starting strength gym
Page 1232 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 2327321132118212221230123112321233123412421282133217322232 ... LastLast
Results 12,311 to 12,320 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by RJPinAZ View Post
    I credit Fumento's 1996 book, "Science Under Siege", for starting to remove the scales from my younger, much more naïve and uninformed eyes. Just destroyed all the environmental myths I had been exposed to: Agent Orange, dioxin, Love Canal, DDT, EMF exposure. Bjorn Lomborg's "The Skeptical Environmentalist" really sealed the deal.
    This is why I posted about what I'm seeing in the college classes I'm taking. As long as they are doing the shit they are in schools that people are going to go to because of the need for those sheets of paper to get jobs, this is the result we're gonna have. They aren't teaching people to think and reason and concepts that can help them evaluate science when it's presented in popular contexts like the nightly news. They are indoctrinating and creating empty vessels to be filled with whatever the latest line is. It's gonna get worse.

Also, as someone who had to lose a large amount of weight, I can tell you this whole thing applies to that problem too. If you have no reasoning skills and have been coddled you simply are not prepared for the difficult and lifelong task of losing weight. It's much easier to believe popular media about cabbage diets and infrared rays.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And we wonder how The Holocaust was accomplished.
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1380935370683076609

For all of those who have enjoyed the lockdown:

Stay safe in the coffin of your comfort zone!

— JP Sears

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Good question. I think there is set of people that see big city departments as having more opportunity for specializing, promotion, etc. Career motivation.
    Retirement advantages are one reason. If you work as a cop in the big cities, your retirement is going to be much larger then if you worked in a small town. Look at NYPD, I read many officers retire at plus $100,000. In NYC, not that much, but if you move to where I live, that's a lot and your cost of living would be about half.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Cox View Post
    The sad part of this whole mess to me is that he shouldn't have been on a warrant for possession of an un-permitted (unregistered) weapon at all. If they try to pass such laws here in this state, then I'd probably be in the same situation. F'k the states that require permits and registration for what is a constitutional right.
    I doubt that "possess" means "own" here,as in they rolled up in his house and found a gun.....probably it means unlawful concealed carry without a permit?

But then again I don't know the laws in Minnesota...are there actually states out there requiring firearm registration, just for ownership, and not a CCW licence?? If so, how have there not been successful lawsuits won against them?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

It's the Science, jonas, you fucking idiot!! Look! Journal article and everything!! But look, jonas, you fucking idiot (he's just the proxy)!! The CDC says the same thing about the vaccine!!!!

Dan Monroe - Take 3 minutes and "think about it".

This won't be up long, so watch it NOW.
    Nope, won't last long on Facebook. Here it is on Odysee: Dan Monroe - questions and answers about Covid19 "vaccines"

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    Because it's an effective tool in finding criminals.
    I know it is. My point is that we both know the cops don’t give a shit about air fresheners or some other stupid law. We know they use it to pull someone over because they don’t have anything else they can legally use to fuck with them. That’s what annoys me.

“Sir, I pulled you over because you look like a thug,” has been replaced by “Sir, you have an air freshener hanging from your mirror.”

We generally nod at this and think, “Well, the little bastard was a thug,” and he was, by the accounts I’ve seen. Yet, this wasn’t exactly a policing success story, now was it?

It is the slippery slope I worry about. Over the last year, we’ve seen the government take massive amounts of power and freedom from people without so much as a whimper from the public. The cops are there to enforce that power grab and will cling to the typical “We’re just here to enforce the laws,” at all costs. Right now we can relax and be happy that we don’t look like thugs, but most of us on this board refused to comply with another petty rule/law/mandate: the wearing of masks.

Should we be forced to present our IDs for the cops to run us through their system SIMPLY because we refuse to adhere to a mask mandate? How is this different from letting them run it for an air freshener violation?

The source of my anger comes mostly from the abuse as well as the sense of entitlement for power that cops have a tendency to display. I think we’ve grown accustomed to the idea that it’s ok for the cops to demand paperwork for even the most petty of offenses and I’m not really sure I like it.

I’ll freely admit that I do recognize the usefulness to policing such traffic stops can be, and that it should not be entirely eliminated. I just don’t know where the line might lies. Somewhere between air fresheners and reckless driving, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    This is why I posted about what I'm seeing in the college classes I'm taking. As long as they are doing the shit they are in schools that people are going to go to because of the need for those sheets of paper to get jobs, this is the result we're gonna have. They aren't teaching people to think and reason and concepts that can help them evaluate science when it's presented in popular contexts like the nightly news. They are indoctrinating and creating empty vessels to be filled with whatever the latest line is. It's gonna get worse.
    Having this revelation after you've dabbled in some shit-tier free college courses in a presumably bullshit field of study is pretty retarded.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    I doubt that "possess" means "own" here,as in they rolled up in his house and found a gun.....probably it means unlawful concealed carry without a permit?
    According same news source, the police were responding to 911 calls that someone was in the street waving a gun.