starting strength gym
Page 1265 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 2657651165121512551263126412651266126712751315136517652265 ... LastLast
Results 12,641 to 12,650 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Thank you for making my point for me. It IS an insignificant occurrence rate compared to the amount of positive police interactions. You are being manipulated because you are not being shown (or may not care to even see at this point) the positive interactions. Just like how the news didn't run all of the feel-good recovery rates. It's probably also why any positive police interaction has been labeled as "copaganda" in the last two to three years. Is it a personal tragedy for those involved? Absolutely. It's why I take my job so seriously, and it's why I wanted to be involved in policing -- to make a difference even if it's small..
    You appear to think I don't get it, but I do understand that most cops are doing a hard job and doing so with dignity and even a bit of compassion. What you don't appear to get, is the outrage I and many others feel, not at the cop that did the deed, but at all the other cops that cover up, make excuses and outright lie to protect the cop. It doesn't matter how seldom it happens, it happens and over and over again, little if anything happens to the cop or to the cops that lied to cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is really nauseating. George's point about the police policing themselves, I mean seriously this is fucking bullshit, even as an isolated incident. And these two pieces of shit sitting there calmly discussing it. And Loveland PD has circled the wagons: It's not Race-shit. It's Cop-shit.
    I really don't know why everyone is up in arms, after all, it's a statistically insignificant occurrence.

The real question is, how does Officer Rod Farva not spend all day looking over his shoulder for the payback the piece of shit deserves? How does his little girlfriend ladycop go through the day without wondering when somebody is going to make her shoulder go POP? You're asking a lot for us to remain calm, because most of the time they get away with it. If Karen has a son, he owes these pieces of shit a visit.
    Well, if the cop apologists on the board are going to talk about how statistically insignificant a bad cop encounter is, then lets also note how even more statistically insignificant it is for there to be anything close to just repercussions for the cops involved in one.

In other words: they have less to worry about than you or I supposedly do about dealing with some asshole with a badge.

Might as well be a negative number, right?

The local Foot Locker might be fucked, but the bad cop will be fine. Nothing to worry about at all.

It's not Race-shit. It's Cop-shit.
    The police profession calls to those who feed on being in power the same way the priesthood calls to pedophiles. This is not to say that all cops are power hungry assholes or that all priests are pedophiles. The professions themselves position the crooked to feed on what they crave.

I just ate enough antacids to watch the entire Karen Garner video. Words elude my seething contempt for these pieces of shit. Now we truly understand why cops are so against body cameras and people filming them with cellphones. Despicable pieces of shit don't like to be caught in the act of being despicable pieces of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    Well, if the cop apologists on the board are going to talk about how statistically insignificant a bad cop encounter is, then lets also note how even more statistically insignificant it is for there to be anything close to just repercussions for the cops involved in one.

In other words: they have less to worry about than you or I supposedly do about dealing with some asshole with a badge.

Might as well be a negative number, right?

The local Foot Locker might be fucked, but the bad cop will be fine. Nothing to worry about at all.
    Here's another thing, George: The only times the cops face any backlash for indulging in the sadistic pleasures that a few of them obtain from maiming 73-year-old women is when the woman is black and the cop is white. Because that's the only time it's useful politically to the government. Cop-shit is just fine, but Race-shit fuels the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    I just ate enough antacids to watch the entire Karen Garner video. Words elude my seething contempt for these pieces of shit. Now we truly understand why cops are so against body cameras and people filming them with cellphones. Despicable pieces of shit don't like to be caught in the act of being despicable pieces of shit.
    Yeah, you can't un-see that. Along with the AZ Executioner, this video is the most disturbing thing I've seen in a very long time. The department will eviscerate Derek Chauvin when a dying overdosed thug expires in his custody, but this sack of shit is protected by his bosses because the victim is not a useful Color. Makes you question whether or not they have broken a shoulder or two themselves.

And they left her in the cell by herself for hours. Mother of God, these pieces of shit need to be flayed alive.

Sorry, David, you've got to let us blow off some steam. But there's plenty of shittiness to go around:

COVID nurse explains becoming a whistleblower: ‘I recorded them murdering patients’ | EU | Before It's News

And, “lucky me,” she said with a smile and a touch of sarcasm, “I did get assigned to Elmhurst Hospital [in Queens] which ended up being ‘the epicenter of the epicenter’” for reported COVID-19 fatalities.

“The very first day [at Elmhurst] I was shocked. It was something I’ve never seen before,” she said. “Patients were alone in the rooms on ventilators [with] no family allowed in [to advocate for them]. People were just dying from gross negligence, medical malpractice, [and] mismanagement.”

“For me, that was really difficult to swallow. Everything made sense to me at that moment of why there were so many deaths in New York,” she said.
    “I recorded them murdering patients. I recorded just the complete and absolute disregard for human life,” she said.

According to the video, Olzewski revealed how patients who repeatedly tested negative for COVID-19 were being described as “COVID confirmed” in their charts, which triggered a higher compensation from government payouts.

She contrasted the treatments that they had provided in Florida to what was happening in New York. “[In Florida] we treated our patients with hydroxychloroquine, zinc … sent them home and they were fine.” In New York, “they were banning alternative treatments like hydroxychloroquine. The only thing they could do was to put people on ventilators.”

At the time, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) provided what some called “perverse incentives” instituted by government COVID-19 relief funding, which awarded significantly more compensation to hospitals should patients be classified as COVID-19 positive ($13,000) or if they are put on a ventilator ($39,000).

