starting strength gym
Page 1255 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 2557551155120512451253125412551256125712651305135517552255 ... LastLast
Results 12,541 to 12,550 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by jonasfj70 View Post
    If you define "the media" as newspapers like Wall Street Journal, NY Post, NY Times, LA Times and Washington Post, they have a clear division between news and opinion. Then you have cable channels like MSNBC, CNN and Fox News etc. They kind of pretend to have this division, but it appears more blurred. You probably know which of those lean left or right on the opinion pages.

I do not think you will ever find the language you cite above in the news section, unless they report on what representatives of both sides expressed, in any of the outlets above with the exception of perhaps MSNBC. You might find it in the opinion section, but then it is stated Opinion in bold. Opinion writers obviously have more freedom to express their personal views.

The news editorial choices, wording and facts presented in Wall Street Journal and NY Times are quite similar. Both were for example competing to reveal Trump's taxes, which I assume pissed him off. Obama was likewise furious when they went after NSA, drone wars etc. where he was political vulnerable. There were as many leaks from, what you may call the "deep state" during Obama as during Trump.

I believe it is fair game to go after politicians and especially those in power.

Another observation. The opinion pieces generally have less readers than the headline news stories and those who read them have already made up their mind. Paul Krugman, one of the most read columnists, reach 150,000 on a good day, while a NY Times headlining news story is read by 500,000.

Also remember that the right leaning newspapers (NY Post and WSJ) are 50% larger than the left leaning (LA Times, NY Times and Washington Post) and Fox News is over time rated higher than MSNBC and CNN combined. There is thus little to support the notion that "the media" as a whole is biased to the left.
    The detachment from reality outlined in this statement is shocking.

How does one manage to be so thoroughly credulous? So weird.

This is an interesting little paper that will also have to come down, from Gilead: http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/cep/COVID/...ew%20final.pdf

Conclusions
    The current evidence base on messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccines is made up entirely of small early-stage trials, nearly all of which
    examined only short-term outcomes. They lack sufficient power for testing the statistical significance of most results, and for
    assessing the risk of serious but uncommon adverse events.
    The size of these trials and their dual purpose in evaluating dosing and safety precludes quantitative synthesis or GRADE analysis of
    their results, but there are a few trends that appear to be consistent across the different studies. Systemic adverse effects such as
    fatigue, headache, muscle aches, and chills are common following administration of mRNA vaccines, but they usually resolve within a
    day or two. Localized adverse effects, most notably pain at the injection site, are also common, and also resolve within a day or two.
    The rate of severe adverse effects (severe enough to interfere with a person’s daily activities) appears to be in the range of 5 to 10
    percent. The rate and severity of adverse events increases with vaccine dose. The rate and severity of adverse events also appears to
    be greater following a second dose of vaccine than following the first.

Larger clinical trials of mRNA vaccines against the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus are in progress, and their results are expected in mid-2021. Once evidence from those trials is published, more certain conclusions about the safety of these vaccines may be reached.
    Additional trials will be necessary to determine the relative safety of mRNA vaccines and vaccines using more established
    technologies.
    Clinical guidance specific to the use of mRNA vaccines is lacking at this time, because of the lack of clinical evidence.

I'm starting to see BLM, Antifa and the claims of many of the Democratic party as a form of drug/alcohol addiction. You know it's a really stupid, and is going to destroy your life but you go ahead anyway, then one day, you can't stop. Like addicts, we as a nation are going to have to hit bottom, before we accept that we have to do something. I wonder how many cities will need to burn, how many businesses destroyed, how many lives ruined before we say enough is enough. The only consolation, is those that have enabled this, will be be on the front lines when it goes to hell.

You know, the bottom line problem to all this shit is that we let a group of people do things that we would never let a person do. Why is it more moral when a group does it? I'd love to hear the leftist apologists and weasel word posters on the board explain how that is. If I came up and took 30% of your pay, or forcefully slapped a muzzle on you I'd be in jail. But it's ok when "the government" does it? The ethics of a thing don't change because you've spread out the responsibility to more people.

Excellent posts, Gerald and Jenni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Look closely at the RAGE. It's building and it's gonna blow. NEVER stand between an enraged Momma Bear and her child.

Popcorn.
    Good for them, yes, Kitsuma, but are all the members on this board with school-aged children really sending their kids there in muzzles? I'm sorry, I don't care about your work situation, your relationship with the school, your fear of fines or respect for "rule of law" - if you allowed THAT to be forced upon your child for more than a day without withdrawing him or her from the government incubation pods and social shaming systems (for those of you who have white male children) IMMEDIATELY, I'm revoking your human being card.

Mark said he laughs openly at the men wearing masks? The same should be done to all these parents; I don't know how else we're going to awaken the walking dead but through public and humiliation and shame. Cause they may be braindead, but their large numbers and high level of compliance are what allowed all these restrictions to continue for so long, and will allow for the new measures to be implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    I don't know how else we're going to awaken the walking dead but through public and humiliation and shame. Cause they may be braindead, but their large numbers and high level of compliance are what allowed all these restrictions to continue for so long, and will allow for the new measures to be implemented.
    I'd really like to know what happened in Russia in the 1930s that allowed Stalin to decimate his population, Hitler, Pol Pot, Mao, all these evil animals. It seems like hyperbole to say that the same level of compliance and obedience we're seeing here allowed that genocide, so I wonder what the differences really are. A matter of degree? This kind of widespread public acceptance of blatant control of the individual leads nowhere any of us want to go, but going we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    You know, the bottom line problem to all this shit is that we let a group of people do things that we would never let a person do. Why is it more moral when a group does it? I'd love to hear the leftist apologists and weasel word posters on the board explain how that is. If I came up and took 30% of your pay, or forcefully slapped a muzzle on you I'd be in jail. But it's ok when "the government" does it? The ethics of a thing don't change because you've spread out the responsibility to more people.
    When you create a different class of people, as we do with cops and politicians and others, this is what you get.

I get the need to have people being paid to patrol, investigate, and guard the criminals because, even if everyone had the ability (which they obviously don't), the logistics of it being only part-time volunteers would be a nightmare, but it should never have become where it is only the professionals obligation and right to deal with criminals.

Similar cases with our allegedly representative government.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I'd really like to know what happened in Russia in the 1930s that allowed Stalin to decimate his population, Hitler, Pol Pot, Mao, all these evil animals. It seems like hyperbole to say that the same level of compliance and obedience we're seeing here allowed that genocide, so I wonder what the differences really are. A matter of degree? This kind of widespread public acceptance of blatant control of the individual leads nowhere any of us want to go, but going we are.
    I think a big common aspect to all those was fostering a victim mentality in a large portion of the populace. Once they believed they had been victimized and were owed something, they were happy to have a strong dictator type figure strike back at those who they believe wronged them.

starting strength coach development program
    Most articulate discussion of the potential long-term harms that may be associated with taking the COVID 19 prophylactic injectables.

DarkHorse Podcast with Geert Vanden Bossche & Bret Weinstein - YouTube

Blunting of the innate immune system response to, and impairing your ability to combat the wild-type SARS CoV2 or the many variants to come is THE reason not to take the jab.