starting strength gym
Page 1253 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 2537531153120312431251125212531254125512631303135317532253 ... LastLast
Results 12,521 to 12,530 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    It's like the first casualty was common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    It's like the first casualty was common sense.
    Truth Is the First Casualty in War – Quote Investigator

War it is.

And this is very important: https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/wp-c...sm-600x600.png

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Notice also the grown man trying to kick the girl on the ground in the head. Great bunch of folks you have there, in this silly little scuffle the cops had no business interrupting. Racist bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    It's very likely the only way we'll be able to get into my wife's country sans quarantine any time soon. Admittedly, that hasn't happened yet, so perhaps shame on me. I could care less about what local officials here have to say, but I'll have to please customs & immigration elsewhere if we want to get in without a quarantine - assuming that time comes. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices, and listening to my wife panic about "what if" gets old. I'd rather be a part of the Borg, or whatever it is they're doing than listen to that.

Frank, you miscalculated their (in whichever country it is) surveillance abilities and risks of breaking the Quarantine rules to be with your MiL sooner.

-----
    TL;DR-
    We "law-abiding," "Patriotic" Americans have overestimated the abilities of authorities to enforce laws and punish violators, AND we've overestimated the importance of subservience to the law as a sign of a "good," caring citizen.

THAT'S how the BLM and AntiFa communists, vs. Proud Boys and 1/6ers, and Maxim Waters' and Clintins', vs. Trump's and others, get away with all that they do!
    -------

Allow me to segue your fear of violating this quarantine rule, which caused you to expose yourself to an experimental medicine still in trails, to the conversations here recently about 'Murica still being the best option out there:
    That all depends on how you prioritize and measure all the various "freedoms."

At New Year's here in Russia the night skies were filled with blasts throughout the night, and it got me thinking about how so many states have varying permissibility or authoritarianism when it comes to fireworks laws. They're quite lax here and I question whether those "lives saved" by outlawing the blasts in some states would not be finding other ways to stupidly maim or kill themselves, in the absence of these laws. Are the residents of Virginia more intelligent than Marylanders; is that why the latter's fireworks laws are so much stricter?
    It sounds like a useless "right," I know, but I want you to think about all the other laws that limit personal liberty in the name of public safety in a similar way to the fireworks framework.

And about your fear of violating a quarantine rule in another country,Frank, I get it. We Americans have been so conditioned by and have so bought into the RULE OF LAW mantra that it has enveloped our very souls: it's probably why antiFa and the BLM communists loot & maim freely while the Conservative movement lies in wait (SOME day, you're gonna GET WHAT'S COMING!!!!).

My eyes were opened to us tax serfs' subservience to the RULE OF LAW this past January, too. I was bringing my dog to my in-laws' on a bus, and I've got this "gentle leader" leash which covers the snout, looking like a muzzle, in case that's ever needed. The piece was not on my dog's snout and the ticket collector said something as I was paying, and immediately the American in me assumed I was breaking the law-
    "Sorry, I'll put the muzzle on right away."
    "No," she says, "I'm just checking whether she's younger than seven," with a laugh (under-sevens ride free).
    The lady came back again, and the "patriotic" American "rEsPeCt for rUlE oF lAw" in me kicked in again:
    "Sorry, I'll put on the muzzle."
    "No, no, I just want to pet her, make sure she's OK on the bus."

(IMAGINE living in a country where the community is so culturally, historically, and physically similar that people trust one another to make these personal liberty decisions without regulations shoved up everyone's ass!)

....so, for all of US law abiders, too, as you don the medical mask instead of a substitute, or as you wear anything at all instead of going buck-naked (with your face) into public, consider:
    Are you overestimating the punitive and monitoring powers of your leaders?

Respecting the rule of law, as a principle, is great.

Respecting particular laws and law enforcement is often flat out immoral.

Democrats voted in favor of discriminating against asians:

https://media.patriots.win/post/orgHqBBx.jpeg

Has anyone tried slipping a CVS nurse a couple hundred bucks with a knowing look to get your papers? Pretty sure this would work if you choose your CVS location wisely. I refuse to participate at all out of principle, but why not at least try being a little creative before putting untested mystery vax in your body simply for convenience.

Glenn Reynolds in his NY Post column about the media: Will the Times apologize for lying about Officer Sicknick’s death?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Glenn Reynolds in his NY Post column about the media: Will the Times apologize for lying about Officer Sicknick’s death?
    Additionally, the NYTs incited a funeral of state which thus incurred fraudulent expenses as well mental/emotional trauma.

Will the NYT be held liable?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Will the NYT be held liable?
    They haven't for anything else, why start now?