Olzewski indicated these incentives dramatically impacted what was happening at Elmhurst. “You know, $13,000 to admit [COVID-19 classified] patients, and they were just admitting everybody.”

She further alleged that with the $39,000 incentive, the hospital would then put admitted patients “on a ventilator that they knew would kill them.” In addition, “in some cases” there was an incentive of “$10,000 [for] every death.” With families kicked out and not being able to monitor, it was “the perfect storm, and people took advantage of it.”

Reflecting on lockdowns last year, and presently in some places, she said they have always been “completely uncalled for. People stayed home and got even more sick, so that caused even more deaths.”

As most states sought to justify their lockdowns on statistics coming out of New York, Olzewski criticized the injustice of “taking away peoples’ freedoms based on New York numbers … which now we know we’re lies.” Much of these high fatality rates, she said, came from “[Gov. Andrew] Cuomo putting these [COVID-19] patients into nursing homes” spreading the infection through members of the most vulnerable population.
    And here's another version of Circling the Wagons: Report: Biden Has Andrew Cuomo Lead White House COVID Calls with Governors

Standard behavior, top to bottom.

Just last night, I watched a 48 Hours special about Kat West: Kat West trial: Jeff West found guilty of reckless manslaughter - al.com

If you haven't seen it or read it, the woman was found dead in the street in front of her house. The husband was charged by the state and convicted of murder with very little evidence. The chief says her body was obviously moved and staged in the road because of how her phone and a bottle of absinth she had been drinking were found, and that seemed to be enough. Also, the fingerprints on the bottle, despite the fact that there was video evidence of him purchasing and handling the exact same bottle earlier that night.

The woman's own family didn't press any charges and vouched that the husband loved her and would have no motive. He's in prison for 16 years. Her own parents confessed that she was notoriously clumsy and had a drinking problem and would often get very drunk and stumble around and fall and hit her head. They surmised that she must have gotten drunk, wandered outside, and slipped and hit her head. This is what her mother testified for the defense at the trial.

To me, kind of messed up that the chief's belief was enough to have the state press charges and convict him. There are more details but this is the gist of it. Not the same type of violent arrests as discussed here but I feel it's in the same vein of abuse of power.

A bunch of reasons why you should just ignore it.
    Actual points about the actual actions of the cops sold separately.

I would have never guessed that weeding out shitty cops would be so hard. So hard that it is apparently a choice between letting them stay or the complete destruction of America and thus the world.

On a related note: Why in the fuck should we trust people who cannot weed out bad cops without the utter destruction of the world to weed out criminals?

Seems to me like there's a lot more criminals and that they're a lot harder to keep an eye on compared to coworkers, but what do I know, right?

You and the couple of Leftards straggling around here are the only ones who think burning things to the ground is the direction we should go.

Of course, ignoring all the incessant bitching is a great way to leave that as the only viable option.

Because reform would require listening to incessant bitching, right?

A fate worse than Afghanistan!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    The police profession calls to those who feed on being in power the same way the priesthood calls to pedophiles. This is not to say that all cops are power hungry assholes or that all priests are pedophiles. The professions themselves position the crooked to feed on what they crave.
    Only those reluctant to have power can be trusted with it. And even they will screw up from time to time.

Clay feet and all that jazz is to be expected.

Here's another thing, George: The only times the cops face any backlash for indulging in the sadistic pleasures that a few of them obtain from maiming 73-year-old women is when the woman is black and the cop is white. Because that's the only time it's useful politically to the government. Cop-shit is just fine, but Race-shit fuels the machine.
    The irony is that, while what you say is true on one level, on another they always seem to pick the most obvious cases where the cop was innocent. Every time there's a national story of white cop/black victim, I spend five minutes looking into it, and think "Can't you fucking retards find an actual case where the cop is guilty?" I mean, I don't buy into their narrative, but I am fairly certain it happens at least sometimes.

But it's almost enough to lead one to believe the very opposite of the proposed narrative: cops only abuse white people.,,,,IF you are prone to checking out other sources on the subject.

I do have lots of friends who see through the BLM cases though, but never see the cases where whites are abused or killed and therefore put cops on an unjustified pedestal because, from their vantage point, nobody gets abused by police.

I won't even try anymore. Get angry and go have a war. Kill a few million or more Americans. Most from starvation and disease. See how the world looks without America or law.
    You don't seem to appreciate that the enemy always gets a vote. This isn't all about how we choose to act and think. The option of just pretending everything is fine and carrying on with life is not going to work forever. Even if you retreat, they'll eventually just find a way to burn your crops and poison your livestock, or simply raid your farm like they do in South Africa.

We aren't declaring war on them, they have declared war on us. It really sucks, but pretending it isn't happening won't just make it all go away. The right has been more than accommodating to the insanity of the left. In fact, conservatism has become nothing more than the art of submission, and I'm pretty sure that wasn't simply strategic misstep. Going beyond it would threaten open war, which Trump came pretty close to demonstrating. But when does it end? Is your slavery fine as long as your masters promise to keep you alive with a full belly?

I have resolved to deal with what little I can at arms' length and try not to hate everyone for fucking up the world I'm gonna turn over to my kids.
    Don't hate everyone, obviously, but you should hate those responsible. If fucking up your children's future doesn't justify hate, then what does?

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    Only those reluctant to have power can be trusted with it. And even they will screw up from time to time.
    You want a draft???

starting strength coach development program
    You want a draft???
    I wasn't thinking reluctant being completely unwilling, as much as being willing to accept the power to fufil a need vs prick who want the power for the power.

I can't see how we could do much worse politically than we are right now if we just picked random names out of the phone book and pressed them into service right now.