starting strength gym
Page 1267 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 2677671167121712571265126612671268126912771317136717672267 ... LastLast
Results 12,661 to 12,670 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post
    Also, the police are the thin line between chaos and order in a society that wants prosperity with rules. Police were created directly from the formation of capitalistic societies.
    The police are just an organized crime syndicate. You have been fooled by the television shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post

I often wonder if their perception of the people they interact with changes such that they see them as less and less human over time. In combat, they usually pull troops out after a certain amount of time because they need to decompress. I could be mistaken, but I've never heard of such a thing being done with police. You just get 20 years of men hitting their wives, drunks puking in your car, and crackheads lying to you. I wonder how long it takes to desensitize to the point that the people you are dealing with are no longer people?
    This is a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post

If we defund the local police, who is in charge? The local Antifa commies and the FBI (KGB) would gladly fill the vacuum as a more corrupt, unaccountable, overbearing police force.
    What if they just remove the bad apples? Who decides which ones are the bad apples? It would be the FBI, the incompetent bureaucrats and the Marxist revolutionary leaders.
    Yeah, I was thinking the same. FBI raided the homes and jailed people merely present at the Capitol riots, with no evidence that they entered the buildings. Some judges issued the warrants. Where's the outrage over that? That indicates corruption and abuse of power and a very high level in a very powerful agency. Low level street cops and their supervisors abusing their power? Meh, it's to be expected. I lived in California for almost 50 years and I've interacted with local cops as a perp, as someone needing assistance, as someone assisting them, and as friend and associate of several officers. My experiences have been mixed: about 50% good and bad. Power can corrupt people; people love to exert power over others. Training and selection may help, but I think oversight and consequences for abuse of power is critical. I've seen guys with good intentions join the police force and then a few years later behave like they are engaged in a race war. There's a failure there somewhere. Chauvin's disregard for a moaning man was wrong, but understandable given all the shit druggie piece of shit drama queens he's had to deal with. No one seems to care that if Floyd didn't resist arrest, then perhaps Chauvin would have been able to get him medical care sooner?

Hats off to guys like Mr. Rowe that try and make a difference, small or otherwise. Perhaps someday he'll be in a more powerful position to make an even bigger difference. At least he's doing something. I assisted a female officer who I felt was about to get her ass handed to her by a man quite larger than her. When she said "thanks for helping out" I replied "well, I know you'd do that for me" So, I try to remember that when interacting with an officer, asshat or not. [Incidentally, when I replied, I was actually pissed and thinking: "you're a 130 pound female, you have no business being a street cop, and I put my life in danger helping your sorry ass, get behind a desk" -- but, wtf do I know about policing?]

This may be an exaggerated or modified story (maybe it's not even real) but it's a reminder that there are officers out there that are decent and truly live up to the idea of selflessly "protecting and serving". And they do this stuff despite being shit on, and dealing with the degenerates of society as part of their regular duties:

Police take wrong-way driver crash on purpose to protect others - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    It's because their maliciousness is passive aggressive. The doctor denying a treatment always does so "with the patient's best interests in mind". And very importantly, there is no representative visual act to sear into your brain.

"Shoulder go pop" = masculine violence.

"It's for your own good" = feminine violence.

We are far more strongly conditioned to abhor masculine violence, which is why it is so much more effectively restrained (the ancient art of civilization). But feminine tactics are how the Marxists have been able to wreak absolute havoc, including mass murder, and you can still safely wear a hammer and sickle in public. "Mommy's heart was in the right place, but she made some mistakes." Motherland vs Fatherland.
    ^That's a helluva post^

Quote Originally Posted by Ericw View Post
    Neal Boortz, whose radio show I greatly enjoyed often said something to the effect of, “Politicians are people whose only skill is to get re-elected and are basically incompetent outside of that.” I’d add to that an over-inflated sense of importance. But people eat that shit up unfortunately, which is why we get plant-based beer.
    Thomas Sowell is a gold mine.

“If politicians stopped meddling with things they don't understand, there would be a more drastic reduction in the size of government than anyone in either party advocates.”

“The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics.”

“The fact that so many successful politicians are such shameless liars is not only a reflection on them, it is also a reflection on us. When the people want the impossible, only liars can satisfy.”

“Virtually no idea is too ridiculous to be accepted, even by very intelligent and highly educated people, if it provides a way for them to feel special and important. Some confuse that feeling with idealism.”

“When you want to help people, you tell them the truth. When you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear.”

“It’s amazing how much panic one honest man can spread among a multitude of hypocrites.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    This will not be a popular question....

Why are we not equally infuriated by Doctors who withhold information/treatment from Covid patients...especially the weak and elderly? If this virus is not treated, it can kill. That poor demented lady will survive, and hopefully receive a settlement. The covid patients who ended up dying on a Vent alone are...gone.
    Are we not?

Some folks would be happy to see anyone in cahoots with the like of Dr. Fussy hung right next to him. No me, of course. But some folks would.

Why do Doctors get special treatment? Is it because the harm caused by willful refusal to treat is not a violent act like "popping" a person's shoulder out?
    Not sure what the special treatment is, but a distinction is that one can allow for some level of ignorance on the part of some doctors. I am sure many of them are getting as much gaslighting as the general public, but in more medical form. Maybe they should know better, but it's a little different from physical abuse, which just requires a soul to avoid committing.

Hell, even if that pig had done the same thing to that poor woman's shoulder, but had overdid it because he screwed up, there'd be a more compassionate opinion of him. He'd only be a fuck up then. But as it is he is an asshole bragging about it.

NONE OF US WOULD DO THOSE THINGS. We are humans, and we have empathy. You have to grasp what it means to be incapable of empathy. Oh, and they hide is so well...they parrot our behaviors.

These cops must be eliminated from positions of authority. Rip's comment about her son is a sad fact. All men know this.

BUT, our real focus needs to remain on the sociopaths that can destroy humanity. They have become true Weapons of Mass Destruction. The house is on fire and the arsonists are completely visible now. These monsters want us to focus on lowly, sadistic cops. It's a distraction.
    A good point, but we can multitask. This thread is an example. There has been plenty of anger directed at bad cops, but I'd say it is nothing in comparison to what has been directed at scumbag political and medical officials.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    The police are just an organized crime syndicate. You have been fooled by the television shows.
    There is certainly an element, as with all political shit, where the difference between the mafio's mob protection and the legal mob protection are quite blurry.

There has always been and always will always be policing. And it is true that that is a cornerstone of a civilized people.

But you run into trouble any time the people doing it become a separate class of people with special rights often with no proximity to there the people they police.

Here.jpg

We can pretend we're all just fellow citizens all we want, but nobody actually does, or should, believe that BS. Regardless of the cop being good or bad or even choosing to exploit that difference it is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    A point I made last year in this thread. But, like my challenge to the True Disbelievers here about how getting an annual flu shot or periodic colonoscopy is not being a "good boy". It's simply something to do since in the main it saves lives.

But, none of this will salve the massive butt hurt of those who sit back and just bitch. Not so different from the drunks in bars who turn into Captain Guts after a six pack but can't be bothered to get off their bar stool.
    Covid shots, flu shots and colonoscopies? This is a really weird trio. Like, do colonoscopies only save the lives of people doing them or do they protect the public as well?

Yes. Getting a colonoscopy protects the lives of people who refuse to get a colonoscopy. Same thing.

starting strength coach development program
    Jfsully, you owe me another beer.