starting strength gym
Page 1229 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 2297291129117912191227122812291230123112391279132917292229 ... LastLast
Results 12,281 to 12,290 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    “Having obesity”.... you don’t HAVE obesity, you ARE OBESE. Sometimes the best remedy for shameful behavior is shame.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    Not sure who has lower odds of telling the truth: the mother of a black man that has been shot by cops ("Neva did nuttin!"), Reuters, or a son telling his mom why he got pulled over?
    According to Fox, it was expired registration. Authorities said the car was pulled over for having an expired registration and after determining the driver had an outstanding warrant....

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    Yes, an air freshener on the rear view mirror is a stupid law, but I doubt the law was written for that, but rather for all the other stuff people hang from the mirror or put up that limits the drivers view. Good Law?, I don't know, what's the statistics on accidents because of impairment of the driver's view? Lets not forget, the police do not make the laws, someone else did and the police don't always get to pick which laws to enforce. Here in Virginia, we've gone the other way. If you have a brake light out or a number of other faults with your vehicle, the police are no longer allowed to pull you over.
    We all know that laws like this are used by shit cops as an excuse to pull people over and run them through the system. Hell, I was pulled over when I was about 18 for “playing my music too loud.”

The catch? My car stereo was inoperative, so the motherfucker was lying. I just happened to be out at midnight, driving around, and he was looking for a quick DUI or some other thing.

If a guy has more beads hanging from his rear view than your sister’s neck at Mardi Gras, fine pull him over and tell him you’re concerned about the obstruction of his view. But, why the fuck is it necessary to run someone’s ID through the system if that’s all they’re being pulled over for? The reason cops aren’t allowed to pull people over in Virginia for this stuff is because they’ve confused pulling someone over as a courtesy to let them know their brake lights are out with the more authoritarian, German-accented “Papers!”

Frank, calm down: MSM will never show you this… Video of Daunte Wright waving around his gun… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

The cops lie, absolutely, had it done to me too. But the boy was a hood, AND the stupid bitch could just as easily have killed her partner, since they failed to train her correctly. Bad situation all the way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Frank, calm down: MSM will never show you this… Video of Daunte Wright waving around his gun… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

The cops lie, absolutely, had it done to me too. But the boy was a hood, AND the stupid bitch could just as easily have killed her partner, since they failed to train her correctly. Bad situation all the way around.
    Yeah. He was a thug, it seems. She was a spazz.

Fuck. I’m tired of these shit situations the media uses to pit everyone’s opinion against one another.

I think it’s possible to divide this into three broad concepts. All my words. No attribution to anyone.

1) some cops lie.

2) street crime and street culture is a problem.

3) bad training and relaxed standards.

I believe (1) has gotten better significantly in the last 1/2 century while (2) and (3) have gotten worse. Am I wrong? If not , what is the common cause, if there is one?

And if you live in the most fucked up state in the southwest, this may help: NM dumbass governor signs legal pot bill

I guess this is to replace the tourist industry she destroyed. Very shrewd.

And if you live in the most fucked up state in the southwest, this may help: NM dumbass governor signs legal pot bill

I guess this is to replace the tourist industry she destroyed. Very shrewd.
    That’s a bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    I think it’s possible to divide this into three broad concepts. All my words. No attribution to anyone.

1) some cops lie.

I believe (1) has gotten better significantly in the last 1/2 century while (2) and (3) have gotten worse. Am I wrong? If not , what is the common cause, if there is one?
    (1) Hard to say. The Blue Wall is still real, although between omnipresent video on the streets and in the hands of the citizens, IMO, it makes lying less likely from fear of visual evidence to the contrary.

(2) In general, it's unchanged from what I saw in the 70's. The tolerance for it by political operators and their academic marketing arms have definitely grown worse.

(3) Training seems to have improved. De-escalation wasn't even a word or concept until relatively recently in LE. Some cops just had a good gift of gab that sometimes calmed the savage beasts. I can attest that standards began to get relaxed as far back as the 70's. Hadda get more women and minorities on the beat. Now it's just re-marketed as diversity.

But hey! Take heart. Given all the second guessing my the politicians, media, activists, and experts on this board, pretty soon you'll have the equivalent of park rangers picking up the dead and injured. Like in Portland. Portland aims to fight crime with unarmed park rangers

Well done, all.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post

1) some cops lie.

I think this is pretty accurate. However, I have to admit that I do wonder what type of person decides they want to be a city cop. Highway Patrol? Sure. I get it. Small suburban town where people wave at you and you Barney Fife your way through town? I get that too.

Who the hell signs up for the city cop beat in today’s environment? More so if they grew up in white suburbia. Does this person really think they are going to patrol the streets of Minneapolis and “make a difference?”