starting strength gym
Page 1249 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 2497491149119912391247124812491250125112591299134917492249 ... LastLast
Results 12,481 to 12,490 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Clueless fools: 2021 Free Expression Awards Highlight: Susan Wojcicki - YouTube

Look at the likes count. “We know that they are lying, they know that they are lying, they even know that we know they are lying, we also know that they know we know they are lying too, they of course know that we certainly know they know we know they are lying too as well, but they are still lying. In our country, the lie has become not just moral category, but the pillar industry of this country.”

-- Solzhenitsyn(?)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    and the mob says, "She was just a kid, man!" This poor bastard's life is now fucked, all because he thought that black lives matter too.
    It's not just the mob:

PressSec on police shooting of Ma'kiyah Bryant: "It's tragic. She was a child....Black women and girls, like black men and boys, experience higher rates of police violence."

They are absolutely hell bent on destabilizing the country.

They've already done that quite nicely.

Very simple answer to all this. It's called darwinism. So let them thin their own herd and just stand back and watch it. Until they turn on their community organizers and political pimps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Very simple answer to all this. It's called darwinism. So let them thin their own herd and just stand back and watch it. Until they turn on their community organizers and political pimps.

Standing back is what White Flight was supposed to achieve, right? But the societal rot somehow spreads further and further out from the tree trunk, thanks probably to HUD policies that bring "affordable housing" to the suburbs. And don't forget, all the jobs and "good" schools are basically in these urban surbaban areas. Sounds defeatist I'm sure but honestly it's just the cold realist that Russia has managed to develop quite nicely in me.

My apologies that this is a bit off topic with the vendictive verdict that has just been issued.

I was pretty floored yesterday when my friend informed me that PG county, MD schools only have elementary schools open, and beyond that are only allowing muzzled children to attend.
    Is this a common situation throughout our great country, or an exception in the People's Republic of Maryland, where lovers of centralized power sacrifice their children at the altar of the politically correct movement of the day?
    I asked my friend to send picks of helpless elementary school children muzzled at playgrounds, in classrooms, and in cafeterias, to help remind me that evil still exists in this world, and he told me just to Google schoolkids in masks. :/

A colleague in Vienna, Austria, also still has kids in school remotely, with exceptions made for fifth graders.

Needless to say this is not the case in Russia. WTF!? Are Russia and Belorussia really that much freer than us Americans and Europeans (with the latter's president allegedly ignoring CoVid lockdown restrictions until the World Bank got on his case), now!? Maybe sending your children to school maskless is just another of those Potempkin freedoms that are less vital than our 1A & 2A. :/

Quote Originally Posted by BenK View Post
    Speaking of vaccines, how many of you - or those you know - have experienced adverse effects from a COVID vaccine?
    I'm certainly not an anti-vaxxer, but I am interested in finding out what is going on from direct sources and not the media.

I'll go first. I know at least 8 people who took the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine. With one exception, none of them had side effects. That person is female and has missed 2 periods so far after getting the vaccine.
    I received both doses of the Pfizer vaccine. After the first jab I experienced soreness at the injection site that lasted maybe 36 hours, not too different from the flu shot. Second jab had me lethargic and mildly ill feeling the next day, but after 48 hours I was fine. It's been at least a few weeks since then and I have not experienced any further side effects that I can identify.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Eastern Europe has entered the chat.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Standing back is what White Flight was supposed to achieve, right? But the societal rot somehow spreads further and further out from the tree trunk, thanks probably to HUD policies that bring "affordable housing" to the suburbs. And don't forget, all the jobs and "good" schools are basically in these urban surbaban areas. Sounds defeatist I'm sure but honestly it's just the cold realist that Russia has managed to develop quite nicely in me.
    White flight was just that. Fleeing from the "other". I'm talking about something else. Everyone stays where they are, but the police let the ghetto take care of itself. Which is the bad old way it used to be. Until some of the more responsible and respectable black people said they wanted protection. Those people are still around, but they lately seem more committed to solidarity. When they and their families and property have suffered enough, the old cycle will reassert itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SBD View Post
    I received both doses of the Pfizer vaccine. After the first jab I experienced soreness at the injection site that lasted maybe 36 hours, not too different from the flu shot. Second jab had me lethargic and mildly ill feeling the next day, but after 48 hours I was fine. It's been at least a few weeks since then and I have not experienced any further side effects that I can identify.
    Same here with my wife and I along with the other geezers we know. Our daughter, however, got the J&J and was home woozy for one day.