starting strength gym
Page 1244 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 2447441144119412341242124312441245124612541294134417442244 ... LastLast
Results 12,431 to 12,440 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    If we're gonna talk organization ya'll need to read Moon Is A Harsh Mistress by Heinlein.

I have. It was excellent and right on point.
    I've searched the forums but haven't found a mention of this great book. 1984 is talked about and The Moon is A Harsh Mistress is talked about. But one book that is prophetic and very short is the Abolition of Man by C.S. Lewis, it is very short. I highly recommend reading the third chapter The Abolition of man, it's about as difficult as a long article. C.S Lewis is one of those great communicators; like Rip he makes complex ideas seem almost obvious.
    The Abolition of Man : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    If she doesn't resign, we'll know we've been had again, and I posted it before I verified it. Kinda like the media does all the time: A Recipe for More Tragedy | City Journal
    Maybe she was going to resign you guys already said her Beetlejuice ass name thrice and brought her back.

Renzo Gracie knows what the fuck is up. Ignore the touchy-feely part of the video and look at the training.

Login • Instagram

Of course he’s trying to make money as well, but this type of shit is what MUST happen if you want true police reform. Enough of these weak, panicky cops killing people because they don’t know how to handle themselves in a physical confrontation. Train cops to grapple and train them to calm the fuck down. People want reform right? Spend the money to train police properly.

University of Oxford researchers trying to take heat off the dodgey vaccine they co-developed with AstraZeneca, by citing data showing clotting problem even worse with the mRNA drugs by Pfizer and Moderna. Bottom line is these so-called vaccines are all poorly tested junk that should never have been allowed to market:

Blood-clotting illness PVT 30x more prevalent in Moderna, Pfizer Covid-19 recipients than AstraZeneca – Oxford researchers — RT World News

Lightfoot says she will NOT resign, but then again doesn't seem to exactly deny the allegations, just trashes the allegator. Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot addresses resignation rumors on Twitter, says she will continue to serve - ABC7 Chicago

So there's probably something to the smoldering pile of dung behind the current smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    You guys in Britain have a rough time ahead. You need to start some sort of resistance as soon as you can. At least start talking to other people about how you have been scammed or something. Things do not seem rosy.
    It's almost like neutralizing the monarchy wasn't that good of an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    Renzo Gracie knows what the fuck is up. Ignore the touchy-feely part of the video and look at the training.

Login • Instagram

Of course he’s trying to make money as well, but this type of shit is what MUST happen if you want true police reform. Enough of these weak, panicky cops killing people because they don’t know how to handle themselves in a physical confrontation. Train cops to grapple and train them to calm the fuck down. People want reform right? Spend the money to train police properly.
    Along with dump the Taser and use the baton. Bring back the choke. The study on which the "justification" for dropping it because it was deadly was predicated mostly on the basis of a study of cases involving predominantly drugged up, violent, resisting arrestees. With the emphasis on drugged up. Not all, granted, but around 70% were found to have PCP, meth, or something else in their post mortem.

But as I have been saying for some years on this forum, it ain't cheap in the first instance, the refresher training likewise is time and cost intensive, and it all just looks so meeeeaaan.

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post

Login • Instagram

This sounds good on paper, but there are several obvious problems. If it were possible to teach The Martial Arts to enough of the police to make a difference, Hurling would already have done it. Let me remind you that Hurling was both a martial artist AND a policemen. But a bigger problem is that there are lots of situations where a cop rolling with a detainee on the ground is a really stupid place for the cop to be. I assume Gracie knows this and has it built into his LEAD material, maybe. The problem is that there are essentially no female cops that can do this, and their constituency will object, and then you're Sexist and Misogynistic, and we can't have that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Along with dump the Taser and use the baton. Bring back the choke. The study on which the "justification" for dropping it because it was deadly was predicated mostly on the basis of a study of cases involving predominantly drugged up, violent, resisting arrestees. With the emphasis on drugged up. Not all, granted, but around 70% were found to have PCP, meth, or something else in their post mortem.
    I have always wondered why the only people who use PCP are the ones who beat up the cops. Do you guys know anybody who uses PCP who doesn't beat up the cops? Who just uses it before beating up DB? Going to the show? Before a PR deadlift? Why do lifters across the country eschew the use of PCP in the APF meets that are untested? Serious question.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I have always wondered why the only people who use PCP are the ones who beat up the cops. Do you guys know anybody who uses PCP who doesn't beat up the cops? Who just uses it before beating up DB? Going to the show? Before a PR deadlift? Why do lifters across the country eschew the use of PCP in the APF meets that are untested? Serious question.
    What if it made you think that the bar was made of spiders?