wonder whether I'm more pissed off about the kid dying or him being pulled over for air fresheners (if that part is true). Perhaps it's the idea that such an absurd law could be the catalyst of one's own death. I can only conjure in my head the type of asshole who would try to enforce an air freshener law, a mask mandate, or some other trivial nonsense. Then I ask myself if that's the same type of asshole who would likely panic at the first sign of distress and unload a clip on a kid. My Magic 8 Ball says, "Signs Point to Yes."

You're right, though. We don't know the details and we both know the narrative must be maintained. Still, it infuriates me when I'm reminded of how much power shitty cops have to take your life, regardless of what comes out of this case.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    "So Mehmet booked in for the test, quarantined at home and waited for the government’s mobile COVID testing unit."

I wonder if that was his mistake. Why make it easy for these thugs? People tend to over-estimate the efficacy of the state machine, and the machine is using our conscientiousness against us. Just as an anecdote, I was staying in a state well known for COVID tyranny, living with someone who was hospitalized for it while I was there. I also got it but never got tested or talked to a single authority about it. I had some extended family members encouraging me to go get tested, who I ignored. No one contacted me or anyone else in the house, even though I was an emergency contact of the person hospitalized. These people just aren't as competent at getting their boot on your neck as people think, unless you're stupid enough to lay on the ground and make it easy for them.
    I have not and will not ever get a PCR test. It is that simple. Lie to the bastards, they got too much to look after to be able to "catch" you.

Absolutely. That one time I had a "urinary tract infection" those skinny little needles cleared it right up.

And we wonder how The Holocaust was accomplished.
    Australia and Canada. Liberalism leads to Totalitarianism. That shit isn't gonna fly here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post

"Black" is capitalized while "white" is written in lowercase. Compare/contrast descriptions of these violent protesters, vs. what happened at the Capitol. I just can't! .

Whichever generation of middle-class, law-abiding Americans is just ignoring all these signs, thinking they'll pass over, and focusing instead on working, paying taxes, and raising their families will be in for an even worse surprise in thirty years, than the sixty-year-olds of today who ignored similar signs in the nineties, sadly.

My Russian friends were in my car many years ago (in the States for one of those summer work programs) when I got pulled over. One started to get out of the car to talk to the officer, as is customary in their culture. I screamed at him to get back in the car, cause we don't roll like that here in the States, and he did. Guess whatever culture this twenty-year-old was from considers it OK to get in or out of the car at your own whim, despite whatever an officer may say?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt James View Post
    According to the news conference the local police chief is holding right now, it appears that the officer drew her sidearm instead of her taser. Calling it an "accidental discharge."
    As I said long ago, this is Cop Shit, not Race Shit. Everyone knows the difference, but Race Shit is more useful to the narrative, therefore we proceed to accept the lie. While we're at it, let's continue to pretend that women can get into what should be a simple physical altercation without getting afraid for their lives and escalating to deadly force. Why would she have drawn her taser? It might be important to know.

Look how useful Race Shit is to the Media: Former Fox host Eric Bolling walks off BBC interview | TheHill

Also useful: https://twitter.com/i/status/1379564030034128903

This is the official position of CNN et al, because it saves time to paint RACISM all over everything rather than having an intelligent discussion about an election law that perhaps they are not capable of having. Apparently black people do not have drivers licenses, and cannot tell time, and it is racist to argue that they do. United Airlines, however, still maintains the obviously racist policy of requiring ID before boarding one of their airplanes piloted by a person chosen for their skin color, as opposed to their ability to actually fly the goddamn airplane.

This is so fucking tiresome, just exhausting, to have to sit here and watch as our entire society agrees to pretend that all of this patently false bullshit makes sense.