starting strength gym
Page 1245 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 2457451145119512351243124412451246124712551295134517452245 ... LastLast
Results 12,441 to 12,450 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    It's almost like neutralizing the monarchy wasn't that good of an idea.
    Of course it was. You can’t neutralize a monarchy, you have to guillotine the motherfuckers into non-existence. Or you can do what my guys did and shoot the emperor. You might start a world war, but at least they won’t pull a surprise police state on you 100 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by James Rodgers View Post
    What if it made you think that the bar was made of spiders?
    It would be lighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Of course it was. You can’t neutralize a monarchy, you have to guillotine the motherfuckers into non-existence. Or you can do what my guys did and shoot the emperor. You might start a world war, but at least they won’t pull a surprise police state on you 100 years later.
    No, that's how you eliminate a monarchy. I said "neutralize," meaning maintain the façade, but pull their teeth.

In England, the monarchy has no power; it is a figurehead, purely a remnant of the thousand-plus years of English/British history, kept around for posterity's sake, mostly. They have no ownership stake in the nation. They live primarily at the indulgence of the Commonwealth which gives them a stipend annually, from which their own private holdings are derived. The "constitution" of Great Britain wholly defines what the monarch can and cannot do. Further, because of the unwritten and wholly traditional nature of Britain's constitution, that allotment of "power" is entirely at the whim of Parliament. They cannot even offer opinions on political matters in public. This has been increasingly the case for centuries. Great Britain is wholly under the control of a massive class of elites who have no stake in the welfare of the nation because the nation doesn't pay for their existence.

My point was, if they British has a real monarchy, with some kind of stake in the ownership of the country and actual governing power, in the Democracy: The God That Failed sense, can you imagine what kind of check that'd be over Parliament and Downing Street? Not just over the nonsense that has swept that nation, but over war-making, spending, social order, etc.?

No, no, the revolutionaries who bound the hands of King all those centuries ago accomplished much more than I think they ever dreamed they could. The outcome has not been to the benefit of the British people, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This sounds good on paper, but there are several obvious problems. If it were possible to teach The Martial Arts to enough of the police to make a difference, Hurling would already have done it. Let me remind you that Hurling was both a martial artist AND a policemen. But a bigger problem is that there are lots of situations where a cop rolling with a detainee on the ground is a really stupid place for the cop to be. I assume Gracie knows this and has it built into his LEAD material, maybe. The problem is that there are essentially no female cops that can do this, and their constituency will object, and then you're Sexist and Misogynistic, and we can't have that.
    I imagine that most of the techniques in his program will involve how to work in tandem with another officer to do something useful instead of standing there yelling taser. But yeah, i see your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

I have always wondered why the only people who use PCP are the ones who beat up the cops. Do you guys know anybody who uses PCP who doesn't beat up the cops? Who just uses it before beating up DB? Going to the show? Before a PR deadlift? Why do lifters across the country eschew the use of PCP in the APF meets that are untested? Serious question.
    I know of a meth head who stole an engine block off a hoist by PICKING IT UP and running with it. When he finally sobered up, he’d apparently herniated everything that could be herniated and never knew it. Discs, inguinal canal, umbilical... All of it. Crazy bastard.

LAA’s Voter Integrity Project Releases The Georgia Report – Look Ahead America

https://lookahead.s3.amazonaws.com/L...ort_Public.pdf

This effort is the result of hundreds of hours of work of over forty individuals and nearly $100,000 in crowd-sourced funding.

Our conclusion remains: We prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the deserved winner of the state of Georgia’s presidential electoral votes in the 2020 General Election is unknowable.

Disclaimer regarding illegal ballots versus illegal voters: While this report identifies a large number of illegally cast ballots and the names of ineligible voters in whose name those ballots were cast, it does not allege that that those persons necessarily cast the illegal ballots. Determining who cast a ballot, legal or otherwise, particularly as a private, non-governmental organization, proves nearly an impossible feat.

And now we find out Officer Sicknick stroked out and died. Seems like that would’ve been good to know in January. Is there anyone out there that is not a lying piece of shit?

Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick died of natural causes after Jan. 6 riot, examiner says | Fox News

Most of us knew this several weeks ago. It is best to assume that anything you see in the state-run media is a bald-faced lie unless proven otherwise by your own research.

The media is literally trying to destabilize the country. It's the biggest national security threat we've ever faced, and no one is doing a damn thing about it.

"Enemy of the People" was never hyperbole. If anything, it was an understatement. "Imminent existential threat to the American People" is more like it.

starting strength coach development program
    Maxine Waters: Boom! George Floyd judge just slapped down Maxine Waters in open court… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

Wasn't Donald Trump impeached for this very thing just a short time ago?