starting strength gym
Page 1261 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 2617611161121112511259126012611262126312711311136117612261 ... LastLast
Results 12,601 to 12,610 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post

To be fair... Bruce Lee was not as good as Bruce Lee.
    Made my day! Do you get credit? It doesn’t matter other than original brilliance is rare and to be celebrated.

I’m thinking of making this part of my email signature!

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Dave Smith on the vaccine passport - hopefully this guy runs for the Libertarian Party at the next presidential election, he mentioned on the podcast that he's considering it.

Dave Smith Passionately Opposes Vaccine Passports - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    There are a couple reasons that could happen.
    She's not pregnant, if that's what you're trying to say.
    I have seen reports of unusually heavy periods following COVID vaccination, but not of a cessation of them.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    What I AM asking of you is that you don't abandon reason and start getting wrapped up in emotional arguments and painting gigantic disparate sets of people with a brush they don't deserve. You guys need to take a step back and ask yourselves what the difference is between you getting upset at a statistically insignificant occurrence rate of these interactions that have been hyper-focused and hyper-magnified by the Media, and the Karens calling you a fucking simpleton and knuckle-dragger because you refuse to wear a mask -- she, after all, saw the reports on the doctors and healthy young people who died of this horrible disease.
    Damn good point, Dave. Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    “One bad apple spoils the barrel" isn't an emotional argument. It's a fact. Both with literal apples and things like police departments.

The cure in both cases is to get rid of the bad apples. Not covering for them or justifying their behaviors. Certainly not shifting blame to folks who notice.
    And this is true too. Both true, and important.

Database of all Ivermectin COVID-19 studies

and, a quote I stumbled upon:
    The real virus is Communism.
    Covid-19 is just how it spreads.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    And even after this, YouTube censors the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And even after this, YouTube censors the information.
    YT midwits will lose.

I anticipate a breakout.

Does anybody know how, or the best way, to invest in Ivermectin stock?

Alright, George. Here's my last attempt at reconciliation. Both because I think it is important that people seek to build and reconcile in this age, and also because I think we might actually agree on most basic points if we were to sit down in person. Maybe not friends, but... still.

“One bad apple spoils the barrel" isn't an emotional argument. It's a fact. Both with literal apples and things like police departments.
    It is true of every group of humans everywhere. It can be made as an emotional argument, but fine... point taken.

The cure in both cases is to get rid of the bad apples. Not covering for them or justifying their behaviors. Certainly not shifting blame to folks who notice.
    I agree, and I also have not intended to "cover" for anyone. Nor will I in the future. My point was simply that, as with everything else, the situation is not a problem -- it is a massive, intertangled wad of thousands of problems. My best root-cause analysis, though, is societal decay and funding issues. You can get rid of all the bad apples you want, but if you're replacing them with bad apples then what's the point? You have also been extremely generalized in your criticism of police, and that simply isn't warranted from what I've seen. There are, for some stupid reason I cannot fathom, an irrationally high ratio of good people serving as law enforcement.

So, how about we do both? Get rid of the organizational terrorists and also properly fund and train law enforcement.

On of the reasons I became a general contractor was because so many of them were bad apples. It's so bad that one of the pep talks I gave my business partner (he had the money, but I had the experience) was that you didn't even have to be above and beyond character-wise. You just had to not be a douche.
    Shockingly, this was true in all of my careers and jobs so far. It's ridiculous how much things would get better if people would just stop being shitty. I appreciate, sincerely, that you did something about it.

Still had to deal with the skepticism of potential customers and even had one stand out occasion where an honest misunderstanding on our part turned into insults and accusations along the lines of "Typical contractor" sort. We didn't get butthurt or cover for the douchebags. We agreed because it was true (and we were happy to help people avoid having to employ the bastards) and we proved we were better and hooked the up with others who were better when we couldn't be of service ourselves for some reason.
    And the citizens (I don't say civilians because law enforcement IS civilian) around here respect and appreciate us, too. Because we're local, and they get to interact with us directly. But you're also building houses. Law enforcement specifically gets called on to deal with people who make poor decisions. We get called to deal with crazy people. We get called to do welfare checks. We have to pull over the drunk driver. We don't get the same type or a choice for our clients. Now, you could make the argument that we picked the profession, and that's a fair point. But regular humans we be... it takes a toll, and you really don't want the guys who are getting veteran enough to be really effective at their job to be burned out to the point where they now contribute to the problem or quit.

That would obviously never work with the police though. Better blame the taxpayer instead. Yup. The guy never asked and always forced to fund it is definitely the problem.
    The tax payer is the problem because they are also the voter. They can also run for office. The police are also tax payers, and they have to deal with the consequences of shitty prosecutors and legislators on a much more personal level than the average tax payer. The average police officer also can't fire the bad apples -- that's usually an administrative position that may well be elected or appointed directly by those who were elected. I am ALSO a tax payer, and I am just as equally guilty.

Now, if you want to talk about how the power pyramid of government is inverted, and most of the money should be with the smallest organization so that it is most efficient and immediately apparent to the taxpayer what his money is going to...

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Made my day! Do you get credit? It doesn’t matter other than original brilliance is rare and to be celebrated.

I’m thinking of making this part of my email signature!
    I came up with it, but there's no way I'm the only one or the first.

Quote Originally Posted by shabu View Post
    Dave Smith on the vaccine passport - hopefully this guy runs for the Libertarian Party at the next presidential election, he mentioned on the podcast that he's considering it.

Dave Smith Passionately Opposes Vaccine Passports - YouTube
    They are not issuing any CV-19 passports here, although it is recorded as well as all the other vaccines that are given and this has been the policy as far back as I can remember. We were issued with vaccination certificates for any vaccine required for travel overseas into areas that had Typhoid, Cholera, Hep B and so on back in the 1980's. Of course all new passports that are issued from now on may have a section for current vaccinations to allow international travel. There goes the open borders mooted years ago where people could travel without hindrance. Purpose built quarantine stations are being considered, but again this is nothing new we had them years ago before the world was considered pestilence free.

starting strength coach development program
    Review of the Emerging Evidence Demonstrating the Efficacy of Ivermectin in the Prophylaxis and Treatment of COVID-19

AUTHORS
    Pierre KoryG. MeduriJose Iglesias, DOJoseph Varon, MDKeith Berkowitz, MDHoward Kornfeld, MDEivind VinjevollMitchell ScottFred Wagshul, MDPaul E. Marik, MD
    https://osf.io/wx3zn/

EXPERT REVIEW REPORT
    MEDICAL SAFETY OF IVERMECTIN
    Ivermectin - MEDINCELL